Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Kind of annoyed that the beta program ignores your iTunes and App Store setting to not automatically download updates. 1.5gb is not trivial for some internet plans and we might appreciate the control over what network we use to obtain the update.

As it stands I just used up a chunk of my parents internet while visiting them.

Not cool, Apple.
That setting never applied to iOS updates.

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
That setting never applied to iOS updates.

Ah, thanks for that clarification. I mistakenly thought that it had been made to include OS updates because I know there had been consternation over this auto downloading as far back as ios7.

Either way, i really wish they would give us the option to manage our own downloads. it feels like a d*** move to assume that if you are visitor on someone else's wifi it's ok to silently just pull down multi gigabyte files.

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
UK
Anyone's phone unusually slow when trimming video clips (1080p)? On my 6S Plus it lags a lot and freezes.. Could be my video as it was taken off a GoPro and then converted

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Has this issue been fixed on the iPad music app? "New" tab has no way to access more top charts. Obvious bug since 9.3 on my iPad Pro. No .....quitting or restarting doesn't fix this.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 251

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Ah, thanks for that clarification. I mistakenly thought that it had been made to include OS updates because I know there had been consternation over this auto downloading as far back as ios7.

Either way, i really wish they would give us the option to manage our own downloads. it feels like a d*** move to assume that if you are visitor on someone else's wifi it's ok to silently just pull down multi gigabyte files.
Does your parents home internet connection have a data cap? iOS doesn't allow you to download updates over cellular, so I'm not really sure why it would matter. 1.5GB is a drop in the bucket for most home internet connections these days.

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
Does your parents home internet connection have a data cap? iOS doesn't allow you to download updates over cellular, so I'm not really sure why it would matter. 1.5GB is a drop in the bucket for most home internet connections these days.

Not in Canada! They have 75gb. And they went over last month and had to go a week with minimal usage that still racked themselves up $20 in overages.

Anyway, I know it's a useful feature for many, i just wish the same option for auto/manual downloads that applies to apps, songs and videos could also exist for OS updates.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Not in Canada! They have 75gb. And they went over last month and had to go a week with minimal usage that still racked themselves up $20 in overages.

Anyway, I know it's a useful feature for many, i just wish the same option for auto/manual downloads that applies to apps, songs and videos could also exist for OS updates.
Agreed. When I was using 16GB iPhones, I always struggle to keep about 1 GB or so free at all times just in case… But I remember it was always frustrating to have a new iOS automatically download and take up that little bit of space that I was always trying to keep free. By the way I didn't realize ISPs in Canada have data caps! That's unreal! I used almost 75GB of cellular data on my phone last month. I can't even imagine how much wifi data I've consumed...it's not metered on Verizon FiOS. That's a bummer man!

dyt1983

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2014
USA USA USA

I agree, there are a lot of reasons it should be that way. For instance if one has several similar iOS devices in the household, one download could update all of them. Another is that iOS decides when and where to download the update itself, and since Apple can saturate most home broadband connections, an errant iOS update download could kill an important gaming match. And locally we still have broadband where some high-speed plans still have 100GB caps, and I'm talking about in communities where a lot of tech company workers reside. Strangely, Silicon Valley has some of the worst residential internet connectivity.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
To Mirollin91. I also have an Air2 and battery Life with 9.3.1 seems to have worsened. Please let me know if 9.3.2 seems better. Thanks !
Better if you do a complete restore. Updating didn't make a difference. 9.0.2/9.2.1/9.3Beta were still the best for me.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida

Lol, do ppl pay for wifi by the gb like cellular where you come from or something??
I've been buying high speed for 17 years now, from a WIDE variety of providers & have never had one that had a cap.
The only one I can think of is satellite internet like Hughes Net or something.

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
Lol, do ppl pay for wifi by the gb like cellular where you come from or something??
I've been buying high speed for 17 years now, from a WIDE variety of providers & have never had one that had a cap.
The only one I can think of is satellite internet like Hughes Net or something.

$1.50/gb overage fees for home internet on Rogers in Canada. I have a 300gb plan with a different provider so it normally isn't an issue, but I'm staying with family right now, and their 75gb can get eaten up quickly.

I count 5 iOS devices here, so a 1.5gb OS upgrade will pull 7.5gb here. I've been purposefully avoiding updating apps on my phone while I've been here, and app updates would average several gb every week as well.

