Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
Does Power Support not make back protectors any more? I don't want the back scratched by my case. They only list the front screen protector on the website for the 6 and I believe that's all they sold for the 5s.

They only sold them for the Back of iPhone 4 models since it use the same exact glass on the back as the glass on the front.

Other iphones do not have glass on the back like the iP4 did so these products are not able to stick on plastic, aluminum etc.

So no they only sell "screen" protectors for the front and thats all.

----------

FYI

If Ordering From Power Support!!!

I added the crystal screen protectors to may cart then did a google search for coupon code.

10% off = IPHONEDO

Works on these pre-orders

Hope I saved you guys a couple bucks! :)

scubacat

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
They only sold them for the Back of iPhone 4 models since it use the same exact glass on the back as the glass on the front.

Other iphones do not have glass on the back like the iP4 did so these products are not able to stick on plastic, aluminum etc.

So no they only sell "screen" protectors for the front and thats all.

----------

FYI

If Ordering From Power Support!!!

I added the crystal screen protectors to may cart then did a google search for coupon code.

10% off = IPHONEDO

Works on these pre-orders

Hope I saved you guys a couple bucks! :)

Good to know. I have an iPhone 4s now and have a screen and back protector from Power Support. It sounds like I probably don't need anything for the back

rgusa8

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2013
Got the Zagg Glass for regular 6, doesn't quite cover the edges of the screen width wise. Going back. Will just get an otterbox defender for the time being. Disappointing

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Got the Zagg Glass for regular 6, doesn't quite cover the edges of the screen width wise. Going back. Will just get an otterbox defender for the time being. Disappointing
I'm going to return my as well due to it not sticking around most of the edges. Going to go with a wet protector instead.

jkskrap

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Beautiful SW Florida
ZAGG Invisible Shield Glass 6+

ZAGG Invisible Shield Glass on 6+

Barely - and I mean barely - fits the width of the screen. Otherwise OK, unless you don't like the front camera covered. I don't mind that. I do wish it was just a tad wider, though.

Ramon1990

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014

[url=http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520/jkskrap/Crown%20Princess%20Feb%202014/image_zpsf31f117d.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520/jkskrap/Crown%20Princess%20Feb%202014/image_zpsfac3a20d.jpg]Image[/URL]

Barely - and I mean barely - fits the width of the screen. Otherwise OK, unless you don't like the front camera covered. I don't mind that. I do wish it was just a tad wider, though.
I bought the same one today for £25 (that's $40!) and same size issue. I guess they got the measurement wrong or perhaps being proactive so edges won't peel away...

pazz

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
London, England
To be fair these SGP Crystal protectors only cost me £6 for 3x so yes they aren't a perfect fit but for the money I'm not complaining.

They will do for now until a better solution has been released.

GalaDaliGirl

Suspended
Sep 19, 2014
Just put on a PS AG on my iPhone 6.

Not too happy with the edges. Definitely missing 3mm off the sides. Need more coverage. It's obvious these were not cut right. Ugh. So sad.

Love PowerSupport but this first batch from the Soho store is botched. No Bueno.

SAMCROforever

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I received a bunch of Xtreme Guard protectors the other day, anyone have any luck with them? I'm considering no screen protector but I'm so paranoid lol

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
I received my Spigen Crystal screen protectors and they have the cutout for the camera. However, I don't have my 6 Plus yet to test the fit for the length and width.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Anyone get this Halo screen protector from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MRJV8OO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It kinda sucks. It's not as wide as I'm used to, since I suppose it's designed to just cover the screen portion. So, basically, if you don't have it perfectly aligned, you can see a portion of the screen uncovered with a weird line. Mine is about 1mm off and it's bugging me because I see it every time I look at the screen. Are all the SPs like this now? My previous ones always covered the entire front and all you had to do was make sure the holes lined up; a portion of the screen was never unprotected.

jkskrap

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Beautiful SW Florida
I bought the same one today for £25 (that's $40!) and same size issue. I guess they got the measurement wrong or perhaps being proactive so edges won't peel away...

Yeah. Not sure. I'm gonna keep it on and see if they eventually come out with one a bit wider. ZAGG gives a lifetime guarantee, so . . .

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I received a bunch of Xtreme Guard protectors the other day, anyone have any luck with them? I'm considering no screen protector but I'm so paranoid lol
I have only used them on the back on my iPad 3 and Air and I think they are good. Now I do use a case but the install is very simple and it stops any debris that is on the back from scratching the iPad. I have a few for the front and back on the way and will be using them over the Zagg Glass due to the fit issue.

Dick Whitman

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
people still use these? what's the point? the glass is already very strong. went naked with my 5 and 5s and never a scratch. the guy at best buy said my 5s looked brand new.

:cool:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010

[url=http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520/jkskrap/Crown%20Princess%20Feb%202014/image_zpsf31f117d.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520/jkskrap/Crown%20Princess%20Feb%202014/image_zpsfac3a20d.jpg]Image[/URL]

Just put on a PS AG on my iPhone 6.

Not too happy with the edges. Definitely missing 3mm off the sides. Need more coverage. It's obvious these were not cut right. Ugh. So sad.

Love PowerSupport but this first batch from the Soho store is botched. No Bueno.

With the curved screen though they are ALL purposely made this way aren't they? I doubt they'll correct them this is how they were made most likely. The Zagg actually doesn't look too bad it at least covers the whole screen.

I'm still undecided on which to get. Does the glass Zagg feel like it gets in the way when swiping from the edges inward?

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
We need a spray on protector! Too bad the rub on sapphire film did not get good reviews.

Until someone comes out with a preformed protector, I am going naked. At least until I can't take it any more.

I do not like the look (and I am sure I would not like the feel) of the SPs not covering the glass edges.

My opinion, anyway.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
With the curved screen though they are ALL purposely made this way aren't they? I doubt they'll correct them this is how they were made most likely. The Zagg actually doesn't look too bad it at least covers the whole screen.

I'm still undecided on which to get. Does the glass Zagg feel like it gets in the way when swiping from the edges inward?
Any dry protector, glass or not, has to be cut this way or else the edges won't stick. It honestly doesn't both me. With the Zagg Glass I have it appears to be cut out properly but the bottom and some of the lower sides aren't staying down. I was dead on with the sides but was too low by probably a half a mm.

The problem with getting these installed properly is that the "U" shape cutouts aren't tight enough to know if you went too far and hit the curve of the glass until it's too late. The companies should try and fix that or even provide an install pattern for alignment on the 2nd film you take off after you are finished to help the user along.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
I purchased the iCarez from Amazon, 3 for like $5; I installed one on my husband's plus - it was very easy and is nice quality. Two thumbs up.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Here is the Extremeguard. I didn't bother applying it, but the photos will give you an idea.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_2271.JPG
    IMG_2271.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_2273.JPG
    IMG_2273.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 255

Eeko

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010

Looks like it's coming up in the corners. I got the same one and it's too tall :(

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
from all the photos and reviews here, it looks like I won't be buying any hard or glass screen protectors for my iPhone 6+. Now hopefully anyone can post a nice wet screen protectors here so I can decide which one to get soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.