Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
I have iPad mini (black) w/ RED smart cover...

I'd like to be able to take my iPad mini outside, so I'd like to protect it from scratched as such, so I purchased screen protector and now I'm looking to cover back of it. I'm looking for something slim (I dont want to add bulk)

any suggestion (that would co-exists w/ apple's smart cover)?

Take a look at Zagg leather skins. I've put one on all of my iPads, and they wear well.

siritalks

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
I'm waiting until the middle of this month when Moshi release their Versacover for the mini. Got one on my iPad 3 and it's ace.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
You don't agree with what? I wasn't comparing it to the Devicewear (which I have never seen). I was merely stating the FACT that the Kavaj Hamburg is more versatile than the Kavaj Berlin.

Each to his own.

That its absolutely superb.

jfulcher

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
I'm waiting until the middle of this month when Moshi release their Versacover for the mini. Got one on my iPad 3 and it's ace.

Where did you find the release date. I loved this same case on my 3 before I got rid of it.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
I just got the Devicewear Ridge a few days ago and I really love it. Exactly what I was looking for.

Previously I had purchased the Invellop case from Amazon because of all the positive reviews. Then the case came and it looked incredibly cheap.

The Devicewear feels great, looks great, and functions flawlessly. The one very minor complaint I have is that the case doesn't sit completely flat against the mini after using it in typing mode. But it seems that with a little more use, the fold that causes this issue will become less stiff, and I think the problem will go away on its own. And even if it doesn't, I like this case too much to go shopping for the perfect one again.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
After seeing the picutres I have decided to go with the Smart Cover and Switcheasy Coverbuddy. I've tried a few of the 3rd party cases and you get what you pay for

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I've tried a few of the 3rd party cases and you get what you pay for

me too....smart move - every one of these cases that sells for <$10 looks it... up close....the khomo is the only one I've got that's a good deal of the cheapos... the poetic went from the package to the trash once I looked at it..., but still use my coverbuddy as I like to take the cover off...

DK1ng

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Seattle
Just got my JoyFactory Smartsuit in today for my slate mini! Awesome product! Only thing I'm having trouble with is the typing angle using the folio is not functional. Does not want to stay put! Other than that, I am very happy about my purchase :)

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
I picked up the photive ultra slim just because it had a stylus holder.

It's actually perfect with one exception and that's it's not really my style. But it does everything I need it to, that stylus holder's huge

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal

they have black!!!! and it looks like the same attachment... the red looks gorgeous on my monitor, too!

UGH..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

got my smart cover yesterday that i ordered from DX-Box... it's freakin' dark grey... not black :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

and now that i go back to their site, they no longer have black listed....

AND it STINKS... horribly!

the packaging is just like the apple smart cover... i mean identical!!

i emailed them about sending me black (which i guess they don't really have)...

at this point i guess i'll just be going coverless... i bought my phantomskinz once i found what i thought was a black smartcover... i've been using it fine without the Smart Cover... and i got a gorgeous sleeve (coach e-reader) soooo.... unless i find something else down the road....

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Just got my JoyFactory Smartsuit in today for my slate mini! Awesome product!
I have the same product and I'm very happy with it, with the exception of one attribute. The lock button and volume buttons are a bit deep and somewhat difficult to press because of the case.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Just got my JoyFactory Smartsuit in today for my slate mini! Awesome product! Only thing I'm having trouble with is the typing angle using the folio is not functional. Does not want to stay put! Other than that, I am very happy about my purchase :)

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Hope you didnt pay more than $7! That looks exactly like the Poetic and Moko cases on Amazon.

I have the Moko right now and it is very similar.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Hope you didnt pay more than $7! That looks exactly like the Poetic and Moko cases on Amazon.

The black version might look the same but the silver/white totally different since hard back case is white for Joy Factory and is black for Poetic and Moko!!

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
have any cases like the zum sc ultimate or incipio smart feather for ipad 2/3/4 that lock the smart cover hinge down come out?

It seems all the cases i've found for the mini either just have a cutout for the smart cover latch or dont allow for one to be installed at all

Geekzter

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010

I have both the Poetic & the Joyfactory. The Joyfactory case is defiantly constructed better and has a better grip than the Poetic.

DK1ng

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Seattle

I did pay more than $7 for it haha but I believe in the whole "you get what you pay for" thing and I don't regret getting it at all! I'm sure the Poetic and Moko are awesome cases

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I've got a pink and a navy blue Poetic Slimline cases.
Send me a message if your interested, you can have them for a couple bucks or whatever it costs for shipping.

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
Got my Booqpad for the mini yesterday. Very nice for $39. As advertised it is of high quality regarding its stitching and overall construction. Getting the iPad in and out is easy, so it can be used as I am using it with little hassle: only when necessary, otherwise left in my laptop bag as a notebook.

Highly recommend for those looking for a pen and paper along with their mini from time to time.

stevo8

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2007

Key word here..... I have both the poetic and moko and neither are made of quality materials. They look fine and work good for the price but they are by no means made as well as many other $40+ cases Ive seen

ryguywoll

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
iPad mini case similar to smart case

Has anyone come out with a folio style case similar to smart case that secures the case when the cover is folded all the way back? Or smart cover companions similar to those by Belkin (Snap Shield Secure) or Incase (Magnetic Snap Case)?

lilmoe

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2012
Still lost. Anyone have a recommendation for a minimalistic case that's has a good typing stand?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.