Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:18 PM   #151
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Just got my case today, whoever said that these are the same quality as the real must be smoking something, the case doesn't line up there's a huge gap on the volume side the plastic piece is poorly made where the screws line up it doesn't align totally, I ordered it on the 3rd and it got here today defiantly not worth it I'm still with my sector 5 and element from now on
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:23 PM   #152
MarcRRT
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
Just got my case today, whoever said that these are the same quality as the real must be smoking something, the case doesn't line up there's a huge gap on the volume side the plastic piece is poorly made where the screws line up it doesn't align totally, I ordered it on the 3rd and it got here today defiantly not worth it I'm still with my sector 5 and element from now on
I'm actually glad to hear that. My sector 5 should be here by next Friday and I'd be pissed if I liked my fake vapor pro more than my real sector 5. I'll just give the vapor pro to someone.
MarcRRT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:33 PM   #153
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcRRT View Post
I'm actually glad to hear that. My sector 5 should be here by next Friday and I'd be pissed if I liked my fake vapor pro more than my real sector 5. I'll just give the vapor pro to someone.
It's not anodized either I dropped it about 4 inches off my lap without the phone even in it and it scratched it and left a ding on the side I'm still trying to get my money back from PayPal the case is so off it doesn't even touch the left side of my phone, the element symbol and name are painted onto the case and is already coming off, I wouldn't buy from these people again and just spend the extra on a genuine one

Update: after about an hour of taking it off and bending it and putting back in I finally got it to almost completely touch, such a waste of time

Update 2: my case is black and the paint from it is coming off onto my hands, little worried if the paint has lead or something in it, might just trash it outright

Last edited by swervinsuburban; Nov 29, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:24 PM   #154
Gungai
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
It's not anodized either I dropped it about 4 inches off my lap without the phone even in it and it scratched it and left a ding on the side I'm still trying to get my money back from PayPal the case is so off it doesn't even touch the left side of my phone, the element symbol and name are painted onto the case and is already coming off, I wouldn't buy from these people again and just spend the extra on a genuine one

Update: after about an hour of taking it off and bending it and putting back in I finally got it to almost completely touch, such a waste of time

Update 2: my case is black and the paint from it is coming off onto my hands, little worried if the paint has lead or something in it, might just trash it outright

Can you post pics to better show the massive damage you are describing?
Gungai is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:38 PM   #155
indyzzzz
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
It's not anodized either I dropped it about 4 inches off my lap without the phone even in it and it scratched it and left a ding on the side I'm still trying to get my money back from PayPal the case is so off it doesn't even touch the left side of my phone, the element symbol and name are painted onto the case and is already coming off, I wouldn't buy from these people again and just spend the extra on a genuine one

Update: after about an hour of taking it off and bending it and putting back in I finally got it to almost completely touch, such a waste of time

Update 2: my case is black and the paint from it is coming off onto my hands, little worried if the paint has lead or something in it, might just trash it outright
Pics please.
Gotta wait till the quality improves. The first batch of replicas always has issues.
indyzzzz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:25 AM   #156
KojiH
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
the case is so off it doesn't even touch the left side of my phone
As I posted in my photos on the previous page, I also had the same issue with the case bulging on the left side. Mine left a 1mm air gap between the case and phone below the volume buttons.

But in the end it really wasn't very hard to bend it back into shape... After all it's just a thin piece of aluminum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
the element symbol and name are painted onto the case and is already coming off
My lettering is not rubbing off nor is my finish scratching and I've been using it continuously since I installed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
I wouldn't buy from these people again and just spend the extra on a genuine one
... That's all well and good except that there is NO SUCH THING as a "genuine" VaporPro for the iPhone 5 by ElementCase. Element never made a VaporPro for the iPhone 5, only for the 4/4S. So you can spend all you want but the only place you can get a VaporPro for the iPhone 5 is through these asian vendors.

For under $23 shipped for this aluminum bumper case I'm pretty happy. If I'd spend $130 (how much Element charges for a VaporPro for iPhone 4/4S) then I'd be pissed...

In fact I did spend $90 on the original Element Vapor case for my iPhone 4 when they were first introduced. The all metal band absolutely destroyed the reception on my phone. That bumper went straight into my closet and never spent a single day on my phone as a result. Talk about a complete waste of money...

As far as shipping delays, I guess I'm just used to ordering things from China. With the China/HongKong post, US customs, and then US Postal Service I don't get freaked out when it takes a little longer to get to my doorstep. It's not like we're dealing with Amazon Prime... I've had plenty of packages from China sit in US customs for 2-3 weeks before being released to the USPS. Usually for no particular reason at all...

Just this evening I had a colleague notice my iPhone 5 in the VaporPro and asked about where he could order one. I happily gave him the info.

Sorry it didn't work out for you... I hope the Sector 5 suits your needs!
KojiH is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:14 AM   #157
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiH View Post
As I posted in my photos on the previous page, I also had the same issue with the case bulging on the left side. Mine left a 1mm air gap between the case and phone below the volume buttons.

