Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ylerT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Las Vegas
I've tried researching a little with no luck. Has anyone been able to successfully use Furious Mod for a Gevey with iOS 5? My assumption is that it just hasn't been updated yet for iOS 5. However, if I'm wrong, I'd like to know how to get it working.

Just to be clear, this isn't for me. I have several customers who'd like to update to iOS 5 and continue using their Gevey without doing the 112 process every time they reboot. Thanks in advance!

secretanchitman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
doesnt work. had two jailbroken iphone 4's on 04.10.08 using gevey and had no luck using furiousmod. the manual method works 100% for me though. i used pwnage tool to preserve the baseband and update to 5.0.1.

hope that helps!

APtalent

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Furiousmod does not work on iOS5 even if you upgrade to a custom IPSW 5.0.1 using your saved iOS 4.X.X shsh blobs.

mcbaron15

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
in addition, newbie with 1st post. What in that link?:rolleyes:

You can download it and unpack it yourself and you'll see its just the furious mod deb from the repository with all references to commcenter changed to commcenterclassic, like it should be in iOS 5.

gerabbi

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2009
You can download it and unpack it yourself and you'll see its just the furious mod deb from the repository with all references to commcenter changed to commcenterclassic, like it should be in iOS 5.

How do you install a deb file on an iDevice?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
at your own risk to test a deb like this.

You can purchase iFile on cydia, it can install deb files.

Also you can ssh into your phone

go to var/root/media

add folder Cydia
In that new folder ad folder AutoInstall

put deb file in the AutoInstall folder and restart phone

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006

Thanks mcbaron15. Were you able to test it yet? Does this indeed work?

iPhoneRepo

macrumors newbie
Fixed!!!

I believe I have fixed furoiusmod for ios5, my gevey is coming in the mail so i can't test it, heres a link to the deb. Please try it and let me know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nwznig3588wsm6l

Att iphone 4g here on jailbroken 5.0.1 using gevey. 4.10.01... furious never worked for me on 4.x or 5.x UNTIL NOW!!!!!!!! GET THIS OUT THERE! you are good at what you do. im tired of that *112 process. it's annoying. i rebooted and it said sim card not installed and then searching then no service then searching then it showed 1 signal bar and that's when i knew, there can only be one fully functional furiousmod!:):apple::):apple::):apple::cool::cool::cool:

popped my comment cherry too haha now all i want is a server host for Spire

OneMore

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2011
Does it make sense with my combination (MC610LL+8J2+04.10.01)?

Hi ppl, I'd like to give this fmod a try too, but not sure if I am at right starting position, can someone advise?

Here is an AT&T US iPhone, simlocked, no jailbreak, clean, no contract, not stolen.
- "Modem Firmware" in "About" screen reads "04.10.01",
- "Version" is "4.3.3"
I run TinyUnbrella on it, got SHSH saved as 5.0.1 and 5.1b1, (btw, why not 4.3.3, or it's normal???)
BasebandBootloaderVersion = ICE_2_13 (reported by TinyUmbrella - for case it make sense for anyone).
Just jailbroke it successfully via jailbreakme.com, installed cydia, and plan to get Gevey sim for it.

But I'm slightly confused:
Seems, baseband is the key, but I do I really have 04.10.01 BB?
And which upgrade path can preserve it, and does it make sense to do so?
And will Gevey work for me if I upgrade to 5.0.1 and jailbreak again?
And if yes, which Gevey version works with iOS 5.x in US?
Or it's better to stay away from 5.x with my comination?

The ultimate purpose is to use this phone as pay-go-phone with TMobile in US, or in the worst case I switch to ATT prepaid voice-only if they let me, I don't need any mobile data services anyway.
Can someone kick me to right direction?

money40

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
joined just to thank you

I believe I have fixed furoiusmod for ios5, my gevey is coming in the mail so i can't test it, heres a link to the deb. Please try it and let me know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nwznig3588wsm6l

NEW to MacRumors but i had to join becasue your deb file worked and was a life saver, i never ssh'ed into my iphone before but after looking up how to videos and figuring out how to install the deb file it worked.

Thank you mcbaron15

also thanks to TriJetHero for your info on how to install!!

fullmanfullninj

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2009
NEW to MacRumors but i had to join becasue your deb file worked and was a life saver, i never ssh'ed into my iphone before but after looking up how to videos and figuring out how to install the deb file it worked.

Thank you mcbaron15

also thanks to TriJetHero for your info on how to install!!

Att iphone 4g here on jailbroken 5.0.1 using gevey. 4.10.01... furious never worked for me on 4.x or 5.x UNTIL NOW!!!!!!!! GET THIS OUT THERE! you are good at what you do. im tired of that *112 process. it's annoying. i rebooted and it said sim card not installed and then searching then no service then searching then it showed 1 signal bar and that's when i knew, there can only be one fully functional furiousmod!:):apple::):apple::):apple::cool::cool::cool:

popped my comment cherry too haha now all i want is a server host for Spire

No offense to you two and mcbaron15, but it still seems kind of fishy. I'm no master of iPhone files, but if there were actually a fix as simple as that, it would be all over the internet. If y'all are legit and this worked, congrats. Hopefully more people will realize it works. But an unknown file that is supposedly a "fix" that no one really knows about seems sketchy nonetheless.

Carlito83

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
There's a lot of people doubting the modified file posted by mcbaron15. I tested it and it works. I decided to post a video with proof the file posted above. Hopefully with this video the file will get out there. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/kIGVA23u3MY

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
No offense to newbies, especially the ones in these thread. They might are the same person trying to let us get his virus onto our machine. Look at the profile, all 1st post. :D

Thanks but no thanks!

