Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applejuice123

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
Seriously. Plus, the above poster chose a name of Applejuice123 instead of Applejuiced? Very fishy indeed. This is looking more and more like a malicious file by the second.

seriously, i never said that it is working.. and i have nothing to do with the user Applejuiced.. I am from germany and i use the nickname applejuice also in german boards, but the translated version (=apfelsaft).. I registred here because i want to know what going on with the fix, because i´d like to use it too on my gevey ultra..

just to make that clear :p

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
I see 4 people have downloaded it from the Cydia repository.
Lets have some feedback folks! :D

thewatcher07

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
Alright. I tested it.

It works.

Let me break this down. I have nothing to do with the iphone community and dont really give a **** about recognition. I've made this account 130923 years ago and only posted once.

Below is the info and process:

Iphone 4 White AT&T
Gevey Ultra Sim
O2 UK contract micro sim.

I copped the white iphone 4 when I was in NY and have been forced to use Gevey since the get-go (due to my bb version). I got my Gevey off of ebay, paid the full price and made sure it had the marks of a genuine Gevey sim. I didn't have 5.0/5.0.1 at first so I installed the original FuriousMod which installed and ran flawlessly.

I preserved my base-band and updated to 5.0 on release. I installed FuriousMod via Cydia and was faced with installation errors (subprocess etc.) so I was stuck with the manual Gevey method. When updating to an untethered 5.0.1 recently (I skipped the tethered BS) I decided to do some more research on the status of FuriousMod on 5.0 and above and ran across this post (regardless, i check modmyi's homepage on a daily basis).

I saw the link to the deb file but thought i would chill with it until it is at least in a repo, so after someone posted the myrepospace link (thank you btw) I thought i would go for it. I installed the repo and had no problems. I attempted to install the the 5.0 beta for furious mod but was faced with installation errors (this is the point where I said "FTW! these mother****ers just stole all my ****"), however the error was linked to me having the 5.0 caller id-fix installed. After uninstalling the 5.0 caller id fix package i attempted to reinstall the package...this time the installation went successfully.

I was still skeptical and restarted my phone, it restarted fine, gave me a "lock info" message stating i would have to go the settings and did NOTHING more. The network remained on "Searching..." and nothing changed (this was the point where I said "FTW! now these mother****ers REALLY stole my ****").

I logged into my account and started drafting this post and decided to restart my phone one last time, and to my surprise (and apparently 98% of the people on here) the **** turned on said "No Service" (instantly, normally it takes 6-15 seconds) then about 20 seconds later a message popped up saying i have no sim card installed, once i dismissed the message I have network as normal.

Now I have no idea if any of my data was stolen, modified or coruppted but i can CONFIRM that this works 100%, at least on my ****.

The only strange thing i noticed is that my lockinfo no longer loads up on boot, instead i have to go to the "settings" first...strange. I will reinstall it and let cats know. Also, for those looking to use data, you will have to re-enable data roaming on every boot to use data.

Hope this helps, I barely post in forums like this but I figured ive been eating all this time it is a out time i give back a little.

Also, if you appreciate this listen to my boys music on soundcloud.com/laststandingpoet haha
enjoy and hit me up with any qs

***THIS WAS POSTED ON MODMYI, replying to pretty much the same exact thread.***

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Sounds like its legit to me.
I doubt all these people would be making it up and not even one would come out and say that it didnt work.
But again you dont know exactly what else might be included inside that patch, and I think that's what most are worried about.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Sounds like its legit to me.
I doubt all these people would be making it up and not even one would come out and say that it didnt work.
But again you dont know exactly what else might be included inside that patch, and I think that's what most are worried about.

Agreed I'm also concerned about somebody updating to 5.0 or 5.0.1 and loosing there ability to unlock.. I don't have gevey so I can't test it. Even if I wanted to.

thewatcher07

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
Agreed I'm also concerned about somebody updating to 5.0 or 5.0.1 and loosing there ability to unlock.. I don't have gevey so I can't test it. Even if I wanted to.

FuriousMod has nothing to do with that. As long as you preserve your baseband to a supported Gevey bb, the manual method will ALWAYS work (unless you have a counterfeit Gevey).

Either way, this furious joint has been working for a few hours and a couple of restarts so I'm cool.

still waiting on that ultrasnow though.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
FuriousMod has nothing to do with that. As long as you preserve your baseband to a supported Gevey bb, the manual method will ALWAYS work (unless you have a counterfeit Gevey).