But in the end it really wasn't very hard to bend it back into shape... After all it's just a thin piece of aluminum.



My lettering is not rubbing off nor is my finish scratching and I've been using it continuously since I installed it.



... That's all well and good except that there is NO SUCH THING as a "genuine" VaporPro for the iPhone 5 by ElementCase. Element never made a VaporPro for the iPhone 5, only for the 4/4S. So you can spend all you want but the only place you can get a VaporPro for the iPhone 5 is through these asian vendors.

For under $23 shipped for this aluminum bumper case I'm pretty happy. If I'd spend $130 (how much Element charges for a VaporPro for iPhone 4/4S) then I'd be pissed...

In fact I did spend $90 on the original Element Vapor case for my iPhone 4 when they were first introduced. The all metal band absolutely destroyed the reception on my phone. That bumper went straight into my closet and never spent a single day on my phone as a result. Talk about a complete waste of money...

As far as shipping delays, I guess I'm just used to ordering things from China. With the China/HongKong post, US customs, and then US Postal Service I don't get freaked out when it takes a little longer to get to my doorstep. It's not like we're dealing with Amazon Prime... I've had plenty of packages from China sit in US customs for 2-3 weeks before being released to the USPS. Usually for no particular reason at all...

Just this evening I had a colleague notice my iPhone 5 in the VaporPro and asked about where he could order one. I happily gave him the info.

Sorry it didn't work out for you... I hope the Sector 5 suits your needs!
Kind of hard for the paint to come off if its not even painted and just the naked aluminum because your case is SILVER.....it took them 8 days to even ship the case that's excessive and I shouldn't have to take more then an hour to bend the case into the correct shape, it doesn't come with all the parts listed its just not a good case.
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:44 AM   #158
Minhthien
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
It's not anodized either I dropped it about 4 inches off my lap without the phone even in it and it scratched it and left a ding on the side I'm still trying to get my money back from PayPal the case is so off it doesn't even touch the left side of my phone, the element symbol and name are painted onto the case and is already coming off, I wouldn't buy from these people again and just spend the extra on a genuine one

Update: after about an hour of taking it off and bending it and putting back in I finally got it to almost completely touch, such a waste of time

Update 2: my case is black and the paint from it is coming off onto my hands, little worried if the paint has lead or something in it, might just trash it outright
Pictures please?? if you don't post one like other have asked you, then i guess you work for element case!
__________________
15' 2011 MB Pro 2.3 i7 256SSD(Samsung 830)+Data Doubler 750gb / 16gb@1600mhz HR AG
Black iPhone 5 64gb / iPad 4 64gb+4G
Canon 5D Mark III+BG-E11 / 24-70 II/ 70-200L IS II
Minhthien is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:58 AM   #159
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhthien View Post
Pictures please?? if you don't post one like other have asked you, then i guess you work for element case!
I would have to take the case off as my iphone is my camera, i can show the coating in the case as some parts were poorly painted and paint is coming off and my finger after I run it along the case and the element logo but I can't show pictures of the case on the phone. I don't have anywhere to host of image or what not if somebody can send a link to an easy image hosting site I can do it. I don't work for element never even knew who they were until a month ago as I never used cases on any of my phones up until now, I do because I destroyed my iphone 4 in the process
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:40 AM   #160
indyzzzz
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhthien View Post
Pictures please?? if you don't post one like other have asked you, then i guess you work for element case!
Yah, it stinks in here now
indyzzzz is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:49 AM   #161
kaikai830
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhthien View Post
Pictures please?? if you don't post one like other have asked you, then i guess you work for element case!
Like I said in my posts from the Sector 5 thread, this kid keep posting a whole buch of BS. Ignore him guys.
kaikai830 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:43 AM   #162
KojiH
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
Kind of hard for the paint to come off if its not even painted and just the naked aluminum because your case is SILVER.....
I was addressing your concern over the logo rubbing off. Even pushing down with considerable force over the logo area mine is not coming off at all. Perhaps yours has an isolated defect?

Also I did not say anything about the case color. And FYI you CAN get aluminum objects anodized in silver color too.

As you can see in the photos of my case even my silver one is not just raw machined aluminum. There are no CNC machining marks on the case. Either it has been bead blasted, anodized, or both. In any case after several days of use there is no scuffing/staining/marring of the finish. This is more than can be said of the original Apple black anodization...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
it took them 8 days to even ship the case that's excessive
So what was your overall transit time from the date the order was placed to when it arrived in your hands?

In my case I placed my order on 11/9. I received it on 11/26. This is a decent time for any product from China in my experience. Especially when you consider the shipping was free... I've had items ordered from BestBuy.com take longer!!