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Why is it just newbies that just registered trying it?
I guess none of the vets have the guts to go for it:)

I was thinking the same thing! Maybe because only newbs will another newbs file. Seems like allot of newbs coming here telling us how great it is. Send this to musclenerd then we will talk.

iPhoneRepo

macrumors newbie
Geezuz h Christ

I was thinking the same thing! Maybe because only newbs will another newbs file. Seems like allot of newbs coming here telling us how great it is. Send this to musclenerd then we will talk.

I'm a noob because I never had to post anything until now. I was the first ginuea pig here and I haven't gotten any thanks. It is what it is a working fix for furious mod. I've been modding iPhones jailbreaking and unlocking since 07 eh I launched the iPhone with AT&T shortly after they bought out Cingular wireless. I'm not a dev just a highly expiranced modded and jailbreaker. Look around for geveys on ios5 maybe theres not a boat load of them due to noobs not preserving their baseband which is key. I've used snowbreeze up until 5.0.1 and I'm using gevey ultra. On tmobile. What's cool is where I live I can select AT&T as a network too. But I only roam an halve Internet on one side of my town. Anyways I'll post a video!!!!

----------

Hi ppl, I'd like to give this fmod a try too, but not sure if I am at right starting position, can someone advise?

Here is an AT&T US iPhone, simlocked, no jailbreak, clean, no contract, not stolen.
- "Modem Firmware" in "About" screen reads "04.10.01",
- "Version" is "4.3.3"
I run TinyUnbrella on it, got SHSH saved as 5.0.1 and 5.1b1, (btw, why not 4.3.3, or it's normal???)
BasebandBootloaderVersion = ICE_2_13 (reported by TinyUmbrella - for case it make sense for anyone).
Just jailbroke it successfully via jailbreakme.com, installed cydia, and plan to get Gevey sim for it.

But I'm slightly confused:
Seems, baseband is the key, but I do I really have 04.10.01 BB?
And which upgrade path can preserve it, and does it make sense to do so?
And will Gevey work for me if I upgrade to 5.0.1 and jailbreak again?
And if yes, which Gevey version works with iOS 5.x in US?
Or it's better to stay away from 5.x with my comination?

The ultimate purpose is to use this phone as pay-go-phone with TMobile in US, or in the worst case I switch to ATT prepaid voice-only if they let me, I don't need any mobile data services anyway.
Can someone kick me to right direction?

Just preserve the baseband by cooking firmware and never use stock firmware to update in iTunes.
Gevey will work on ios5 on tmo I know. However with that being said the setback is you will not have 3G. Just edge. Make sure when using gevey your data roaming is set to on and your 3G is off.

I used gevey on 4.3.3 4.3.4 4.3.5 5.0 5.0.1 with bb4.10.01

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I'm a noob because I never had to post anything until now. I was the first ginuea pig here and I haven't gotten any thanks. It is what it is a working fix for furious mod. I've been modding iPhones jailbreaking and unlocking since 07 eh I launched the iPhone with AT&T shortly after they bought out Cingular wireless. I'm not a dev just a highly expiranced modded and jailbreaker. Look around for geveys on ios5 maybe theres not a boat load of them due to noobs not preserving their baseband which is key. I've used snowbreeze up until 5.0.1 and I'm using gevey ultra. On tmobile. What's cool is where I live I can select AT&T as a network too. But I only roam an halve Internet on one side of my town. Anyways I'll post a video!!!![COLOR="

I will just say that in the past we have had nebs come here and post links to virus or malicious file. If you have don't this then you should share it with somebody like musclenerd who can confirm it and get the word out as well. That is the best wah to share with the jailbreak community.

iPhoneRepo

macrumors newbie
GEVEY ULTRA on ATT JAILBROKE IPHONE 4 ON 5.0.1 W/ PRESERVED BASEBAND 4.10.01 ON T-MO

Why is it just newbies that just registered trying it?
I guess none of the vets have the guts to go for it:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3vJCKH2Q3U HERE'S YOUR VIDEO

NOTE: I POPPED THE SIM OUT IN THE DEMO AND IT DIDN'T CONNECT BACK TO THE NETWORK. SO I REBOOTED AND WHALA! SO MAYBE THIS MOD IS INEFFECTIVE WITHOUT A REBOOT IF SIM IS REMOVED.

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
There's a lot of people doubting the modified file posted by mcbaron15. I tested it and it works. I decided to post a video with proof the file posted above. Hopefully with this video the file will get out there. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/kIGVA23u3MY

Gotta say, Guillermo's video looks pretty real. Has anyone else tried this yet?

Unfortunately for us all the problem is that even if this does indeed work, there is no saying whether there is or isn't malware included along with the fix.
For all we know it could steal our data/contacts/email without us even knowing.

applejuice123

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
Gotta say, Guillermo's video looks pretty real. Has anyone else tried this yet?

Unfortunately for us all the problem is that even if this does indeed work, there is no saying whether there is or isn't malware included along with the fix.
For all we know it could steal our data/contacts/email without us even knowing.

same reason here.. I will wait until some "hacker with a name" tests it and says that it´s ok and free of malware etc. Searched the web for furiousMod a few minutes ago, and guess what i found :

http://www.myrepospace.com/profile/GeveyUltraFuriousmod/146495/FuriousMod_iOS5_beta_by_xxoom

seems that a few people worked on that fix (not me, i registred because i want to know whats going on with the fix :D )

let´s wait and see if it get´s rubber stamped by muscle nerd or some other well known hackers..

edit : Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 didn´t found anything in the file posted..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.