Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
You make some very interesting points, one of the things that has been forgotten is that in the last thirty years nationalism has been frown on in mainland Europe. Flag waving and such was discouraged, only football was seen as acceptable exception to this rule.

I'd say flags are mostly considered partying accessory here today :D;)

------
If someone cares to have a sneak look at Women's friendly Germany-France (I expect it to be more entertaining than the Netherlands-Germany men's friendly :) ) http://mediathek.daserste.de/live/12595506_im-livestream-biathlon-und-skispringen-im-ersten (29th nov., 15.05 Berlin time)

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
It's looking likely to be the Manchester Premier League again this year.

A typical performance from Liverpool - lots of possession, not enough goals. The fact is, Spurs are a better side with more talent.[/QUOTE]

Which is good because we're not playing well at all this season. :(

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
It's the big one, folks. MLS Cup is here!

Tomorrow at 4:30 ET is the final MLS match of 2012, deciding the league champs. LA versus Houston. I'll be in Houston's corner; despite the fact that I dislike Texas and everything associated with it, I never root for the Galaxy. Plus, ex-Crew midfielder (and bona-fide Scotsman) Adam Moffat will be pulling strings in Houston's midfield. He's been assigned to mark Beckham, so I'm hoping to see Moffat put in a reducer on goldenballs. :D

Meanwhile, back in England, Lucas looks set to return for the 'pool. I can't wait to see him get a few games under his belt and get back to playing football. He's been hurt far too long over the last season and a bit.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
It's the big one, folks. MLS Cup is here!

Tomorrow at 4:30 ET is the final MLS match of 2012, deciding the league champs. LA versus Houston. I'll be in Houston's corner; despite the fact that I dislike Texas and everything associated with it, I never root for the Galaxy. Plus, ex-Crew midfielder (and bona-fide Scotsman) Adam Moffat will be pulling strings in Houston's midfield. He's been assigned to mark Beckham, so I'm hoping to see Moffat put in a reducer on goldenballs. :D

Meanwhile, back in England, Lucas looks set to return for the 'pool. I can't wait to see him get a few games under his belt and get back to playing football. He's been hurt far too long over the last season and a bit.

pulling for houston as well. i do love becks tho...

JAFFA:

403122_3749529267070_1304121015_n.jpg

had our second Subbuteo and foosball/beer bash last night...

Last edited:

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Ill be going the Houston route as well just to go against LA.

City versus Everton today found a decent online stream for the game since I don't have fox soccer. Hopefully Everton decides to show up to play today.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Can we nick Diame in January. Absolute beast today...bullied Chelsea off the park.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
...and we slide down to 10th in the table. Goal difference dropping too. Spurs thrashing Fulham away and into top 4...having the last laugh. But hey, in Arsene and the Board we trust! :rolleyes: :mad:

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
...and we slide down to 10th in the table. Goal difference dropping too. Spurs thrashing Fulham away and into top 4...having the last laugh. But hey, in Arsene and the Board we trust! :rolleyes: :mad:
On the plus side, Piers Morgan's Twitter feed should be fried gold tonight. :)

had our second Subbuteo and foosball/beer bash last night...
Ooo. :)

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
For the last half an hour I've watched Rafael battle make rash challenges knowing that eventually he's gonna lose me valuable Fantasy Premier League points. Cue, yellow card. :mad:

----------

And now he's been taken off. No points from him! Sulky beggar.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
I went to university in Nottingham, and during my time there I saw many amazing things. But the one thing I never saw in all my time there was a Paul McShane goal.

As did I! Which era? in my case, was a regular at Notts County when I couldn't get to watch Liverpool. Big Sam (with moustache) was manager. Heady days

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Houston 1-3 Los Angeles

Not the best match. Houston started well and scored from open play, but LA won it wih free kicks and penalties that gave us all a chance to watch Robbie Keane's hilariously bad goal celebration.

Golden Balls gets his victorious send off to his next high-profile gig.

Last edited:

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Last nights result.

Ajax 3 Vs PSV 1

Ajax didn't just beat PSV they made them look silly. In the first 30 minutes of the game PSV never got out of their half of the pitch. Ajax was 1 up via Siem de Jong from a corner. The pressure was great by Ajax to get another goal, like so often PSV suddenly broke free and scored via Jeremain Lens.

PSV did have a good shout for a penalty when Dries Mertens was floored in the box, but the referee didn't give it.

The second half was real flipper kast football, missed passes, ball given away, but the chances were there for both teams. Jeremain Lens had the match at his feet, after a counter by PSV he only had to score, but he put the ball wide. Minutes later Danny Hoesen for Ajax, PSV failed to mount any sort of defense, and Viktor Fischer scored the third.

This win puts Twente back on to after their win at ADO Den Haag.

No red cards in this match which was a surprise given the dislike between the two teams.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
The full draw then for the Third Round of the FA Cup...

Crystal Palace v Stoke City

Brighton & Hove Albion v Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City

Wigan Athletic v AFC Bournemouth

Fulham v Blackpool

Aston Villa v Ipswich Town

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town

Barrow or Macclesfield Town v Cardiff City

Barnsley v Burnley

Manchester City v Watford

Swansea City v Arsenal

Leicester City v Burton Albion

Millwall v Preston North End

Cheltenham Town or Hereford United v Everton

Derby County v Tranmere Rovers

Crawley v Reading

Aldershot v Rotherham United or Notts County

Middlesbrough v Harrogate Town or Hastings United

Accrington Stanley or Oxford United v Sheffield United

Southampton v Chelsea

QPR v West Bromwich Albion

Peterborough United v Norwich City

Lincoln City or Mansfield Town v Liverpool

Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland

Nottingham Forest v Oldham Athletic

West Ham United v Manchester United

Hull City v Alfreton Town or Leyton Orient

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City

Leeds United v Birmingham City

Bury or Southend United v Bradford City or Brentford

Luton Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sheffield Wednesday v MK Dons​

In the first big shock of the Third Round, we've not been drawn against Wigan. We'll play the winners of the Alfreton/Orient match currently on the telly, Alfreton are currently a goal ahead which is most pleasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.