Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
For all those who preordered from the Carphone Warehouse - which phone and which stage are you at?

16GB 6+ for me but still waiting on confirmation (my order has been acknowledged)

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
I ordered via phone on Friday and didn't even get anything. I phone back up as I was told I would receive an email which I didn't. The man on the phone confirmed that my order had been placed successfully and offered to send me a confirmation email. The email I got says "Your order has been accepted and your item/s will be with you soon."

Apart from this I've had nothing else, nothing to say which model, capacity or colour or even price plan I've ordered. I opted to collect in store but I have no proof which could even take to a store to show them on Friday. I hope everything is ok as I'm away on holiday Friday lunch time so ideally wanted to pick the phone up first thing

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
I ordered my 64Gb white 6+ at just after 8am and received an instant email confirmation. Later that evening I received a full acceptance email to confirm my order fully.

Jeepers-

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
I received my 'acknowledgement' email at 8:03am on the 12th, although I still haven't received the acceptance email. I called up Saturday and Sunday to check and both times they said the order went through fine though so fingers crossed I get some mail on the 19th!

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
I received my 'acknowledgement' email at 8:03am on the 12th, although I still haven't received the acceptance email. I called up Saturday and Sunday to check and both times they said the order went through fine though so fingers crossed I get some mail on the 19th!

That's weird, did you order online? I went for a white 6+ 64Gb and ordered mine on EE online and had my initial confirmation email at 08:04am and then a full acceptance confirmation at 18:38.

Jeepers-

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
Ye i did, it is weird and I would feel a lot more comfortable if i had the second email, but i'll have to take their word for it. I think their system was struggling to cope with the volume of orders

tk123

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
London, UK
I don't want to spark any panic, but I just rang CPW twice, both times the quality of the calls dropped to the point where we were cut off. During the first call, the woman I spoke to told me that they wouldn't have any 6 Plus stock in 64GB till October 13th. A different woman told me during my second phonecall that they should have enough stock for a Sept 19th delivery. Very confused and annoyed, and don't have the patience to call back again only for the phone line to be disconnected. Has anyone else spoken to them about this?
(Ordered by 8:45am on Friday. Received an email immediately, then a confirmation of the credit check around 9pm)

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
I spoke to them yesterday as I had still not received anything about my order. Once again they confirmed that my order had been placed successfully and that it would be ready to collect from store on the 19th. I ordered 64gb 6+ space grey. I also asked them for my order number as I didn't have a copy of that either.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
I ordered an iPhone 6 Plus, silver, 64gb with EE at 07:35am (they let the pre-order slip through early) on Friday.

I got my acknowledgement email straight away, I then had an email about 3pm on Friday to say there was a problem with my Credit card payment. I then got this sorted with the bank and CPW said my order had all gone through and is now in 'tracking'. The said on Friday, that they expected delivery to be this Friday 19th.

I still have not received an acceptance email..

Jeepers-

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
I ordered an iPhone 6 Plus, silver, 64gb with EE at 07:35am (they let the pre-order slip through early) on Friday.

I got my acknowledgement email straight away, I then had an email about 3pm on Friday to say there was a problem with my Credit card payment. I then got this sorted with the bank and CPW said my order had all gone through and is now in 'tracking'. The said on Friday, that they expected delivery to be this Friday 19th.

I still have not received an acceptance email..

Similar position, ordered mine at 8:03 on Friday, got an acknowledgement email straight away but still no acceptance one. Called them twice since about it and both times said my order had gone through on their system so fingers crossed!

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
I ordered a 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey at 8:25am on Friday. I got the 'Order Acknowledgement' email immediately, but have had nothing since.

Just called up to check (was in the queue for aaaaages!), and the chap said it has all gone through fine and should be delivered on Friday :)

I said I'd heard other people had got a confirmation email too and asked why I hadn't, and although the chap had no good answer, said he could see in front of him that the order has definitely all gone through fine and says delivery Friday. Apparently the next communication I'll receive is late Thursday/Friday morning to say it's being delivered, and that it's not unusual to not get a confirmation email. So I wouldn't worry if you've not had one.

He seemed confident in what he was telling me, so fingers crossed! :D

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
I will go along to the store on Friday with my order number and if its not available to collect there will be hell to pay! I have been told on multiple occasions that it will be available on 19th September to collect in store.

