Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Broncos got their act together in the second half. Two TDs in 9 seconds doesn't hurt, either. Charles fumbling twice and other errors by the Chiefs ultimately did them in though.

yukyuklee

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
Boston, MA
Broncos got their act together in the second half. Two TDs in 9 seconds doesn't hurt, either. Charles fumbling twice and other errors by the Chiefs ultimately did them in though.

his passes were good 2nd half but you can see the loss of power in his arm. Chief really done themselves last night. Brandon McManus can really kick like a horse lol

Last edited:

dogslobber

macrumors 601
Oct 19, 2014
Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
Hard to see passed The Patriots. Now that Brady has rightfully been found innocent it seems that a 2016 Super Bowl win for The Pats would be icing on the cake to a troubled season for the NFL.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I wouldn't say the Broncos suck or are even mediocre, They have alot of talent on that team, their pass rushers are pretty damn good, demaryus Thomas is an absolute beast as you saw in that final drive last night, Sanders is flying around out there and always seems to be open..... They have good corners and say what you will about Manning but the man is still a field general out there, even though his arm has lost some strength he could still win some games with his brain. The one weakness is there offensive line though, but every team has a few weaknesses even the superbowl contenders.

Even at his age and with 3 neck surgeries Manning throws the ball downfield farther than dink and dunk Smith.

invalid op. jets fans know nothing about good football. next!

JK - you make some valid points.

i'm sure we've all read the recent (SI ?) interview with manning wherein he stares that he can't feel his fingers/finger tips on his right hand? that explains his wobbly passes. after watching his first game back i wondered if there wasn't something amiss.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I think given the history of the long recovery period for foot injuries (ask NBA star Kevin Durant about his), Cowboys WR Dez Bryant being gone for the rest of this season may not be so far-fetched.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The real litmus test for Denver is how will Manning play at the end of the season. The past couple of years his performance does degrade and he's not looking all that strong at the beginning of this season.

Reactions: pachyderm

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
I don't expect much from the Niners today or for this season, but it's kind of a relief in a way.

It's really hard to expect your baseball team and your basketball team to have to make the playoffs or else it's considered the worst choke imaginable.

For the Niners, I don't expect postseason and would be thrilled if the team goes 8-8 under the circumstances it has.

For now the Niners season is just a placeholder waiting for the Warriors and Giants to dominate their sport. As for current Giants at end of season, this year will be over .500 but #3 or #4 on NL wild card race meaning no postseason.

It's overall a great few years for the Bay Area with 4 professional sport championships, and the first of at least that many since '72-'74 A's, '75 Warriors, '76 Raiders campaigns.

Last edited:

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Sorry, but Chip Kelly gambled the house and lost. Who would have thought that with PHI playing the way they are and the injury bug DAL is getting, the NFC is going to come down to the NYG and...WAS?! HAHAHAHA

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Poor Romo can't get a break. He's out again with another broken collarbone.

It's too bad, because as constructed this Cowboys team is really good. Lots of talented weapons for the quarterback. We will see what Weeden can do.

Sorry, but Chip Kelly gambled the house and lost. Who would have thought that with PHI playing the way they are and the injury bug DAL is getting, the NFC is going to come down to the NYG and...WAS?! HAHAHAHA

Assuming Dallas doesn't lose Romo the whole season (big assumption), the Cowboys have so much talent they're still in it.

Was I the only one who honestly thought this Chip Kelly thing was doomed to fail after he moved good talent for essentially nothing?

Last edited:

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Sucks to say but I no longer have any faith in Bradford. As a Rams fan, I was always high on Bradford because he has all the skills required to be a QB in this league in the traditional sense and because the lack of talent on the Rams, he couldn't fully break out. Now with PHI, the talent is better with a top 5 RB but the offense still looks the same as it did in STL - there are good plays here and there but the end result is a stalled possession. I have come to the conclusion that Bradford can only succeed if there is everything in place for him.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
It's too bad, because as constructed this Cowboys team is really good. Lots of talented weapons for the quarterback. We will see what Weeden can do.

Assuming Dallas doesn't lose Romo the whole season (big assumption), the Cowboys have so much talent they're still in it.

It's still early in the season but you think that Romo & Dez will be out at least 10 weeks (minimum?), what does DAL really have left? With probably the best O-line in the NFL, McFadden, Randle and Dunbar haven't really done anything to match what Murray would have done which is likely the biggest problem now that DAL will lean on the run game because who's really trusting Weeden to really play QB with no real WR threat?

Anything is possible but DAL would have to play near perfect between now and when Romo and Dez get back and I just don't see that happening.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Sucks to say but I no longer have any faith in Bradford. As a Rams fan, I was always high on Bradford because he has all the skills required to be a QB in this league in the traditional sense and because the lack of talent on the Rams, he couldn't fully break out. Now with PHI, the talent is better with a top 5 RB but the offense still looks the same as it did in STL - there are good plays here and there but the end result is a stalled possession. I have come to the conclusion that Bradford can only succeed if there is everything in place for him.

The bold is super debateable. He's exposed away from that Dallas Offensive Line.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
It's still early in the season but you think that Romo & Dez will be out at least 10 weeks (minimum?), what does DAL really have left? With probably the best O-line in the NFL, McFadden, Randle and Dunbar haven't really done anything to match what Murray would have done which is likely the biggest problem now that DAL will lean on the run game because who's really trusting Weeden to really play QB with no real WR threat?

Anything is possible but DAL would have to play near perfect between now and when Romo and Dez get back and I just don't see that happening.
The defense is a lot better than I had anticipated, and their two best defensive players are out. They have so many receiving options it isn't even funny.

There's still a lot to like, but it's going to be tough and they have two division wins in hand.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

Not to mention Murray had one good season. He was plagued with injuries and very inconsistent as a Cowboy. Once he was healthy and able to move behind the good offensive line is when he was able to put some yards up.

td1439

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Boston-ish
The real litmus test for Denver is how will Manning play at the end of the season. The past couple of years his performance does degrade and he's not looking all that strong at the beginning of this season.

This. It's fine if he's making some good passes in September when it's warm. How will he look in December after most of a season of getting hit (especially if what we've seen of Denver's O-line continues)?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
It's mostly been great defense by the Jets. Bowles has the Defense looking good. Not getting too excited though since they've played 2 really bad teams the first 2 weeks, but they've taken care of business against both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.