Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
I ordered on 12/29 and emailed them Monday and they said it will ship next Wednesday. Not real happy with their customer service.

Yea, so far very disappointed. The guy didn't even offer an apology or reason that they won't meet their stated shipping timeframe.

King Julian

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
Let me preface this by saying that I have purchased 6 different iPhone 5 docks so far looking for the right one. I just received this dock, and so far it's the best iPhone 5 dock I've seen. It works with my thin Sedio case

On the SchuttenWorks dock, I have recently received a case and it works perfectly within the dock on removal of the additional bar.

So I would say it will work with a number of different thin cases.

Attachments

• IMG_4715.jpg
    IMG_4715.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 91

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
I received this dock from eBay today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Deskt...659841?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2c6aefc681

First the good news. It was really cheap, and when I took the insert out my iPhone with a thin Seidio case fit perfectly. The Home button is completely unobstructed, and it's solid to use while in the dock.

It wasn't perfect, though. You need two hands to remove the phone for two reasons: 1) the plastic dock is very small and light, and 2) the tolerances of the built-in Lightning connector makes it a very tight fit. I was able to make it one-handed by using a large helping of QuakeHold, but it still doesn't release easily. I might try to sand down the connector to see if that helps.

Still torn between this dock and the "Schuttenworks" Acoustic Dock. I need two anyway so right now I'll use one of each until I find something better. This cheap Chinese one would be perfect for my needs if it just was a little easier to remove my phone from it.

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
Is there a separate thread, or perhaps a need for one, for iPhone 5 speaker docks? I was ready to buy the JBL tonight, but from reviews, I don't think it would work with most cases (like the Cleave, for example). Then I thought, I could buy the 30 pin to lightning adapter cable for $39 and just use my old Philips 30 pin speaker dock, but before I make a final decision, I'd like to get some input.

fljoemon

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
Kidigi Dock

Received the KIDIGI Dock today and it seems to be very well built, very solid and good looking dock. The Lightining Cable slides in effortlessly into the dock hole and iPhone5 sits very securely on the dock.

I would like to have a clock display when on the dock. However the screens blanks out after some time. How do I prevent the screen from blanking out when the phone is on the dock? Is it through the settings for the app, or it is some General Setting?

I have corporate email on my phone, so going through Settings -> General -> Auto Lock , I do not have the "Never" option. So wondering if there is any other option.

Thanks for your inputs!

Last edited:

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Received the KIDIGI Dock today and it seems to be very well built, very solid and good looking dock. The Lightining Cable slides in effortlessly into the dock hole and iPhone5 sits very securely on the dock.

I would like to have a clock display when on the dock. However the screens blanks out after some time. How do I prevent the screen from blanking out when the phone is on the dock? Is it through the settings for the app, or it is some General Setting?

I have corporate email on my phone, so going through Settings -> General -> Auto Lock , I do not have the "Never" option. So wondering if there is any other option.

Thanks for your inputs!

Does your cord slide when you undock your phone?

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
No .. it does not .. stays put in the same position. I am really liking this dock.

That's weird. Mine slides up when I pull up the phone to undock. However I taped the cord down behind the dock to keep the cord from moving. So far been working pretty well.

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting a dock for my iPhone 5... Although there are some important details that I have to mention:

- I use a speck candyshell on my iPhone, which means that the dock has to be usable with the iPhone in its case!

- I leave in Portugal, so when buying it it has to be on a website that ships to Europe.

- I don't want anything enormous but it has to look good, apple style or something that looks like metal or wood eheh!

- of course, it has to charge my iPhone while on it...

Any suggestions?

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009

Thanks for your inputs!

Check the App Store for Awesome Clock. It has an option to stay on only while charging.

Last edited:

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
I received this dock from eBay today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Deskt...659841?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2c6aefc681

First the good news. It was really cheap, and when I took the insert out my iPhone with a thin Seidio case fit perfectly. The Home button is completely unobstructed, and it's solid to use while in the dock.

It wasn't perfect, though. You need two hands to remove the phone for two reasons: 1) the plastic dock is very small and light, and 2) the tolerances of the built-in Lightning connector makes it a very tight fit. I was able to make it one-handed by using a large helping of QuakeHold, but it still doesn't release easily. I might try to sand down the connector to see if that helps.

Still torn between this dock and the "Schuttenworks" Acoustic Dock. I need two anyway so right now I'll use one of each until I find something better. This cheap Chinese one would be perfect for my needs if it just was a little easier to remove my phone from it.

Update on the cheap dock from EBay: after working perfectly for a while, I am now getting the dreaded "charging is not supported by this accessory" error message. This dock uses a built-in connector, and you plug the lightning cable in the back. I'll play with it to see if I can fix it, but I want a dock that just works, so it may be back to the SchuttenWorks dock which uses your own Apple Lightning cable.

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting a dock for my iPhone 5... Although there are some important details that I have to mention:

- I use a speck candyshell on my iPhone, which means that the dock has to be usable with the iPhone in its case!

- I leave in Portugal, so when buying it it has to be on a website that ships to Europe.

- I don't want anything enormous but it has to look good, apple style or something that looks like metal or wood eheh!

- of course, it has to charge my iPhone while on it...

Any suggestions?

Anyone?

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
Well, it has now been 13 business days since I ordered my Lightning Dock and no shipping notice, when the site stated 5-7 business days. Last friday I emailed them to ask why I had not received a shipping notice yet as that was 7 business days since my order. He said very plainly "it will ship by next friday". No apology, no explanation, nothing but that statement. Nobody is forcing them to advertise their shipping times, they decide that and control it.

Well, here I sit that next friday and still no shipping notice.... fail

King Julian

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
Would it work with a speck candyshell on the iPhone 5?

In looking at that case it may. it works with my itSkins Ink case as below

I would recommend you contact "schuttenWorks" he can verify if it fits or not.

Attachments

• IMG_4715.jpg
    IMG_4715.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,827
  • IMG_4710.jpg
    IMG_4710.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 71

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
In the product descpription it does say it works with the speck candyshell... But by the pics I find it hard to believe..

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
KiDiGi Dock...

Got the white KiDiGi dock in today and set it up. I did not realize it would have some weight to it. I really expected it to be a light plastic dock and was pleasantly surprised by the heft. It's not quite heavy enough for one-hand removal, but it's still got a nice weight to it. After adjusting the cable and the back to my case, it works rather well. Nothing spectacular, but for the price and the flexibility to work well with multiple case sizes, it's a good deal!

dokindo

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2009
Anyone see the clear plastic "dock" that is used for the iPhone 5 display at the apple store? This would work well in my car, but I haven't seen anything similar for sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.