Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supermethod

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
Went through all the trouble to get my order in before 2:02 Central on launch day. Go from Processing to Preparing for shipment, back to Processing again. Apple has no explanation.:confused::confused:

leo8877

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
Bumped up to delivery today from 9/30. Bay Area CA. Shows out for delivery now. 32 GB gray ATT ordered at 1:41 AM on 9/20.

albertperk

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
UPS My Choice - 2 Hour Delivery Window not available in some regions

So with my Mom's Gold iPhone 5s out for delivery today (she's ecstatic), I thought I would take advantage of the UPS My Choice delivery window (2 hour window). However, I was informed that this is not available in some regions of the country (to my disappointment). I was not aware of this and maybe some other readers may not be either so I thought I would let you all know the 4-1-1 on that. Here is the live chat I had on UPS:

Initial Question: Under the UPS My Choice Delivery Planner, I am unable to select a 2 hour delivery window

Rudy S.: Hi, this is Rudy S.. I'll be happy to assist you.

Rudy S.: Does it give you an error message.

Albert: No it does not. The option just is not available

Rudy S.: Let me check on that.

Albert: I can view my delivery alerts, view instructions, and request a change of delivery but the option for the 2 hour window is not there

Rudy S.: Its just not available let me check.

Albert: Oh okay sure, no problem. Thanks!

Rudy S.: No when is the package schedule to be deliver?

Albert: It is scheduled to be delivered today. However, I've been checking for that 2 hour delivery window option all week, and it has not been available.

Rudy S.: Ok the delivery window for 2 hors must be requested with 2 days of anticipation.

Albert: I see. Even if I looked two days prior to (which I did) it still wasn't available for me. I actually checked ever since the origin scan, and the option wasn't available even then.

Albert: The origin scan was on the 25th of September for this package

Rudy S.: Ok then so even before that the options was not avaialble.

Albert: Correct

Albert: It's never been available for me

Rudy S.: Were you able to set it up for any of other shipments?

Albert: No I have not

Albert: But this is the only package I am expecting for this shipment

Rudy S.: Most likely if the options is not coming up in UPS My Choice they it not available for you area.

Albert: But correct, that option has never been available for me

Albert: Ohhh I see. I was not aware that this was a regional option

Rudy S.: Correct it is.

Albert: I see. Is there anyway of knowing if it is available in your region or what regions it is available in?

Rudy S.: Only based on the information that you enter on the registration of UPS My Choice

Albert: I'm sorry I'm not quite clear on your response; can you clarify on that a little further?

Rudy S.: Once you enter the address UPS My Choice would pull up the options if available otherwise if it doesn't it not. that's the only way to find out.

Albert: Ohhhh I gotcha. Okay. So the only way I would know is when I initially registered for UPS My Choice?

Rudy S.: Correct.

Albert: Gotcha. Wow bummer. Alrighty then. I believe this answers my question.

Albert: Thank you for your patience

Rudy S.: Thanks for contacting us. Enjoy your day.

Albert: You too

Albert: Bye

You have disconnected.

CruiseToGo

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
Out for Delivery @ last

To all us getting their phones today that should have gotten them yesterday, cheers and enjoy. Who knew how nice the phrase "out for delivery" was!

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
To all us getting their phones today that should have gotten them yesterday, cheers and enjoy. Who knew how nice the phrase "out for delivery" was!

INdeed .... mine is on the truck - sign on door to knock and wife is home. BUT it's not there until it IS there.

Agonizing !!!!

iRabbit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
Long Island, NY
it's been a few hours but I had the same situation as you have. mine's on the way now. just had to wait until they sort it out. I got one earlier before noon. hope you got yours too.

Turns out it arrived on time Wednesday night along with iPhone #1... so go figure. I think UPS was just having a lot of tracking issues.

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
Finally - YES

Holding my 5s (32gb wht/slvr) in my hand (upgraded from 4s 32g blk) - this is f'n sweet.

activation - 20 sec
setting up - restore back up - 2 min.
updating (7.02) 4 min
hard syncing a thousand photos and tunes ... 15 min.
INCREDIBLE

thanks to everyone here for keeping the fanboy cheers loud.

Enjoy yours.

(hummm.... now my wife is interested in upgrading her 4s)

LOVIN' it.

deraj090

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2010
My dad's 16GB space gray AT&T just arrived. Now he matches the one I got in-store on day 1. Heyyo!

dasams

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
Ups 99 landed about an hour ago in KY but my vzw 32gb gold does not show an arrival scan. Is that normal or did I track the wrong plane? Also, do I still have a chance to get my iphone Friday?

No arrival scan means that it hasn't been scanned yet... You should get it today.

My 32 gb grey was on the same flight from AK to KY. I'm in the Bay Area and it is 'out for delivery'. This is awesome as the expected delivery date was next Mon. i wonder if the change from 'standard' shipping to 'expedited' made the difference?

What's the delivery status for those with phones on the Anchorage flight that departed 09/26/2013 at 2:53 P.M. and arrived Louisville 09/27/2013 at 1:03 A.M.? Mine departed Louisville at 3:35 AM and will be delivered by the end of the day :D

nancisev

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
No arrival scan means that it hasn't been scanned yet... You should get it today.

My 32 gb grey was on the same flight from AK to KY. I'm in the Bay Area and it is 'out for delivery'. This is awesome as the expected delivery date was next Mon. i wonder if the change from 'standard' shipping to 'expedited' made the difference?

What's the delivery status for those with phones on the Anchorage flight that departed 09/26/2013 at 2:53 P.M. and arrived Louisville 09/27/2013 at 1:03 A.M.? Mine departed Louisville at 3:35 AM and will be delivered by the end of the day :D

I received my 32gb gold phone in SF at 10:40 this morning.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Sorry for the delay... I received my vzw 32gb gold iphone 5s Friday afternoon! Here's my unboxing video:

http://youtu.be/lf4xTHN6hrc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.