Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
I just picked up my new iP5 and iPad4 at the apple store today and got the helium, its going right back. The buttons are impossible to access and if I am going to live with a bit of bulk I might as well live with the full sized air version.

What kills me is these are not available anywhere other than Mophie's site. Seems they are filling their orders and letting the Helium sell through at retail which to me is a crime. Its worth the extra $20 to get the better of the two cases.

Some Best Buy stores are receiving the Juice Pack Air.

Call or go into the store and ask for the SKU: 6983347

It should retail for $99.99 but some BBY's are selling them for $104.99. Just price match it by showing them the price on Mophie's main website.

AndroidBlows

Suspended
Oct 29, 2012
So long. How do you guys deal with the extra length.

You just come to terms with the fact it's only a temporary and not an everyday case. Yes, it's freakish long but either you accept it and use it or return it. I think the length problem is with all of the battery cases so its not isolated to Mophie.

I'm finding you have to use 2 hands often. 1 handed works but typing is crappy (typing on iPhones sucks as it is for me anyway).

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
Some Best Buy stores are receiving the Juice Pack Air.

Call or go into the store and ask for the SKU: 6983347

It should retail for $99.99 but some BBY's are selling them for $104.99. Just price match it by showing them the price on Mophie's main website.

Thanks for the info and the sku to look up. My local BB's didn't have them on the shelf when I was there yesterday. I will use the sku to search though.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
So long. How do you guys deal with the extra length.

It's not Mophies problem. Apple chose to stretch the phone out & keep it narrow. That's why the phone by itself is odd looking.

Mophie's actually done a good job of keeping the length to a minimum. There has got to be room for the internal lightning connector. Besides if Apple wasn't so vain, they would have made it slightly thicker and given it a proper battery.

Because Apple cares about looks over function it adds an additional $100 to the price of the phone for us to fix it. I use mine, not just admire it.

My Galaxy Note II has no problem, the battery never needs to be charged during the work day. It's no wonder Apple is slowly declining in the eyes of many people.

I really miss the Apple of the past. Where quality & performance were more than just marketing hype. I could always count on them & suggest their products without a second thought.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Not new. The second is the Apple version.

That's wrong. There are only two models for iPhone 5

Juice Pack Helium $79.99 msrp
Juice Pack Air $99.99

Both are officially approved by Apple.

----------

Since the glass back apple does not sell any case that slides in. So Mophie has to make a version that snaps in.

Wrong again. Please reframe from guessing & making up stories.

There's two because Mophie give users two battery capacities at two price points. Both fit the same.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013

Juice Pack Air $99.99

That's wrong. Next time please grow a brain and read what's going on in this thread first before making a post.

Mophie has created TWO versions of the HELIUM.

One that's sold at Apple and another one that can be found at Best Buy and possibly their own website.

The Apple version of the Helium requires you to snap in the iPhone to the upper part of the case.

The version that's sold at Best Buy requires the user to slide their iPhone into the upper part of the case.

That's two totally different designs.

Here's a post that's found in this thread that shows the two different versions of the HELIUM. Everyone knows that there's a Juice Pack Air but what we're talking about is the two version that Mophie has created for the Helium:

Regular Mophie Helium vs Apple Version of Helium - My comparison

So a couple days ago I received my Mophie Helium from Apple.com. I didn't know Apple had Mophie design a special "snap" version of the case for their online and retail stores. I was confused and posted in another thread why mine was different from all of your Helium's and I thank you all for your answers.

Overall, I hated the Apple version and went to Best Buy and bought the regular version. The regular version is by far the better one and I do not recommend anyone to by the apple version. The regular version's bottom audibly and very securely clicks with the top portion. The apple version just has a very small, soft click. It does not take any force to remove the bottom version. This might be due to the fact the iPhone is secure with the top piece anyway, since it "snaps" into the top piece securely without the bottom piece.

The worst part is inserting and removing the phone into the Apple version. You remove the phone from the case by pushing the camera lens and part of the bottom of the phone. . It takes a LOT of force to get it out (the case does not flex in any way). It actually scratched the non-button side of the phone (the side you struggle to "snap" in and "snap" out of the case.

Just throwing this out there. Yeah the Helium is slippery to hold, yeah the headphone jack is recessed, but overall it is decent if you have the need for it. Just avoid the Apple Store version of it.

In my pictures the regular version is on the left, and the Apple version is on the right. View attachment 399146
View attachment 399147

Here's the pictures if you can't view them in that post:

0zQbK3O.jpg

QbCWtvQ.jpg

Last edited:

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007

Juice Pack Air $99.99

----------

Wrong again. Please reframe from guessing & making up stories.

There's two because Mophie give users two battery capacities at two price points. Both fit the same.

Nope your wrong. Go to best buy and then apple. Purchase one of each. You will realize the difference.

----------

Thanks HiRisk

----------

oh....and find a case at Apple that allows you to slide the phone into.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Nope your wrong. Go to best buy and then apple. Purchase one of each. You will realize the difference.

----------

Thanks HiRisk

----------

oh....and find a case at Apple that allows you to slide the phone into.

I can only comment based on my experience with the three Mophies I bought. I've researched this carefully. Why? Because I bought my first Helium from Apple since they got theirs before best buy.

The one I bought literally was the first shipment my Apple store received. It was loose, unlike prior years models that fit properly. Went back to Apple the day after. They exchanged it for another. It fit correctly but looked different just like the pictures above. Since I was still in the store, they compared the item numbers & package. Both were the same.

Two days later my wife wanted one. I called Apple & they were out. Went to Best Buy & got the last one they had. It's the same as mine. Fits great. That's my experience.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
I can only comment based on my experience with the three Mophies I bought. I've researched this carefully. Why? Because I bought my first Helium from Apple since they got theirs before best buy.

The one I bought literally was the first shipment my Apple store received. It was loose, unlike prior years models that fit properly. Went back to Apple the day after. They exchanged it for another. It fit correctly but looked different just like the pictures above. Since I was still in the store, they compared the item numbers & package. Both were the same.

Two days later my wife wanted one. I called Apple & they were out. Went to Best Buy & got the last one they had. It's the same as mine. Fits great. That's my experience.

So you're completely denying the fact that you didn't know about the two versions Mophie created for the Helium case huh? Yeah I get it now. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.