Either way, this furious joint has been working for a few hours and a couple of restarts so I'm cool.

still waiting on that ultrasnow though.

Yes unless somebody hasn't preserved the baseband. I know how it works any way thanks for the info. I.ve contacted both Musclenerd and Gevey about the update. hopefully one of them checks it out.

Carlito83

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
I understand the concern that some people have with the file. I've been reading these forums for years but subscribed and posted my video because the file actually worked for me and nobody was using it or believing on it. Why would someone go through the trouble of fixing furiousmod and then including some malware beats me. Is like someone changing the entire engine of your car for free just to steal your wallet. Like I said in my video, iPhones are unbrickable devices (by software anyways). Do a fresh restore with a preserved baseband with no info or contacts on the phone if you want to test it out. Hopefully someone with more recognition in the scene will check it out and spread the word.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Are you guys using the genuine gevey from applenberry with the furious mod?

I'm using x3groove with a eBay gevey ultra wonder if this would work.

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
Well, I took the plunge and installed on 3 devices. It works perfectly!

iPhone 4 - AT&T
Baseband: 4.10.01
iOS: 5.0.1
Gevey Ultra bought from Applenberry

'Orange' UK Contract
'Orange' UK PAYG
'Personal' Argentina Contract

No problems with any of them. mcbaron15, thank you very much indeed!

gmcmoz

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
I believe I have fixed furoiusmod for ios5, my gevey is coming in the mail so i can't test it, heres a link to the deb. Please try it and let me know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nwznig3588wsm6l

dude!!!! this worked for me! installed on my macbook pro using iphone explorer, installed DEB using ifile. works like a charm. I am running Iphone 4 04.10.01 5.0.1 untethered Gevey Sim T-Mobile w/ iMessage and Facetime working. and MMS working... POW!!!

deannacrudolph

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
GEVEY SIM fix for iPhone 4 5.0.1 update

This fix worked beautifully! I recently updated to 5.0.1 and preserved my baseband in order to continue using my Gevey Sim to unlock. And although the Gevey Sim works manually, I was irritated with the process because I was used to the automated Ultra/Furious Mod method. I googled for a solution and found your post, downloaded straight to my phone via Installous, installed via iFile and rebooted my iPhone and yesssssss!!! Back to automated!!! Again, beautiful!!!

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Are you guys using genuine applenberry gevey ultras?

wonder if this will work with a ebay gevey cause i have to use the x3groove repo.

furiousmod repo doesn't work.

iPhoneRepo

macrumors newbie

t2t

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2012
I can confirm, a least on BB 3.10.01 it does not work at all. Tried different carriers and many times, with Gevey Ultra: nothing.

Thanks.

A major problem is: now pseudo-lockers all over twitter and blogosphere are tweeting about this **** as if it worked flawlessly.

One question: could I upgrade my bb to 4.10.01 to make it work (only if it does)?

Thanks guys.

Cheers.

applejuice123

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
doesn´t work for me.. installed it and rebootet the phone. It seems that furiousmod does nothing.. The unlock procedure starts normal by asking me three times to type my pin code in.. after i´ve done that, the gevey window pops up etc.. I disabled the sim code but that didn´t change something.. still furiousmod is not working

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
doesn´t work for me.. installed it and rebootet the phone. It seems that furiousmod does nothing.. The unlock procedure starts normal by asking me three times to type my pin code in.. after i´ve done that, the gevey window pops up etc.. I disabled the sim code but that didn´t change something.. still furiousmod is not working

Remove all PIN codes, both SIM and device PINs. I'm pretty sure FuriousMod doesn't work with either.

pabloescobar

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2012
May be a 3.10.01 problem. Doesnt work for me either.
I can confirm, a least on BB 3.10.01 it does not work at all. Tried different carriers and many times, with Gevey Ultra: nothing.

Thanks.

A major problem is: now pseudo-lockers all over twitter and blogosphere are tweeting about this **** as if it worked flawlessly.

One question: could I upgrade my bb to 4.10.01 to make it work (only if it does)?

Thanks guys.

Cheers.

mcbaron15

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
I don't even have a gevey yet mines coming in the mail, but I'm so glad to hear that it works! To everybody that tested it, thank you very much, and I was surprised how easy it was to patch it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.