Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tk123

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
London, UK
Might bite the bullet and pre order online. Do they take the money straight away or only when it's despafched?

They will do a credit check after you submit your order, and soon after that the money will be 'ring fenced' in your bank account but won't be taken until a few days before despatch. At least, that last part is what I'm telling myself...

Jack25

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
They will do a credit check after you submit your order, and soon after that the money will be 'ring fenced' in your bank account but won't be taken until a few days before despatch. At least, that last part is what I'm telling myself...
Thanks. Still not trusting their info that the only model that won't be delivered on Friday is the 64gb space grey.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
I phoned CPW this morning, the guy I spoke with said my order was with the backorder department, who are not customer facing. He then phoned the backorder team and didn't sound very positive when he returned.

He did say that they expect it to be delivered on Friday, but to call back tomorrow to check :(.

I've only received the acknowledgement email and my order was processed at 7:35am on Friday 12th.

tk123

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
London, UK
Received the following email just before 9am:

"We've processed your order and we'll be dispatching it from our warehouse very soon. You'll be able to track your parcel on the morning of your delivery date using the link below"

There's a link to DPD tracking, but as of now it doesn't work (yet). No formal delivery date mentioned either, but things are looking promising for friday I hope!

why2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2011
Same case to me! I got one email from Carphone warehouse which is the order acknowledgement only. Just called their CS and they said my order was accepted and hopefully I will get text message and email on Friday to pick up my iPhone 6 plus........:(

chocolatesox

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Milton Keynes , UK
I can track mine with DPD and they estimate delivery to the store to be Thursday (ready to pick up Friday)!

I only got the one order confirmation, until this morning when I got the email saying it had been dispatched and gave me a tracking ID.

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Same case to me! I got one email from Carphone warehouse which is the order acknowledgement only. Just called their CS and they said my order was accepted and hopefully I will get text message and email on Friday to pick up my iPhone 6 plus........:(

Did you order online or over the phone. I am in a similar situation as yourself, have the initial confirmation email but nothing else. I called and have been told it will be available for pick up on friday. I also phoned the store i am collecting from who say they will be open at 8 but dont expect there delivery until after 9! why open early if they arent going to have any iPhones to sell??

Whosaprettyboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Has anyone who ordered over the phone with CPW had a single communication by either text or email?

I have not order number or anything. They were quick to take the money though!

I think its crazy they don't communicate if you order over the phone.. apparently I just have to wait and see if I get a text Friday morning from DPD.

why2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2011
Did you order online or over the phone. I am in a similar situation as yourself, have the initial confirmation email but nothing else. I called and have been told it will be available for pick up on friday. I also phoned the store i am collecting from who say they will be open at 8 but dont expect there delivery until after 9! why open early if they arent going to have any iPhones to sell??

I ordered it online at around 9am on 12/Sep.......I called the store that I am going to collect and they said they still don't know whether I can have it or not until Friday! they ask me to just wait for text message on Friday..... Crazy.....:(:(:(

rockhopper353

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
Don't know what's going on with cpw, they seem to be completely disorganized with all of this process, I initially had confirmation of my order being processed and then received another email 2 days later saying my order had been declined due to failing a vodafone credit check, yesterday I had yet another email saying the phone was at the warehouse waiting for dispatch and with the dpd tracking link although as yet this isn't recognizing the reference number as has been mentioned by others, all very random!

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Has anyone who ordered over the phone with CPW had a single communication by either text or email?

I have not order number or anything. They were quick to take the money though!

I think its crazy they don't communicate if you order over the phone.. apparently I just have to wait and see if I get a text Friday morning from DPD.

I didnt initially receive anything when I ordered over the phone. I then phoned them back and the guy sent me a very basic confirmation email but there was no order number. I then phoned back a few days later and they gave me my order number over the phone.

Apart from that I've not received any texts or emails.

I since phoned up again and was told that as I had orderd over the phone, they would have confirmed my order over the phone at the same time so no need to email me it.

I am going to be at my store at opening time on Friday morning but today they said that they might not have any stock in until after 9 even though they open at 8.

Theres a good Scottish saying which is very true to this situation - they don't know their ar*e from their elbow!! Disappointed with the lack of communication from them so far!!

Hicks.

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
UK
The useless buggers have cut my existing SIM off early! My iPhone 6 better arrive on Friday.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
According to CPW they have no 64GB plus phones at all so no one who preordered will get one from them on Friday. Not happy!

kanepuppydog

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
:mad::mad::mad:Just got off live chat with carphone warehouse.They said my order (Iphone 6 plus 128gb space grey) will not come for 2-3 weeks even though I ordered at 8.01am but I really doubt she checked my order as she didn't ask me any security questions that they normally ask.

Last edited:

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
Who told you that? Or where did you find that about??

Just spoken to customer services, absolutely useless and I'm livid, they have zero stock of any 6+ phones in any colour of 64Gb and 128Gb.

----------

:mad::mad::mad:Just got off live chat with carphone warehouse.They said my order (Iphone 6 plus 128gb space grey) will not come for 2-3 weeks even though I ordered at 8.01am but I really doubt she checked my order as she didn't ask me any security questions that they normally ask.

Apparently they've all had an email in the last 30 minutes stating no CarphoneWarehouse orders will be delivered for 6+ phones in 64Gb and 128Gb, they apparently have no stock at all in those sizes.

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Just spoken to customer services, absolutely useless and I'm livid, they have zero stock of any 6+ phones in any colour of 64Gb and 128Gb.

----------

Apparently they've all had an email in the last 30 minutes stating no CarphoneWarehouse orders will be delivered for 6+ phones in 64Gb and 128Gb, they apparently have no stock at all in those sizes.

Ive just phoned again. The guy at the sales team advised that the message is CORRECT for NEW orders PLACED NOW!!! Orders made last Friday will still stand and will be either delivered or available to collect from stores on the 19th.

They are gonna be fed up of hearing my voice on the phone lol

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
Ive just phoned again. The guy at the sales team advised that the message is CORRECT for NEW orders PLACED NOW!!! Orders made last Friday will still stand and will be either delivered or available to collect from stores on the 19th.

They are gonna be fed up of hearing my voice on the phone lol

I ordered last Friday at 8am and had order confirmation at 8:04. Money taken etc but they have no phones!

Hicks.

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
UK
DPD is now trackable for me. Interestingly there is an option to upgrade your order and have it delivered tomorrow! Shame nobody is at home to try this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 19.32.15.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 19.32.15.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 106
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.