Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:40 AM   #601
RenoG
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodavoda View Post
Nice, but why only for non case iPhone?
exactly, my thoughts were concrete dock + iphone = marred/scratched

I like it though, but my eye is seriously on that SchutienWorks one...
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:11 PM   #602
King Julian
macrumors regular

Does anyone have any experience with a dock similar to this.

It claims the following;
  • Built in lightning to 30-pin adapter. you can use your 30-pin usb cable with this dock to charge or SYNC data.
    Unique Design for apple iPhone 5, small and light, easy to take away, Audio line out for you to connect the dock to speaker
    Elegant and compact designed white docking cradle, Perfect for your iPhone 5.
    you can connect the dock to your computer with the cable then place your iPhone 5 in the Dock to sync and charge the battery.
    Connect the dock to an electrical outlet using an Apple USB Power Adapter then place your iPhone 5 in the dock to charge the battery.

I couldn't imagine it would be much good for 11, but maybe worth a punt!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41IY-21FMLL._SL500_.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	392719   Click image for larger version

Name:	41Pkzk+b3tL.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	392720  
King Julian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:35 PM   #603
h00ligan
macrumors 68030

It's not. I have the heavier version without audio. Which actually works ok but doesn't inspire confidence. The connector is cheap and the dock is light.

I can't dock casually because I'm afraid any side to side action could split the crappy connector. Whereas the original apple dock was very easy. This is time consuming. Probably about the same as just plugging in

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359250428.570527.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	392757
h00ligan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:09 PM   #604
S.L.
macrumors regular

Got my Braeburn Acoustics dock the other day. Has some weight to it, but still requires two hands to comfortably undock your phone. Your lightning cable can be adjusted to fit most cases, have my Draco case and it docks perfectly on the Braeburn. Dock is sturdy and phone is very secure. Sure, the added security of a back support would be nice, but I'm glad I finally bought the Braeburn. Should have gotten it months ago, but better late than never.
S.L. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:38 PM   #605
pinsleric
macrumors member

Finally, something close to what I've been looking for!

It looks like Belkin updated their Lightning dock with a built-in connector!

It's $40 on Apple's site. I have no idea if it's in stores or not, but be careful. The one on Belkin's website is the older version that requires a Lightning cable.
pinsleric is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:51 PM   #606
vodavoda
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinsleric View Post

It's $40 on Apple's site. I have no idea if it's in stores or not, but be careful. The one on Belkin's website is the older version that requires a Lightning cable.
With that base for the 8pin, I believe many cases will not be compatible.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:46 PM   #607
pinsleric
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodavoda View Post
With that base for the 8pin, I believe many cases will not be compatible.
Based on this picture, it looks like a lot of cases would be compatible. But it makes me worry about stability...

pinsleric is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:06 AM   #608
King Julian
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by h00ligan View Post
It's not. I have the heavier version without audio. Which actually works ok but doesn't inspire confidence. The connector is cheap and the dock is light.

I can't dock casually because I'm afraid any side to side action could split the crappy connector. Whereas the original apple dock was very easy. This is time consuming. Probably about the same as just plugging in
Thanks, I am always a slightly dubious about a dock that appears to offer the "sun, moon and the stars" with non branded and probably untested connectors.
King Julian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:31 PM   #609
acousticbiker
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Just got this: very nice build quality (weight, balance, fit/finish, rubberized bottom and areas which might touch back of phone) BUT will only work with a naked iPhone or case that leaves the bottom exposed. I have a Power Support Air Jacket and it won't plug in enough to charge. My wife's Candy Shell was 't even close. Great dock but very limited compatibility.
acousticbiker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:45 PM   #610
BDoggPrelude
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
Just got this: very nice build quality (weight, balance, fit/finish, rubberized bottom and areas which might touch back of phone) BUT will only work with a naked iPhone or case that leaves the bottom exposed. I have a Power Support Air Jacket and it won't plug in enough to charge. My wife's Candy Shell was 't even close. Great dock but very limited compatibility.
That sucks. It even says on the website that it is "Compatible with most cases". If it's not even close to compatible with a Speck Candyshell it won't be compatible with most cases. The Candyshell is pretty average in terms of bulk if you ask me.
BDoggPrelude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 05:34 AM   #611
cambookpro
macrumors 68040

Anyone got The Lightning Dock? My birthday's in March so thinking of asking for a dock, but not sure which one! There still don't seem to be any reliable ones that just look like the old Apple docks.