Jeepers-

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
I ordered a 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey at 8:25am on Friday. I got the 'Order Acknowledgement' email immediately, but have had nothing since.

Just called up to check (was in the queue for aaaaages!), and the chap said it has all gone through fine and should be delivered on Friday :)

I said I'd heard other people had got a confirmation email too and asked why I hadn't, and although the chap had no good answer, said he could see in front of him that the order has definitely all gone through fine and says delivery Friday. Apparently the next communication I'll receive is late Thursday/Friday morning to say it's being delivered, and that it's not unusual to not get a confirmation email. So I wouldn't worry if you've not had one.

Makes me feel a bit more confident! Thanks for posting

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK

This is the same response I have had too from them so at least they seem to be consistent with their responses.

spencerlamb

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Carphone Warehouse order

I originally placed an order Friday 08:20 and received confirmation of this but later on in the day had an email saying to ring CPW. Contacted them and they informed me my order had not gone through and that I had to order again! :mad:

So I ordered sat morning and received confirmation again, Sunday had another email saying order accepted. But on the accepted email it stated that my order was on back-order so I guessed it was because there is no stock of the iphones as of yet. Spoke to CPW on live chat who confirmed this so im still hopeful on picking my iphone 6, silver 64gb come Friday.

If you go onto website even today some models are stating 'Delivery for 19th' so fingers crossed for everyone.

rockhopper353

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
Ordered 6 plus space grey 16gb on Friday, had the confirmation email yesterday saying that I was on a back order which has really naffed me off as at the time of ordering and for several hours afterwards delivery for the 19th was showing.
I've sent them an email this morning to complain and let them know that they have mislead people whom otherwise may have ordered elsewhere, as yet no response, not happy!!

Whosaprettyboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Hi there, just registered to ask if anyone ordered via CPW over the phone..

Did you get any confirmation emails or anything confirming the delivery date?

I ordered iPhone 6 64gb, they stated on the phone delivery was 19th, but after calling back today they are now awaiting stock so cant confirm exact date... I am hoping this is just the standard line as phones arent in yet.

Dont want to waste a days holiday and sit in all day if not coming on Friday!

Thanks

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Hi there, just registered to ask if anyone ordered via CPW over the phone..

Did you get any confirmation emails or anything confirming the delivery date?

I ordered iPhone 6 64gb, they stated on the phone delivery was 19th, but after calling back today they are now awaiting stock so cant confirm exact date... I am hoping this is just the standard line as phones arent in yet.

Dont want to waste a days holiday and sit in all day if not coming on Friday!

Thanks

I ordered over the phone on Friday morning. Was told it would be in store to collect on the 19th and have been told on subsequent time since then that it would be available the 19th. The email I got says it's on back order but I assume that's because the device hasn't officially launched for sale yet. After querying this I am still being told the 19th.

I think im just gonna wait till Thursday now, if I don't hear anything by lunch time I'll be on the phone one last time ensuring everything is still going according to plan.

rockhopper353

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
Well the plot thickens for me, after receiving a confirmation email stating my order had been accepted but was on back order and me sending them an email of complaint due to the website stating the 19th as delivery date, this afternoon I've had another email back saying my order has been declined due to credit checks, well I've got an excellent credit rating and have had monthly contracts for the last 6 years, something doesn't add up here but if I'm honest I'm not to bothered as I didn't realize cpw locked the phone to a network anyway, I'll have to look who else offers the best deal now!

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Well the plot thickens for me, after receiving a confirmation email stating my order had been accepted but was on back order and me sending them an email of complaint due to the website stating the 19th as delivery date, this afternoon I've had another email back saying my order has been declined due to credit checks, well I've got an excellent credit rating and have had monthly contracts for the last 6 years, something doesn't add up here but if I'm honest I'm not to bothered as I didn't realize cpw locked the phone to a network anyway, I'll have to look who else offers the best deal now!

Awww that's rubbish man. Mines better be ok as it's an upgrade

davejsb

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Scotland
The grey 16GB 6's are still showing as delivery on 19th on the CPW website.

Do we think this is likely to be true?

DarkStryder360

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Ordered mine in-store on Saturday morning. The woman said, "we will text you once we know a delivery date".

So I guess I am in limbo until I receive that text. Will not be wasting my time heading into the shop on Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.