Don't even start on mobile here. I was lucky enough to get a 6gb promo plan a few years back, but the average plan now starts at 500mb and can easily run for $80. things actually seem to be regressing here. :(

Reactions: Tycho24

Dave_iPhone6s

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2016
I have a question about the settings for iTunes & App Store. As you can see in the attached screenshot, I want the app store to use my mobile data as soon as there’s an update on any of my apps. This has NEVER worked for me and my question is this: Isn’t the idea behind this functionality that it’s supposed to update even if you’re not connected to a wifi network?

Attachments

• IMG_0247.PNG
    IMG_0247.PNG
    148.6 KB · Views: 196

arvs47

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2015
Now India Later Worldwide
What I think is pathetic is someone who sits there in the cellular menu and scrolls it up and down repeatedly and notices the fps drop below 60fps and then whines about it in an Internet forum.

It's something that really doesn't matter that much. It's one submenu that apple hasn't smoothed over because it's not a big deal! Everything still works in it! Maybe someday they will smooth it over. Maybe not.

My CC center was a little choppy up till 9.3 and it didn't really bother me. Sure did bug lots of people though. Blows my mind.

As for the coretime bug... Do we even know what this is? Is it actually a bug or just some automatic log they are using to track something daily? It shows up in my log too daily. My phone is working fine. I could sit an nit pick everything to death or I could just use my phone and be happy. I choose the latter.
[doublepost=1460365672][/doublepost]
What I think is pathetic is someone who sits there in the cellular menu and scrolls it up and down repeatedly and notices the fps drop below 60fps and then whines about it in an Internet forum.

It's something that really doesn't matter that much. It's one submenu that apple hasn't smoothed over because it's not a big deal! Everything still works in it! Maybe someday they will smooth it over. Maybe not.

My CC center was a little choppy up till 9.3 and it didn't really bother me. Sure did bug lots of people though. Blows my mind.

As for the coretime bug... Do we even know what this is? Is it actually a bug or just some automatic log they are using to track something daily? It shows up in my log too daily. My phone is working fine. I could sit an nit pick everything to death or I could just use my phone and be happy. I choose the latter.

It's a sub menu but we really care cause we don't have 24*7 unlimited data so data is costly
And we want to know what's taking our data also the mobile data menu sometimes won't off it shows off if stay there and comes back from previous settings page then it shows on
It's still disappointment a shutter lag there a main sub menu
Cc centre really fine it smooth no shutter lag
Coretime bug I don't what's that I googled many times no solution after install iOS 9.2.1 it stopped but after some restart it again comes up
Its Actually a log daily fills diagnosis and usage
It's Is something related to time set time of day....

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
After using it for 3-4 days, I can say that this beta is very poor compared to 9.3.1

Apps crash left and right. Airplay stops working randomly and we need to reboot our phone.

All this on 6S Plus with DFU install and phone set up as new.

GekkoEightySix

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2014
I'm not sure I've seen this before when I tried to install PB profile. Does  Watch will have PB as well? I'm running 9.3.1

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 221

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I'm not sure I've seen this before when I tried to install PB profile. Does  Watch will have PB as well? I'm running 9.3.1
No, you just have to select iPhone. All it does is select where the profile is going, and because it's am iOS 9 profile it will do nothing if you select watch.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Infinity's Watch app no longer works on my Mini 4. It launches but all I get is a "loading" page. Also, Mail has crashed on my iPhone 6s.

Baby12

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2015
Stavanger
Please don't worry. When iOS 10 will be unveiled new bugs will come with new software. Hopefully I'm aware man so I'm not gonna update my current iPhone 6 until I'll get 7.

And new topics will come out again. People will complain about battery drain stutters and others. I'm looking forward for jailbreak. This might resolve most of problem and helps to avoid newer update

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
$1.50/gb overage fees for home internet on Rogers in Canada. I have a 300gb plan with a different provider so it normally isn't an issue, but I'm staying with family right now, and their 75gb can get eaten up quickly.

I count 5 iOS devices here, so a 1.5gb OS upgrade will pull 7.5gb here. I've been purposefully avoiding updating apps on my phone while I've been here, and app updates would average several gb every week as well.

Don't even start on mobile here. I was lucky enough to get a 6gb promo plan a few years back, but the average plan now starts at 500mb and can easily run for $80. things actually seem to be regressing here. :(
Wow! That's insane! And we think we have it bad in the States! I guess that has some sort of affect on Netflix and any other streaming services on Canada.

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
Battery is satisfying in this beta more than happy

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 247
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.