Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I installed it on my old 2008 MBP with 2 GB of RAM. Of course, performance is not so great, but that's not a surprise. It's still usable though!

Little things:
- As mentioned above, Safari finally has a omnibar! Great! Hope this makes it into Lion and we don't have to wait for ML to get it.
- iCloud implementation has made a step forward. I love that I can save documents to the cloud directly.
- Notifications: Looks good!
- Notes: Looks much better than the Lion version of it

What is still missing:
- Finder option to browse the cloud
- Notes should accept handwritten notes (not gonna happen, I know)

Sorry if all of this has been mentioned before. I'm just excited.

You can do handwriting recognition if you have a tablet.

Unless you mean like just drawing on notes like a lot of iPad note apps.

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
You can do handwriting recognition if you have a tablet.

Unless you mean like just drawing on notes like a lot of iPad note apps.

Yeah, I should have been more precise. I know there is handwriting recognition, which I don't think is very useful on a device that has a keyboard.

I want to be able to draw, or more precisely, write formulas and sketch diagrams, write on my keynote slides and sign documents. Support for that is very limited in OSX, compared to what is available on Windows - even Linux provides more sophisticated tools, which I am using right now through macports.

I don't think free-hand tablet input is a big priority for Apple right now unfortunately.

madeofchalk

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
Only deal breaker for me ATM: Can no longer drag files into the Open File dialog box to select it.

Hopefully its just a bug and they will fix it. Reporting it ASAP ;)

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
What's this talk about Safari tab syncing between ML and iOS? I'm not seeing it.

Maxdr

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2011
Russia
Is there anyone having the same issue with the screen brightness going to maximum after a reboot?

Last edited:

Brendando

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
Just tested gestures, and it does! Its just like going back a page in safari :D

OS X Mountain Lion is pretty awesome.

Excellent. I don't really understand what the excuse is for not having this in Finder now. It's going to really frustrate me if they have incorporated these gestures into most, but not all of the apps. It's not good for the general consumers either- imagine how jarring they'll find it to suddenly have something that's been so consistent not work. That is of course, assuming that they aren't trying to de-emphasise Finder as much as possible in Mountain Lion, and encourage the single-task state that's used in iOS further. Not complaining, just observing/wondering.

applefortytwo

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2012
London, U.K
Notifications and Notification Centre

Some nice animations too

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-19 at 12.30.33.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-19 at 12.30.33.png
    372.3 KB · Views: 980
  • Screen Shot 2012-02-19 at 12.30.23.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-19 at 12.30.23.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 4,023

papalapapp

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2012
- iCloud implementation has made a step forward. I love that I can save documents to the cloud directly.
What is still missing:
- Finder option to browse the cloud

Browsing the cloud in Finder wild be a step towards file syncing iCloud/Mac.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but how I understand the announcement from Phil is that file sync will only work via app-centric saving. E.g. you can only sync Pages documents if they are saved the optional "new way" in Pages but not if they are saved the "tradional" way in Finder.

DeckMan

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Where did you get that picture?

I found out yesterday (after asking the same question :D) that you can use Google Image Search to find similar pictures, and therefore find wallpapers from screenshots, and sometimes higher-resolution versions of pictures you've downloaded :)

----------

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but how I understand the announcement from Phil is that file sync will only work via app-centric saving.

That's how I understood it too, sadly. Browsing it in the Finder would be iDisk all over again. Though you can technically achieve just that with Dropbox (probably minus the syncing-with-iWork-on-iOS-part, though)

Last edited:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but how I understand the announcement from Phil is that file sync will only work via app-centric saving. E.g. you can only sync Pages documents if they are saved the optional "new way" in Pages but not if they are saved the "tradional" way in Finder.
That would makes sense because it seems that Apple is trying to get away from the Finder and have apps handle all file management like they do on iOS.

DeckMan

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
That would makes sense because it seems that Apple is trying to get away from the Finder and have apps handle all file management like they do on iOS.

I would hope not. If they try to do that in a future OS, they will sell a lot less copies of that (and less future computers with it preinstalled), and I'm pretty sure they know that.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I would hope not. If they try to do that in a future OS, they will sell a lot less copies of that (and less future computers with it preinstalled), and I'm pretty sure they know that.

Yes, just look at all those iPads not selling because of not having a "proper" file system.

File system is passe, and will eventually go the way of the Terminal. Popular with more tech savvy but not so much with the average consumer.

alezziuz

Suspended
Feb 19, 2012
anteprima new options

new options in Anteprima! (Preview)

Attachments

• Schermata 02-2455977 alle 17.55.54.png
    Schermata 02-2455977 alle 17.55.54.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 488
  • Schermata 02-2455977 alle 17.55.36.png
    Schermata 02-2455977 alle 17.55.36.png
    162 KB · Views: 397
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.