Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Mine said the same thing because she was looking at the current (or past, whatever you want to call it) bill. I then mentioned that it would be incurred on the next bill, so the CSR was able to find it in a queue of some sort and said that the fee will still apply but the credit will go right alongside it. So it's worth a shot to mention that it may be pending or in the future queue since it won't be on your current bill.

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
I finally got mine waived as well. The fourth chat session was the charm. She also notated my account to waive all future upgrade fees for being such a long time customer.

Laguna Seca

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
My FAN account does not waive upgrade fee only activation fee but I was still able to get it waived:)

Did you use the chat at att.com or the Premier store? My FAN account also doesn't allow upgrade fees to be waived but want to try anyway.

barnyard

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
after a fair amount of begging, I just got my second fee reversed too.

Happy to upgrade and not pay pure profit fees.

Barbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2008
I have never paid one of these fees. Just keep calling until you get someone that will reverse it.

Barbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2008
I have struck out twice so far today. Very frustrating but I won't give up until I get the right CSR.

Having to listen to there bogus argument why it is a legit fee is the most annoying part of it all.

akonikui

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Just got mine waived. I got lucky with the first CS rep. First, I asked if I would be charged an activation fee. Then I politely asked to have it waived.
The CS rep put in an "advance credit" for $40 to cancel out the $40 activation fee that will appear on the bill.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
I have struck out twice so far today. Very frustrating but I won't give up until I get the right CSR.

Having to listen to there bogus argument why it is a legit fee is the most annoying part of it all.

Don't give up.. That's what they are counting on!

Goaliegeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
Colorado
I chatted with ATT online and they said my FAN discount doesn't waive the $40 upgrade fee, BUT since I am such a loyal customer they waived it for me. I gave the chat lady a gold star and a party hat emoji. yay

aquababie

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
I'm checking to see if I can get my waived right now.

Done! Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited:

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
I tried the chat today to get both mine and my fiancé's upgrade fees waived. At first she wasn't budging on waiving any fees, but was finally able to get one of them waived.

I'll try again another day, in hopes of getting the other one waived.

karmatourer

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
In my house
No go on chat yesterday but after 40 minutes tonight,success! So that works out to a dollar a minute. :D
(My FAN didn't include it-go figure-some don't). I didn't even mention FAN this evening.

Barbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2008
Don't give up.. That's what they are counting on!

Tried again today. Talked to 3 more CSR's. Had one waive one of the 3 $40 fees. Had another waive $20. And struck out completely with the other CSR. So far 5 CSR's talked to and have had $60 out of the $120 waived.

This time around is proving to be much more difficult than years past. Years past it would take 2-3 CSR's before I'd find someone that would wave ALL three fees. oh well. I will not let AT&T win this battle! They already look to have screwed me on my iPhone 6 +.

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
did you guys with multiple upgrades get the fees waived one at a time or all at once? Having no luck so far with 2 lines - they will not budge at all claiming there is a strict policy on not allowing to get the upgrade fee waives for the iphone 6.

Last edited:

mikeb13

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
AT&T Upgrade Fee Waived (FAN)

It took 2 attempts but I was finally able to get the upgrade fee waived. My FAN does not waive it but I had a very nice CSR (Jonathan) who took care of it.

Last edited:

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Got my bill and chatted with ATT.

It took a long while and a "heated" conversation asking what my "upgrade" would be with my ATT service...long story short I got the 1-time courtesy waiver of $42.40.

that's better.

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
I got it waived with the first csr. She tried to not waive it but accepted my offer; If she waive the fee, I will not contact csr again today, lol. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.