I think we've all been spoiled with the fast Amazon Prime shipping here stateside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
And I shouldn't have to take more then an hour to bend the case into the correct shape,
An hour? Even taking into account having to remove all of the screws and reassemble it only took me maybe 3-4 minutes to adjust mine... Again it's a relatively thin aluminum so it doesnt take much force at all to tweak it back into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
it doesn't come with all the parts listed its just not a good case.
What parts were missing? If there are missing parts you should ask them to send them to you. Or just wrap it back up and send it back! I think you'll be surprised at how much it actually costs to ship even a small package internationally from the states...

Actually I'm happy enough with mine to consider placing an order for their new "luxury" aluminum iPhone 5 bumper frame. It looks very familiar...

Last edited by KojiH; Nov 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
KojiH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:00 PM   #163
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyzzzz View Post
Yah, it stinks in here now
Go buy you're fakes then I could care less

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikai830 View Post
Like I said in my posts from the Sector 5 thread, this kid keep posting a whole buch of BS. Ignore him guys.
Considering how thick your accent is I don't doubt you are a distributor of these fakes since you defend them so adamantly. Build quality is poor you get what you pay for.

It took 29 days to get here when it specifically says on their site for the shipping I selected 14-20 days
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:07 PM   #164
Minhthien
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Caseswill just got Sector 5 in! I would have order it but I still haven't receive my vapor pro iphone 5 yet after over a month! CS is kinda slow as they promise me they would send me a replacement.
__________________
15' 2011 MB Pro 2.3 i7 256SSD(Samsung 830)+Data Doubler 750gb / 16gb@1600mhz HR AG
Black iPhone 5 64gb / iPad 4 64gb+4G
Canon 5D Mark III+BG-E11 / 24-70 II/ 70-200L IS II
Minhthien is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:49 PM   #165
bloodninj4
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhthien View Post
Caseswill just got Sector 5 in! I would have order it but I still haven't receive my vapor pro iphone 5 yet after over a month! CS is kinda slow as they promise me they would send me a replacement.
no kidding

http://www.caseswill.com/aluminium-c...-iphone-5_c243

they have way more colors also
bloodninj4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:15 PM   #166
indyzzzz
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhthien View Post
Caseswill just got Sector 5 in! I would have order it but I still haven't receive my vapor pro iphone 5 yet after over a month! CS is kinda slow as they promise me they would send me a replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodninj4 View Post
no kidding

http://www.caseswill.com/aluminium-c...-iphone-5_c243

they have way more colors also
Caseswill usually has decent quality, I think Im going to chance it and order one. Probably be here in a month, but its not like Element is shipping them out quicker than that
indyzzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:36 PM   #167
KojiH
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyzzzz View Post
Caseswill usually has decent quality, I think Im going to chance it and order one. Probably be here in a month, but its not like Element is shipping them out quicker than that
I just ordered a grey one.

Used the coupon "caseswill10" for an additional 10% off!

I'll post photos when it arrives!
KojiH is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:46 PM   #168
TheBigKing
macrumors 6502a
 
TheBigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PR
just buy the black one cases will cases arrives to me in 2 or 3 weeks
__________________
i iPhone 5s 32GB Silver , Macbook Pro 13, 8GB Ram 500 GB HD
TheBigKing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 01:49 AM   #169
Minhthien
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I am not having a good luck with online ordering lately..... My Spigen order seem like it lost and now Caseswill is also seem lost too!
__________________
15' 2011 MB Pro 2.3 i7 256SSD(Samsung 830)+Data Doubler 750gb / 16gb@1600mhz HR AG
Black iPhone 5 64gb / iPad 4 64gb+4G
Canon 5D Mark III+BG-E11 / 24-70 II/ 70-200L IS II
Minhthien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:42 AM   #170
indyzzzz
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiH View Post
I just ordered a grey one.

Used the coupon "caseswill10" for an additional 10% off!

I'll post photos when it arrives!
Thanks for the coupon code mate, cheers
indyzzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:45 AM   #171
Presonance
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiH View Post
I just ordered a grey one.

Used the coupon "caseswill10" for an additional 10% off!

I'll post photos when it arrives!
Uhh..... I posted that coupon code first.
Presonance is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 09:40 AM   #172
KojiH
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presonance View Post
Uhh..... I posted that coupon code first.
Don't be sad. I posted it second!

Anyway we should keep posting it because it's a good coupon...
KojiH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:12 PM   #173
bloodninj4
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiH View Post
Don't be sad. I posted it second!

Anyway we should keep posting it because it's a good coupon...
darn says it expired for me
bloodninj4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:55 AM   #174
opeepingtomo
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I plan on ordering one of the fakes to try out.

Will the Silver probably be less prone to show scratching than the Blue, or are all the colors pretty resistant to showing scratches?
opeepingtomo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:23 AM   #175
Thade
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Anyone using vapor pro with a glass screen protector?
Thade is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unloading Element Case Vapor Pro(s) for 4/4s Sheldonsmith iPhone Accessories 0 Oct 12, 2013 07:52 PM
ElementCase Vapor Pro Elite lgreenberg iPhone Accessories 17 Jun 22, 2012 01:52 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC