Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
They're not coming today. Ups just hasn't updated that part yet.

Our missed connection phones will board planes for our local depots in the wee hours (like 2-4am). Or they might head to a regional one (my packages have routed through Orlando to Tampa) late tonight 11pm-1am).

There's a 4:30pm flight to Orlando today. Don't give up hope yet!
I WANT TO BELIEVE :eek:

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Yes, it's very nice and convenient. I've been doing it for about 10 years, now.

And OMG!!! That's pure torture! Has there been any update on your 5s' status, yet?

I'm thinking of getting the [Product] Red leather case for mine, I've already got the one from Mophie, but don't use it all the time.

My regular everyday case for my 5 was a metallic pink BodyGlove.

No update yet! I'm starting to slowly realize that it's not coming. I just wonder what on earth its doing! Where is the truck?!

Oh well, I guess I have to decide between changing it to pick up at ups store and risking another delay or trying to pick it up tomorrow night after a failed delivery attempt. This sucks! :)

Do you usually use a case? The leather ones look cool.. I've never had a case and I'm going commando again this time. What color phone did you get this time btw?

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
No update yet! I'm starting to slowly realize that it's not coming. I just wonder what on earth its doing! Where is the truck?!

Oh well, I guess I have to decide between changing it to pick up at ups store and risking another delay or trying to pick it up tomorrow night after a failed delivery attempt. This sucks! :)

Do you usually use a case? The leather ones look cool.. I've never had a case and I'm going commando again this time. What color phone did you get this time btw?

Damn, that sucks! Sorry!

Yes, I usually use a case. I'm a heart patient, my meds sometimes cause me to get dizzy and I could just imagine dropping and smashing my phone, I also fully insure them.

I got the Space Gray! I considered the silver/white, but I really don't like the white….which is funny, because so many try to claim it's the feminine one! LOL

I love silver, even all of my jewelry is sterling, but prefer it with black, so the Space Gray works really well, since it really just looks like a flat silver/gunmetal with the black.

My son hasn't specified his preference, but I'm guessing I'll be ordering another Space Gray in November and having it shipped to MD.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Damn, that sucks! Sorry!

Yes, I usually use a case. I'm a heart patient, my meds sometimes cause me to get dizzy and I could just imagine dropping and smashing my phone, I also fully insure them.

I got the Space Gray! I considered the silver/white, but I really don't like the white….which is funny, because so many try to claim it's the feminine one! LOL

I love silver, even all of my jewelry is sterling, but prefer it with black, so the Space Gray works really well, since it really just looks like a flat silver/gunmetal with the black.

My son hasn't specified his preference, but I'm guessing I'll be ordering another Space Gray in November and having it shipped to MD.

Space gray is my second fav because I have the black one now. I don't like the silver one at all! It looks so plain! Between your avatar and choice of gray, I'm starting to paint a picture here..

Post a pic of your phone with the case if you can :).
Would love to see it.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Space gray is my second fav because I have the black one now. I don't like the silver one at all! It looks so plain! Between your avatar and choice of gray, I'm starting to paint a picture here..

Post a pic of your phone with the case if you can :).
Would love to see it.

Here it is in both the BodyGlove and the Mophie.

I took them with my 4S, that's why they aren't the greatest.

LOL! Good luck with that picture! ;-)

My avatar pic was just taken a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_9513.jpg
    IMG_9513.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9515.jpg
    IMG_9515.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Here it is in both the BodyGlove and the Mophie.

I took them with my 4S, that's why they aren't the greatest.

LOL! Good luck with that picture! ;-)

My avatar pic was just taken a few weeks ago.

Cool, looks good! Thanks for posting. Definitely the red for me, for obvious reasons!

I didn't realize you are the avatar!

Ugh, where is that brown truck when you need it!

Edit: Just heard a HUGE truck slow down right outside.. Turned around.. It's the GARBAGE TRUCK! WAHHHH!

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
For those that misconnected this morning, does anyone's tracking show their phones departed KY yet? The flight for Ontario left 30 min ago and either my tracking hasn't updated or my phone is still chilling in KY.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Cool, looks good! Thanks for posting. Definitely the red for me, for obvious reasons!