Having said that, I like the idea of a metal one like TLD.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 03:08 PM   #612
acousticbiker
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggPrelude View Post
That sucks. It even says on the website that it is "Compatible with most cases". If it's not even close to compatible with a Speck Candyshell it won't be compatible with most cases. The Candyshell is pretty average in terms of bulk if you ask me.
I agree - I can't believe they didn't even allow for a 1 mm difference (thickness of my Air Jacket) for docking. Very disappointing, as the dock is otherwise top-notch
acousticbiker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 05:14 PM   #613
h00ligan
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Julian View Post
Thanks, I am always a slightly dubious about a dock that appears to offer the "sun, moon and the stars" with non branded and probably untested connectors.
Absolutely. No problem! Not a recommendable item for sure.
h00ligan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:31 AM   #614
MotherFinMike
macrumors regular

Quote:
Based on this picture, it looks like a lot of cases would be compatible. But it makes me worry about stability...

Maybe a piece of Velcro behind it would fine
MotherFinMike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:58 PM   #615
El Jefe
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
I got this in today. Exactly what I was looking for and I echo your comments. I have an Elago Outfit case on it while charging with zero issues. One note, you do need to supply the USB wall adapter dongle. Kinda sucks, but I had several extra.
El Jefe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 04:24 PM   #616
acousticbiker
macrumors 6502

Just got this today: http://www.usa.philips.com/c/audio-system/iphone-5-ipod-nano-7g-ipod-touch-5g-ds1155_37/prd/en/

Cool design, nice sound for size, solid build, but like the Belkin also only accepts cases that leave the bottom naked.
acousticbiker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:10 PM   #617
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by macloved View Post
There's a company that has specifically products for Apple iPad, iPhone etc. Their stands are integrated built in charger stands. http://cool-invent.com No cords or fumbling with cables. Sturdy granite base - won't tip over. I have one of these for each of my iPad/iPad mini and iPhone.
You do? At $189 for the iPad and $159 for the iPhone? You must work for them. If you're going to be pimping these all over the forums, you may want to mention their price.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:23 PM   #618
wxman2003
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
You do? At $189 for the iPad and $159 for the iPhone? You must work for them. If you're going to be pimping these all over the forums, you may want to mention their price.
Not only that, he may get banned for pimping his products. The vendor needs to read the rules. I reported him anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:32 PM   #619
Senseotech
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to Senseotech
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
Not only that, he may get banned for pimping his products. The vendor needs to read the rules. I reported him anyway.
Lol, within minutes of you saying this, he's updated his profile to mark himself as a vendor.
Senseotech is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:47 PM   #620
Katieg-fm
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macloved View Post
There's a company that has specifically products for Apple iPad, iPhone etc. Their stands are integrated built in charger stands. http://cool-invent.com No cords or fumbling with cables. Sturdy granite base - won't tip over. I have one of these for each of my iPad/iPad mini and iPhone.
$259 for the dual stand? Jeez, think u need to lower your price

Too bad, I been looking for something like that. But for about $80.....
Katieg-fm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:19 PM   #621
ToddJ
macrumors 6502

So has anyone found a white dock that is more similar to the ones Apple had for previous iPhones (ones that are just wide enough or the iPhone)
ToddJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:23 PM   #622
chrsb
macrumors member

I got this one from Rokform, the Rokdock. It adjust for different cases and has ports to amplify sound. I like it so far, I use their iPhone 5 case with bike mount and like everything is made in the USA.

http://www.rokform.com/cart/RokDock.html
chrsb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:32 PM   #623
goodgnus
macrumors member

Can anyone recommend a case that works with The Lightning Dock when using the dock's back support option? I'm especially looking for a case that covers the iPhone's front bottom edge and front top edge rather than leaving those exposed as many iPhone 5 cases seem to do.
goodgnus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:07 PM   #624
goodgnus
macrumors member

With the Kidigi dock... what keeps the lightning cable in place?
goodgnus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:21 PM   #625
wxman2003
macrumors 68000

Since my alarm clock finally died, decided to get the following dock. I use the clock.app for my alarms now. Works well. If you have a case, it will not work, unless you can remove the bottom.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/audio-s...155_37/prd/en/

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories