Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Agreed, the Redskins are a terrible team. With all the injuries that Dallas has, and as bad as Philadelphia and Washington look, I wouldn't be too surprised to see New York win the NFC East.
whatd you think of kirk cousins last night? one bad game or more serious? or just a bad team surrounding him? seemed like he missed some throws but they looked on target. idk

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
I see on espn they have
"Don't count out Giants' Eli Manning just yet"

I think its premature to say that the Giants have fixed all their issues. They did play the Redskins after all.

The Redskins went into the game leading the league in rushing, the Giants for the most part shut them down. They came off a game against St. Louis in which they got after Foles, they didn't lay a finger on Manning (even without his starting LT). I'd say for the injuries they've had to deal with and the way they've lost the first two games, if they stay healthy they could easily win the NFC east.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
My Bengals are looking great! :D2-0 against the raiders and chargers. The offense is looking the way they should've been looking for the past few years. The rb tandem of hill and gio is one of the best, if not the best in the league, and eifert has shown that he deserved to be a first round pick. Watch out for us!

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I think they are the best teams now, but there is still a lot of football left to be played.
I'm so frustrated with the Cowboys' injury, because I think they could give either the Seahawks or the Packers a run for their money in the postseason.

Now it's just anxiety about winning with a bad quarterback.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
"Should," not "will."

The Pack winning SB 50 a half century after winning SB I is somehow appropriate. That's my totally neutral opinion, anyway.
GamZsZn.png

"neutral"?

he he he... i think you could be correct but it is still very early.

Reactions: aaronvan

td1439

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Boston-ish
One thing that always proves to be true: what we think to be the case in September and October, about half of it turns out to be completely wrong by December. Cases in point: one year in the Bledsoe era, the Patriots started out 4-0. They finished the season 8-8. And one year during the Pennington era of the Jets, there was all kinds of hype over the 5-0 Jets taking on the 5-0 Patriots. "AFC Championship Preview!" the pundits all shouted. By January, that prediction looked pretty silly.

That being said, most teams won't be able to afford an 0-3 start, with the possible exception of the Colts.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
One thing that always proves to be true: what we think to be the case in September and October, about half of it turns out to be completely wrong by December. Cases in point: one year in the Bledsoe era, the Patriots started out 4-0. They finished the season 8-8. And one year during the Pennington era of the Jets, there was all kinds of hype over the 5-0 Jets taking on the 5-0 Patriots. "AFC Championship Preview!" the pundits all shouted. By January, that prediction looked pretty silly.

That being said, most teams won't be able to afford an 0-3 start, with the possible exception of the Colts.
Something like 10% of 0-2 teams make the playoffs. So essentially one of 0-2 teams will make the playoffs, IMHO. HOWEVER, a team like the Bears (the team of my childhood) are likely to lose against the Seahawks, putting them at 0-3. Only 2% of teams starting 0-3 have ever made the playoffs.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Something like 10% of 0-2 teams make the playoffs. So essentially one of 0-2 teams will make the playoffs, IMHO. HOWEVER, a team like the Bears (the team of my childhood) are likely to lose against the Seahawks, putting them at 0-3. Only 2% of teams starting 0-3 have ever made the playoffs.
none of those stats matter for this season though. all it does it put it in "context" but the way people on tv cling to these as if it means anything for the future is just ridiculous.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Bengals proving that they can hang in important and close games. AJ Green is just ridiculous and Dalton looked great today minus the interception and fumble.

Reactions: yukyuklee

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
I'm sorry Denver fans, but watching Peyton Manning throw the ball around before the game.... he looks like he is struggling
The Broncos had best check his "Use Before:" date. But, most likely, he will still outperform the Kapster, who today had a single-game passer rating of 16.7 :eek:

Reactions: yukyuklee
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.