Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
BTW, the current version of Couria on the BigBoss repo is 0.5.1 and it's for iOS 6. The version from the beta repository cydia.qusic.me for iOS7 & Arm64 is 0.6~beta2 (as of 1/22).

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
looks awesome and works flawless thus far. thx for the heads up. cant wait for a whatsapp, viber, fb add on

Tigrao

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
Has anyone got Couria running properly on an iPad Air? It seems to me like it runs and tries to pop up the QR/QC interface, but nothing is displayed. The screen is non-responsive after performing an action that would pop up the QR/QC because it acts like the interface is there, but invisible.

Silver Sun

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
The Beta is working great. However, it doesn't seem to be working with group iMessage convos, anyone else seeing this problem?

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
QC/QR is great! This was the only reason why I installed BiteSMS!

Quick question for you guys, is QR possible when receiving a message while say I'm browsing the web or using an app? QR only comes up if my screen is locked.

Tigrao

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
QC/QR is great! This was the only reason why I installed BiteSMS!

Quick question for you guys, is QR possible when receiving a message while say I'm browsing the web or using an app? QR only comes up if my screen is locked.

QR comes up fine for me on my iPhone 5 when I'm browsing or in any other app.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
QR comes up fine for me on my iPhone 5 when I'm browsing or in any other app.

Really? I just ran a test and had someone msg me while I was on the home screen and no QR came up, it does if I swipe to view in Notifications... :confused:

Tigrao

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
Really? I just ran a test and had someone msg me while I was on the home screen and no QR came up, it does if I swipe to view in Notifications... :confused:

Are you tapping on the notification banner? That is what I am doing. If you just want the QR to immediately come up then go set Messages to use alerts, rather than banners, in notification center.

Last edited:

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Are you tapping on the notification banner? That is what I am doing. If you just want the QR to immediately come up then go set Messages to use alerts, rather than banners, in nonfiction center.

Got it, that's what I was doing wrong! Thank you sir!

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Great find I've had the repo for a week but just haven't installed..

Anyone hear anything about keyboard orientation in QC/QR? Would like the option for landscape typing.

thenewone

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
Great find I've had the repo for a week but just haven't installed..

Anyone hear anything about keyboard orientation in QC/QR? Would like the option for landscape typing.

If you receive a text in the portrait orientation and open for QR, it stays in portrait (can't rotate to landscape); however, if you receive and open in landscape, it allows for landscape QR orientation. As it is still in beta, I'm sure these little things will be sorted out before the final release.

On another note, does anyone know where the theme folder and/or .plist files are located for Couria?

tvotony

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
A simpler iOS 7 QuickReply tweak that takes advantage of iOS's native "quick ...

The only thing that I dislike about this tweak is that when the device is locked it turns the screen on plus when it pops up it doesn't ring

Last edited:

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Also noticed you can send pics from quick reply but they don't show up unless you exit QR and open messages app.

Also not sure who you really text because only numbers show instead of home, cell, etc.

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
A simpler iOS 7 QuickReply tweak that takes advantage of iOS's native "quick ...

Also not sure who you really text because only numbers show instead of home, cell, etc.

That's probably just a beta issue. I've noticed it doing that on some of my contacts, not all though. Have you reported it to the developer?

Vctr

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012
Just downloaded Couria and its THE BEST. Whats even cooler is that its open source and developers can incorporate Couria into other messaging apps. Anybody want to try their hand at integrating it with Google Hangouts? :)

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
On another note, does anyone know where the theme folder and/or .plist files are located for Couria?

https://github.com/Qusic/Couria/blob/master/README.md

"How to make themes"

Just downloaded Couria and its THE BEST. Whats even cooler is that its open source and developers can incorporate Couria into other messaging apps. Anybody want to try their hand at integrating it with Google Hangouts? :)

+1 for hangouts. Facebook messenger would be nice too.

bLaZ3n

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Its cool, I definitely like its simplicity and sleekness with iOS7.

But my only problem is: When I get a text alert banner at the top and its from a Person in a Group Chat, the Quick Reply opens up to respond to that person directly instead to all participants in that group chat. (Maybe this is happening because of the way I set up my text notifications)

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
+1 for hangouts. Facebook messenger would be nice too.

"+1" for hangouts? I see what you did there. :D (Unintentional?)

I could see this tweak being extended to work with many messaging apps. :)

Anyways, if a JB Developer could create this, why didn't Apple incorporate this feature into iOS already? Makes me wonder. :confused:

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010

Its cool, I definitely like its simplicity and sleekness with iOS7.

But my only problem is: When I get a text alert banner at the top and its from a Person in a Group Chat, the Quick Reply opens up to respond to that person directly instead to all participants in that group chat. (Maybe this is happening because of the way I set up my text notifications)

Looks like the new update fixed group chats.

"+1" for hangouts? I see what you did there. :D (Unintentional?)

I could see this tweak being extended to work with many messaging apps. :)

Anyways, if a JB Developer could create this, why didn't Apple incorporate this feature into iOS already? Makes me wonder. :confused:

Ha! Apple is pretty conservative with the changes they make to ios. They even hired the dev of mobile notifier almost 3 years ago and still haven't incorporated quick reply. Baffles me some of the choices they DON'T make sometimes. I recently found an old iPod 2nd gen with jailbroken ios 3 on it and it has nearly every feature stock ios 7 has in it in some form via tweaks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.