Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

td1439

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Boston-ish
You're right. The draft isn't strong with QBs. Really strong in OL and LBs, though.

I've heard there's a lot of good TE's to be had as well. There's been some talk in these parts that the Patriots might consider moving on from Gronk because of the injury history. He just had his third back surgery to go along with the arm injury and the ACL tear. The guy's a monster when he's healthy, but at this point the injuries seem inevitable. I'd love to see them resign Martellus Bennett, although Hightower and Butler have to priorities this offseason IMO.

For the life of me, I don't understand what happened to Kaepernick. His ceiling looked to be so very high, and then it all just evaporated. And I don't buy the idea that he's distracted by the social issues. Yeah, he knelt during the anthem. He also didn't even go out and vote. Hard to believe he's putting a lot of time in with social justice work. Just gotta hope Chip Kelly didn't ruin him, I suppose.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I've heard there's a lot of good TE's to be had as well. There's been some talk in these parts that the Patriots might consider moving on from Gronk because of the injury history. He just had his third back surgery to go along with the arm injury and the ACL tear. The guy's a monster when he's healthy, but at this point the injuries seem inevitable. I'd love to see them resign Martellus Bennett, although Hightower and Butler have to priorities this offseason IMO.

For the life of me, I don't understand what happened to Kaepernick. His ceiling looked to be so very high, and then it all just evaporated. And I don't buy the idea that he's distracted by the social issues. Yeah, he knelt during the anthem. He also didn't even go out and vote. Hard to believe he's putting a lot of time in with social justice work. Just gotta hope Chip Kelly didn't ruin him, I suppose.

I don't buy the social issues, either. That surfaced about a year ago. He never really progress the year he worked with Kurt Warner. Sure, he had a game or two that looked promising, but he still didn't have the touch to lob a pass over a defender. He continued to play as if he was in Madden, throwing 35 yard bullets. Smh.

Add to the fact that he was lacking receivers who actually can create space and get down field. Torrey Smith could do that...but let's be real, he wasn't super fast in Baltimore.

If Shanahan decides to keep him on the team, then I guess I have to trust him. But I'm ready to move on from him and Gabbert. Thad Lewis isn't the answer. Christian Ponder might have a chance to come back to camp, but QB, WR, OL, LB is definitely a need for this team.

And with Robert Saleh becoming the DC, the defense seems to be headed to a 4-3.

Reactions: BeeGood

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
That's what I've heard too, but if I'm the niners I'm trying to get a veteran signal caller, whether that's Jimmy G, Romo or heck, I'd even talk to Buffalo about Tyrod. Then I'm trading down to get a WR1 for him to throw to.

As a RAIDER fan I'd be glad to give Crabtree back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.