Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I have the exact same thing. Let's hope FedEx's system just isn't stupid and it actually is in Anchorage now.

My tracking info. still shows two Shangahi events (international shipment release and in transit) after the computer arrived at and departed Anchorage. But it's all good, since it got to Memphis late last night and left there early this morning. Memphis is usually the last destination before FedEx shipments get to me (it's less than 250 road miles away), so I'm hoping that it might even come a day early. Or maybe the local FedEx people want to play with the iMac for a day before they deliver it.

sleepingcitizen

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Just made an account (been a lurker for years) to help you guys maybe figure out a pattern in these iMac shipments. I ordered on 11/30 around 8:30am. Between 12:30am this morning and 6:30am my iMac went from processing to preparing for shipment. I'm located in NYC, USA. My BTO specs:

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

It just seems that all th orders are from the 30th and i wouldnt be surprised that they were picked in order but they are being shipped by whichever ones are built quicker than others. I'll keep you guys updated, if it helps anyone! This will be my music studio's new workhorse (I'm freelance, though I mainly work out of a great studio in the city and they have beastly Mac Pros) and I can't wait to Bootcamp and play some BF3 with my brother and friends ;-)

Last edited:

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
I'm now in the "preparing for shipment" boat as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 49

coolguy111

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I'm in Canada, and my iMac just arrived in Louisville via UPS. Louisville is usually the last stop before Toronto, yet my delivery date is still for Monday. Anyone else in the same boat?

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
YES YES YES!!!!!

I am finally on preparing for shipment fellas!! :D:eek::)

It's probably safe to say I'll have this baby before Christmas?!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 88

Lenut

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Barcelona
I have the same dates (2-3 weeks, 26 Dec. - 2 Jan) but it's still processing :( and i am from Spain, shouldt they send both over? its on the same way...ahhhhh!!!

I'm from spain too, same dates (26-2) and waiting...
Hope they send to spain tomorrow

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Hmmm..I was told the only way to get next day air was if it was coming from inside the USA...anything coming from China could not get next day air, due to customs

I don't know what to tell you. I called to upgrade from standard to expedited shipping (2-3 days) and they countered with Next Day. Since I'm fairly convinced they won't be able to ship it from China to my crimson and creme doorstep in 1 day, we will see when it actually gets here.

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
I'm from spain too, same dates (26-2) and waiting...
Hope they send to spain tomorrow

I guess that tomorrow could be our day :) as its past 08:00PM in Shanghai and i do not know untill what time they process and prepare iMAC's... lets cross fingers!!!

Flukem

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Kansas City
Mine buzzed through Indianapolis last night and is now in Kansas City. I suppose there is a slim chance of delivery today, but tomorrow looks like a sure thing.:D

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I'm in Canada, and my iMac just arrived in Louisville via UPS. Louisville is usually the last stop before Toronto, yet my delivery date is still for Monday. Anyone else in the same boat?

It takes time to transfer from to the dog sled at the border. (JK - I'm also from Canada). Seriously, though, I've had FedEx shipments sit at my local facility for a day or more before being sent out to me, depending on the shipping arrangements.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I guess that tomorrow could be our day :) as its past 08:00PM in Shanghai and i do not know untill what time they process and prepare iMAC's... lets cross fingers!!!

You may be in for a treat who knows I'm not in Spain but my status changed to preparing for shipment just minutes ago. Good luck :D

Rove

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2012
I just checked my fedex tracking and mine made it all the way from Alaska to my destination sort facility at 5:22 AM (I am in NYC).

It still says scheduled delivery by tomorrow by 10:30 but I wonder if there is a chance it will go out for delivery today since its in the city :D

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I just checked my fedex tracking and mine made it all the way from Alaska to my destination sort facility at 5:22 AM (I am in NYC).

It still says scheduled delivery by tomorrow by 10:30 but I wonder if there is a chance it will go out for delivery today since its in the city :D

How long did it take to get from preparing to where you are now? Hmm hopefully I'll get mine a lot sooner than the 21-28

----------

As expected, I woke up this morning and yep, still processing.

I feel for you mine just changed minutes ago:eek:

Rove

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2012
How long did it take to get from preparing to where you are now? Hmm hopefully I'll get mine a lot sooner than the 21-28

Mine went to preparing for shipment with he first wave of reports (Dec 9th I Believe) and shipped out Dec 10th.

I did pay the $30 for the 2-3 day shipping.

echomango

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
I put up a poll to try and determine the percentages of people who are still processing/preparing to ship/shipped. The time that you ordered is a variable so we should be able to see the number of those who ordered very early and are still processing and compare that with those who ordered later and are further along. You can find it here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1506411/

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Mine finally went to preparing for shipment!!! There is hope :D btw i ordered on the 30th 5 mins after it went live in Australia. Also my CC has not been charged yet....

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
My status just changed, in the last half hour, to "preparing for shipment"

Order placed at about 6:30am eastern time on 11/30, maxed out except for RAM (which arrived from Amazon today). Last name, D, if we're pursuing that theory :)

Time to start cleaning up the desk!

I'm still in Processing, but at least I now have pending charges on my credit card. I haven't made it to the end of the thread, but I was about 4.5 hours ahead of you, live in the Midwest, and start with F.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.