Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
…..only if that's black leather, I don't like the cheap ******! LOL

Why not go all out and offer to lick elephant dung?

I would! Sorry I was busy working...

So UPS updated the tracking and said the package has reached downtown Seattle. It took them 8 hours to drive about 15 miles. I asked if I could pick it up tonight because I live 10 minutes from there.. NO CAN DO!

I told them they shouldn't promise delivery dates and times when they can't guarantee it. People take days off to sign for packages and then they just don't bother updating the tracking for 8 hours.

One thing I found ironic given it's called UPS Logistics, is the question asked immediately when you call the 1-800 number. The question is

"Is this shipment within the US?"

How would you answer this if your package came from China? You can answer it both ways... Yes, my package is within the US right now, but it wasn't originally?

Well the correct answer is NO. The package is not within the US, even though it is.

If you say yes, you get to the domestic cust service group, who will transfer you to international, and then once you get there, you get transferred to the special apple shipment line they have set up.

Anyways, whatever, I will get it tomorrow. Life moves on :)

Enjoy your phone catwoman! I'll see you around! Thanks for hanging out!

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I would! Sorry I was busy working...

So UPS updated the tracking and said the package has reached downtown Seattle. It took them 8 hours to drive about 15 miles. I asked if I could pick it up tonight because I live 10 minutes from there.. NO CAN DO!

I told them they shouldn't promise delivery dates and times when they can't guarantee it. People take days off to sign for packages and then they just don't bother updating the tracking for 8 hours.

One thing I found ironic given it's called UPS Logistics, is the question asked immediately when you call the 1-800 number. The question is

"Is this shipment within the US?"

How would you answer this if your package came from China? You can answer it both ways... Yes, my package is within the US right now, but it wasn't originally?

Well the correct answer is NO. The package is not within the US, even though it is.

If you say yes, you get to the domestic cust service group, who will transfer you to international, and then once you get there, you get transferred to the special apple shipment line they have set up.

Anyways, whatever, I will get it tomorrow. Life moves on :)

Enjoy your phone catwoman! I'll see you around! Thanks for hanging out!

You crack me up! LOL

And it is UPS!!!! What did you expect? That'd be like calling Sprint and expecting logic and common sense from the person you speak to!

Very welcome, I enjoyed hanging out.

Update me tomorrow, let me know if it arrives…….or if you need more running banter for distraction!

Purrrrrrrrrrr!

supermethod

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
I just got this email today for my 16GB Gold Verzion order:

Dn13hoA.jpg

After staying up and finishing my order on launch day with confirmation before 2:02 AM Central, I get this email. I called apple and they have no idea what caused it...

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
For those on Flight 99, we are off! Should be arriving in under 6 hours!

What, are you so obsessed you sit there and watch Flight Finder launch the plane?? Then do you look up old UPS tracking routes from previous package deliveries, and figure out what scheduled flights correspond to the track to your home??

I would never do that. ;)

:apple:

Roshie2

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
Iowa
What, are you so obsessed you sit there and watch Flight Finder launch the plane?? Then do you look up old UPS tracking routes from previous package deliveries, and figure out what scheduled flights correspond to the track to your home??

I would never do that. ;)

:apple:

Hahaha no, I just knew when it was scheduled so I checked right around then. I actually have no idea where they are going to fly it once it gets to Louisville so I guess this is the last leg that I can really track :(

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
Mine FINALLY departed Louisville after missing the connection last night, off to Syracuse (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS2134) . I believe anyone in Upstate NY will have their phones trucked in from 'Cuse.

Actually, being just outside of Albany myself, I can tell you our phones come through Bradley in Windsor, CT. We are particularly lucky in that regard because there are three flights a day from Louisville to Bradley, including two in the early AM after the Anchorage plane arrives. You might have actually taken an extra day because I only see one afternoon flight each day to Syracuse.

