Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
I guess ours will be spending Christmas in some warehouse in Memphis. I'm sure they have bonded by now though and at least they aren't spending the holiday alone.

Interestingly, my tracking still says delivery by 10:30 this morning.

Yeah no kidding. Lets call fedex at 10:31. lol. Cold, dark Memphis warehouse... but like you said, at least they have the other iMacs to keep them company.

Now just hoping to have it by Fri 12/28 for the weekend. Apple quoted delivery of 12/28- 1/4 so by that count, it's not late yet. (even though it could have been here much sooner)

Ambulater

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
It's here! It's sitting at my house. Unfortunately I'm at work today. I'm having a feeling it's going to be a long day. It arrived 24 days after the date of order (Nov. 30).

Snoosedaddy

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
Ordered Dec 1st - 1:47am PST. Went to preparing for shipment Dec 20 @ 11:15pm PST. Went to shipping on Dec 21 @ 10:12pm....and the rest is in the screenshot. Merry Christmas everyone. I am done with this thread.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 9.05.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 9.05.36 AM.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 142

lopexo

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Great. Mine is "At destination sort facility" But effing fedex won't let me pick it up. something about they having to try at least one attempt. wtf? Is this right?

cscscs

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Post here if you get any info.

I'm going to be too busy at work to do any phoning.

Called Fedex - They show still waiting on the information. She did say customs makes their own hours so she couldn't help on when it should be released after receiving the paperwork. FYI direct number to that area: 1-800-455-4588.

Called Apple - After review of notes from my Saturday call, CSR worked with supervisor again. Supervisor contacted their people. They said they are aware of the situation. Because of all that's going through customs right now they are behind. They couldn't give me any estimate on when they'll finally get it done. Just keep checking the order status.

cscscs

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
I just called FedEx. She said "hmmm that's strange, they received the info from the shipper already..." But it didn't move. Hopefully Wed she said, hopefully.

Did you notice the Fedex estimated delivery is N/A now? We need to take bets on what day delivery will be!

Bowcaps

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2012
Cornwall, UK
Touchdown, the crowd goes wild. My shiny 27"iMac has just landed at Heathrow. It will no doubt spend it's 1st christmas in an airport warehouse.

However it will be soon winging it's way down to sunny Cornwall to it's new home - Happy days :)

SubaLou

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
It arrived....it arrived! Except now I'm at work & can't see it til later. Argh! Happy, bummed & anxious.

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
I just called FedEx. She said "hmmm that's strange, they received the info from the shipper already..." But it didn't move. Hopefully Wed she said, hopefully.

----------

And they tell you something different .

It's almost funny. I called Apple and the first person I talked with insisted it would be here today by 10:30!

She spoke with one supervisor that said the paper work had been sent and another who said it hadn't been sent yet.

Sounds like FedEx isn't clear if they have it or not?

My FedEx tracking no longer has a delivery date.

BUT, my complimentary superdrive WAS delivered by 10:30 today as promised!!!!

I think I am over it. It will arrive when it arrives.

qamaro

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
FedEx just dropped off a nice surprise to me this Christmas eve! I wasn't expecting my unit until the 27th but, I will take it! (ordered on 11/30).

Latino4Me

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2003
Sorry to hear that; I clearly, like everyone else, would like it sooner rather than later but at least we are coming down the home stretch. The whole ordering process has seemed hard to reconcile. There are people that placed their order the first day and are still in "Purgatory" better known as "Processing hell". I will be out of town early January so as long as its before that it will be fine........let me refresh that screen one more time...................:)

Did you get yours? Hope you did

My X-mas is going to be good afterall. After repeated calls to Fedex (my iMac was in Chicago since Saturday and not scheduled for delivery till 12/27). It was delivered today. I am still at work but at least I will get to play with it today already!

Ordered 11/30 at 8 pm Chicago time BTO with 3.4Ghz i7 and 1TB Fusion drive. Shipped out of China on 12/20 as it mised the cut off on the 12/19

Snoosedaddy

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
New 27" iMac (on left) soon to replace 24" (on right). Running migration assistant, should only be 5-6 more hours. Nothing visibly wrong with it so far. Can't wait to see how this puppy reacts to my computing.

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 171

BrooklynAl

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Worth the wait......

Did you get yours? Hope you did

My X-mas is going to be good afterall. After repeated calls to Fedex (my iMac was in Chicago since Saturday and not scheduled for delivery till 12/27). It was delivered today. I am still at work but at least I will get to play with it today already!

Ordered 11/30 at 8 pm Chicago time BTO with 3.4Ghz i7 and 1TB Fusion drive. Shipped out of China on 12/20 as it mised the cut off on the 12/19

I am glad yours has arrived .......same hear mine arrived around 12pm EST; three words amazing--fast and beautiful. I used a clone created with CC Cloner on my other iMac with 10.8.2 and it took literally 50 minutes and there was no set up necessary. About the only thing I had to do is set up time machine and changed a few icons on my external:) drives and that was it....music/photos/documents/all settings moved over painlessly. Very Cool!!!!

Last edited:

chuckiehina

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2007
Looks like UPS stopped in Japan, AGAIN! I like how it arrived in Japan then departed from China (again) and now departed from Japan.

You have to account for the time zone difference between China and Japan. The time reported is local time and there is an hour time difference between most of Japan and Shanghai, China.

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
Yes ! No more red. Finally clear. I guess it really was the weekend that got us. I bet Wednesday delivery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 87

echomango

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
What gives, Echomango? You were several steps ahead of me. Where are you in the process?

Believe it or not, mine is still in the shipping cardboard, waiting for a full day tomorrow to transfer data.

Did you ever get it my macbro?

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
Woohoo!!!!!!!

Mine has been released too!

There isn't a delivery date but if it goes out tonight I'm betting we will be up and running by Wednesday night!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you. It's been fun having you to share this ordeal with.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Mine has been released too!

There isn't a delivery date but if it goes out tonight I'm betting we will be up and running by Wednesday night!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you. It's been fun having you to share this ordeal with.

Same here! Feels like my iMac was just sprung from jail. LOL!

Seriously tho, I am thinking a Thursday delivery since the holiday. For me it's probably just as well as it gives me time to focus on the family during the holiday rather than my new computer :)

Merry Christmas to all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.