I didn't realize you are the avatar!

Ugh, where is that brown truck when you need it!

Edit: Just heard a HUGE truck slow down right outside.. Turned around.. It's the GARBAGE TRUCK! WAHHHH!

I was pleasantly surprised by the color of the red, since it's a darker one and not a neon bright, so it is much nicer than I expected and very welcome!

And dare I ask who you thought it was in my avatar? LOL

I really hope they get it to you soon, before you go completely bonkers.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by the color of the red, since it's a darker one and not a neon bright, so it is much nicer than I expected and very welcome!

And dare I ask who you thought it was in my avatar? LOL

I really hope they get it to you soon, before you go completely bonkers.

First thing that came to mind was cat women.

I've already gone bonkers. I think at this point I'm slowly slipping into depression lol. I've had thoughts like... "I would lick cat sheet if it meant my phone arriving".

:confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 77

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
First thing that came to mind was cat women.

I've already gone bonkers. I think at this point I'm slowly slipping into depression lol. I've had thoughts like... "I would lick cat sheet if it meant my phone arriving".

:confused:

…..only if that's black leather, I don't like the cheap ******! LOL

Why not go all out and offer to lick elephant dung?

bluechipBMW

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Ky

Mine also missed it's connection in KY but noticed the site hasn't updated the scheduled delivery date (im in LI) so I did a live chat with UPS and this is what i was told...

" Jacquelyn M.: I understand that you are looking for further details on when this package would be delivered. My system indicates that this package was delayed while in transit and has been revised for delivery on the next business day. I apologize that the package is delayed. This package would be delivered Friday, 09/27/13."

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Mine also missed it's connection in KY but noticed the site hasn't updated the scheduled delivery date (im in LI) so I did a live chat with UPS and this is what i was told...

" Jacquelyn M.: I understand that you are looking for further details on when this package would be delivered. My system indicates that this package was delayed while in transit and has been revised for delivery on the next business day. I apologize that the package is delayed. This package would be delivered Friday, 09/27/13."

I am probably in the same boat as you then, wish they would update the website.....I live in Stony Brook.

CruiseToGo

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
For those that misconnected this morning, does anyone's tracking show their phones departed KY yet? The flight for Ontario left 30 min ago and either my tracking hasn't updated or my phone is still chilling in KY.

Mine departed Louisville at 4:30 PM and my scheduled delivery has been updated from end of day today to tomorrow by 3:00 PM.

grizzy

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Mine just updated to now deliver tomorrow:

Louisville, KY, United States 09/26/2013 4:10 P.M. Departure Scan
09/26/2013 1:59 P.M. Import Scan
09/26/2013 5:12 A.M. The scheduled connection was missed.
09/26/2013 3:20 A.M. Import Scan
09/26/2013 2:05 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 09/25/2013 3:45 P.M. Departure Scan

I'm guessing my phone is on this flight to Orlando. Then it will semi over in the wee hours to my Tampa Depot:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS2326

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
Mine finally departed KY but to LAX instead of Ontario (I'm in Ontario!), and still shows tomorrow delivery. Ah well. At least it's going to spend the night in CA with me.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Vzw 32gb gold now in AK. Are we still looking good for tomorrow delivery?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 131

nancisev

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
Incheon, Korea, Republic of
09/26/2013 11:51 P.M. Departure Scan
09/26/2013 8:05 P.M. Arrival Scan

Korean Air Flight 243 departed Incheon for Anchorage at 11:48 P.M.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/KAL243

I'm thinking this is the flight for me as UPS99 left at 10:26 P.M.

32GB Gray AT&T ordered 9/20 at 5:16 AM EST (2:16 AM Pacific Time)

As a gold 32GB Verizon customer I have tracked my phone to Alaska but I am still scheduled for a Monday delivery. Crossing my fingers that I somehow get it tomorrow in SF.

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
mine just shows departure scan and delivery was changed to TOMORROW by 3 ... expected that but still devastated(ish)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.