Good god, I have become way too obsessed with UPS logistics. :D

----------

Hahaha no, I just knew when it was scheduled so I checked right around then. I actually have no idea where they are going to fly it once it gets to Louisville so I guess this is the last leg that I can really track :(

I actually combed through my Amazon order history to find any UPS package deliveries that went through Louisville. I found one and was able to bring up an old track to figure out what route and flights it takes.

Yes, I need help. But it is kind of fun! :D

ariadnerentz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2013
New York
oh goodness..
I've had my 5s working since around 10:30 this morning. I didn't check what percentage the battery came at, I'm guessing around 75%. So I activate it, spend around an hour putting my contacts in manually since I didn't want to use my backup. Finished that, decided I wanted my backup. by around 1:30pm I had my phone running how I wanted. Decided to play minion rush for about 2 hours (don't judge). Checked battery, 20%. Figures, thats ok considering I was playing a game. Plugged it in, and left it for about an hour and completed my job. (BTW, i did about 5 hours of work in a little over an hour SCORE). Finished that and phone was around 50%. ok. By now its around 3-4. Sent a few texts and facetimed my sister. Then i played with the fingerprint for around 30 minutes. Went away from the phone until 5:45. Battery was back at 20% which I thought was a little bit low. Not impressed yet with the 5s battery =/ I carry a portable battery pack with me at all times, so it's not a huge problem, I just wanted it to last at least 6:30 am to 5 at least. I'll test it out fully tomorrow.

This thing is fast though. I have sprint (LTE in my area), and its pretty impressive. I downloaded a page and a half of apps in around 5 minutes on sprint. Takes me about the same to do that on wifi.

Roshie2

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
Iowa
I actually combed through my Amazon order history to find any UPS package deliveries that went through Louisville. I found one and was able to bring up an old track to figure out what route and flights it takes.

Yes, I need help. But it is kind of fun! :D

You sir, should be a private investigator. I would do that, but I don't know the last time I got a package from UPS. I usually get things via FedEx for some reason. It's like christmas, but you know what you're getting!

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
What does this mean? On it's way to KY? Anyone know what flight this is on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 180

blah007

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2011
If I ordered today or Tomorrow for an iPhone 5s. When do you think it will be delivered by or an estimated delivery time? (Location-USA)

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Ups 99 landed about an hour ago in KY but my vzw 32gb gold does not show an arrival scan. Is that normal or did I track the wrong plane? Also, do I still have a chance to get my iphone Friday? It has to go through customs yet and arrive in the Quad Cities (IA/IL border). Not sure where it'll fly to first... Thinking maybe Cedar Rapids?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 113

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Ups 99 landed about an hour ago in KY but my vzw 32gb gold does not show an arrival scan. Is that normal or did I track the wrong plane? Also, do I still have a chance to get my iphone Friday? It has to go through customs yet and arrive in the Quad Cities (IA/IL border). Not sure where it'll fly to first... Thinking maybe Cedar Rapids?

UPDATE: It just got an import scan! Anyone else with the 32GB Gold VZW get the import scan along with me? If we don't get any missed connections, we should be good for delivery in the morning, right? Otherwise, it could slip to Monday... :-(

ASAP1717

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2013
UPDATE: It just got an import scan! Anyone else with the 32GB Gold VZW get the import scan along with me? If we don't get any missed connections, we should be good for delivery in the morning, right? Otherwise, it could slip to Monday... :-(

Just got that as well. 3:35AM flight for SF Bay Area (Oakland) customers, if it's on it then it's coming next 18 hours. If not Monday, one time!

nancisev

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013

Just got updated to a 9/27 delivery from 9/30. 32GB Verizon gold just left Louisville for the Bay area at 3:35 am!!!

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
If I ordered today or Tomorrow for an iPhone 5s. When do you think it will be delivered by or an estimated delivery time? (Location-USA)

it depends on which color/carrier you pick....have your tried the apple reservation process online for pick up in the store?? It is much quickier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.