Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLeg

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
better safe than sorry

doublesure.jpg

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I think I finally landed on the Speck Fitfolio- there's just one minor gripe I have and that's that I want the wake functionality.

Oh and a loop for a stylus but I've been able to hook it to the spine without it feeling too awkward.

Thats a huge issue when you paying a premium for that Speck case. Devicewear is exactly the same case.

MacLeg

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Thats a huge issue when you paying a premium for that Speck case. Devicewear is exactly the same case.

Kudos to Devicewear for that excellent series of large images, showing their product. It's made me an instant customer as a result. My bubble wrap solution will be for travel, outside the Devicewear.

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
Just got my new iPad mini and ordered a Joli Originals last week, just got it in and its awesome again. Have used one of their sleeves for my iPad 2 for almost 2 years, still looks great. Will make a couple of pictures later today :)

DK1ng

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Seattle
Just ordered the black joy factory smart suit for my ipad mini off amazon with free 2 day shipping! Will post pictures/review once I get it

TaylorMatsu

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Oh, that's good. The case is good for under $6, but it won't be my permanent case. I also don't like how one of the clips at the bottom covers one of the stereo speakers. I'm hoping that the replacement cases that they are sending will have that clip moved slightly to avoid the speaker (but I doubt it).

I just pulled the trigger on this iBlason case:

ImageImageImage

It's the i-Blason SoftGel Flexible Semi-Transparent TPU Case in Frost/Clear. It isn't compatible with the SmartCover, which is fine by me. I was debating between the frost/clear and the black translucent, but ended up ordering the clear figuring that the black translucent will be too dark for my black mini. Fortunately it's fulfilled by Amazon, so if I don't like it, returning it will be easy. The price was pretty low too.

I was hoping that Belkin would make a Grip Vue for the mini, but I don't see it on their website. I had one for the 1st gen iPad, and it was an awesome case. Oh well.

Do you have a link to this? I can't seem to find it

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
I just received this Khomo case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009UZ3TF4

The design and finish is similar to the Incase Magazine Jacket (which is my favorite case for the big iPad). It's well made, the cut-outs are perfectly placed, the magnetic auto-wake works fine. The front flap can be folded all the way back and I can comfortably hold the Mini with one hand in that position (the flap does not magnetically attach on the back though). The slightly angled typing position works fine too.

The only issue so far is that the upright viewing position is very unstable, because the footprint of the folded flap is just too small. The slightest shaking can cause the iPad to tip over, so it's definitely not recommended to watch videos on an airplane in that position.

Overall I'm happy with it for now, especially considering the very moderate price.

A few pictures:

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
Khomo (RED)

here is the Khomo Red that I just got today too!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 139

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

Looks nice. I think this works better because they squeezed in a fourth panel. I'm guessing this makes the stands much more stable than what we have been seeing from the Poetic SlimLine and the Joy Factory SmartSuit.

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
Looks nice. I think this works better because they squeezed in a fourth panel. I'm guessing this makes the stands much more stable than what we have been seeing from the Poetic SlimLine and the Joy Factory SmartSuit.

Well I am testing that part still....

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
The red version is very nice too!

BTW, another little niggle with these cases is that it's quite difficult to remove the iPad. I guess that's because the hard case is closed on all sides so it flexes very little (whereas e.g. the Incase Magazine Jacket leaves most of the top and bottom edges open).

But generally I think the case is very good value for money.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
I'm reallllly digging my Poetic Hardback. Been using it for about a week now. Loved the case design for my iPad, thus...went right for it on my iPad Mini.. :D

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
Got my portenzo book cover. It's a hardback. I'm going to return it for the Tesoro version. Very nice book case. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354195676.240292.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354195689.013049.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354195704.400268.jpg

andgosun

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
Pryor Oklahoma
There aren't really any cases yet, but SGP has announced their GLAS.t (for pre-order) and the Ultra Crystal/Ultra Fine screen protectors. The first full body kit announced is the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield.

The last case you've posted actually shows an Android device btw.

Otterbox announced the Defender for the iPad Mini:
apl2-imin1-20.jpg

Kavaj has announced two genuine leather cases (and offers a 15% discount on both with the code YX95HGH3 for the introduction on pre-orders): The "Berlin"
kavaj-ipad3-case-berlin-cognac_08.jpg
kavaj-ipad3-case-berlin_08.jpg

and the "London":
kavaj-ipad3-case-london-cognac_09.jpg
kavaj-ipad3-case-london-black_12.jpg

Kensington has rear shells in black, smoke, green and violet - and they work with the Smart Cover.
31yM7ivRTYL.jpg
31Ok2WX1v2L.jpg

319BRsK8MrL._SL1000_.jpg
31zODCGXQoL._SL1000_.jpg

I preordered a Berlin Cognac cover from Amazon some time ago, and received it today. Have only had it for a few hours and really love it already. All of the cut outs are perfect. I also love the built in buttons for the power and volume. The case covers and closes completely, leaving no exposed surfaces. It is Genuine Leather with a pleasant leather smell. Outside dimensions are 8 1/8" tall, 5 1/2" wide and a very slim 1/2" thick. The stitch work is very fine. The design is very form fitting. I Love It! ! !:)

MacLeg

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Devicewear, The Ridge

I couldn't be more pleased with my Ridge by Devicewear. I waited an hour, using it, feeling it, looking at it, then ordered one for my iPad 3. I don't know how I've gotten along without one till now.

Sorry for the iphone's intense flash (which for some unknown reason, is centered at the bottom of the frame in all flash shots)

slimpad1.jpg

slimpad2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.