Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bLaZ3n

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Looks like the new update fixed group chats.

Ha! Apple is pretty conservative with the changes they make to ios. They even hired the dev of mobile notifier almost 3 years ago and still haven't incorporated quick reply. Baffles me some of the choices they DON'T make sometimes. I recently found an old iPod 2nd gen with jailbroken ios 3 on it and it has nearly every feature stock ios 7 has in it in some form via tweaks.

Is the update available?

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Not actually using couria yet (I prefer not to use beta tweaks)...but I'd definitely like to when it is out of beta! :D It would be great if this could be extended to FB Messenger and certain apps that are used to message people from various networks (ex. imo.im, which supports google, yahoo, AIM, etc.)

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Not actually using couria yet (I prefer not to use beta tweaks)...but I'd definitely like to when it is out of beta! :D It would be great if this could be extended to FB Messenger and certain apps that are used to message people from various networks (ex. imo.im, which supports google, yahoo, AIM, etc.)

Quite stable for a beta. I don't have any issues. It's nice not running into bitesms bugs and crashes anymore. I believe the tweak is intended to be extended to other messaging apps but other devs would have to pick it up.

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
I tried it, it's not a bad tweak for beta, but it had one major issue on my phone. Even when I had messages enabled to appear in the notification center in the notification settings, they never would appear there. So if I am not looking at my phone when I get the text, I would have no clue that I ever got one. Since there's no message in the NC and no icon on the status bar like with bite... The only issues I had with it.

This happen with anyone else?

Silver Sun

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
I tried it, it's not a bad tweak for beta, but it had one major issue on my phone. Even when I had messages enabled to appear in the notification center in the notification settings, they never would appear there. So if I am not looking at my phone when I get the text, I would have no clue that I ever got one. Since there's no message in the NC and no icon on the status bar like with bite... The only issues I had with it.

This happen with anyone else?

Doesn't happen for me. Something definitely wrong with that, bad install maybe? I'd give it another go, it really is a great small tweak.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Pics not showing in the quick reply bugs me. Hopefully that changes.

Same but doesn't bug me. Otherwise it has been pretty solid. Some UI things could use improvement - i.e. when a conversation loads you see it scrolling to end vs just starting from the last point - but its beta. Completely usable and a good experience as it exists right now.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Not having pictures in quick reply doesn't bug me either, but I would definitely like it in the future. Forgot 1 bug I do experience. When taking a photo from quick compose it will be rotated when inserted/sent. I asked the dev but he said he's not sure he can fix it.

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
So when I updated to the new beta 3 it actually stopped my group chat from working all my single chats worked fine with the pop up and everything but my group chats just take me like its stock. I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not? Anyone care to help and explain what might be wrong?

bLaZ3n

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
So when I updated to the new beta 3 it actually stopped my group chat from working all my single chats worked fine with the pop up and everything but my group chats just take me like its stock. I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not? Anyone care to help and explain what might be wrong?

I actually don't mind how the group chat is set up right now through Quick Reply, but it would be cool to reply as a text comes in, instead of being taken back to the messages app first.

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
I actually don't mind how the group chat is set up right now through Quick Reply, but it would be cool to reply as a text comes in, instead of being taken back to the messages app first.

We'll doesn't quick reply have only one meaning? And there is no option to quick reply due to the fact that it takes you straight into the app? I am sorry if I am missing something I'm a little confused if this is intended this way or it's still a bug being kinked out.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
not sure if its a beta 3 or a issue with this tweak but when i try to send a contact via iMessage the app freezes? like i cant click he send button or anything in the text field

Eclektick

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2014
Ipad bug?

Has anyone got Couria running properly on an iPad Air? It seems to me like it runs and tries to pop up the QR/QC interface, but nothing is displayed. The screen is non-responsive after performing an action that would pop up the QR/QC because it acts like the interface is there, but invisible.

Having the same issue on an iPad 4, anyone know a solution?

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Just downloaded update to latest beta and crashing into safe mode. Anyone else?

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Was happening to me, I had done 2 other tweak updates but wasn't sure which was the culprite. Every respring would cause it to load up in safe mode. A reboot actually caused me to lose service. Will be uninstalling until the next beta fixes this issue.

thenewone

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013

Was happening to me, I had done 2 other tweak updates but wasn't sure which was the culprite. Every respring would cause it to load up in safe mode. A reboot actually caused me to lose service. Will be uninstalling until the next beta fixes this issue.

From the developer @QusicS:
"Beta4 crash is caused by Flipswitch 1.0.2. Please add rpetrich's repo and update to Flipswitch 1.0.3. http://rpetri.ch/repo"

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
"Beta4 crash is caused by Flipswitch 1.0.2. Please add rpetrich's repo and update to Flipswitch 1.0.3. http://rpetri.ch/repo"
Is flipswitch something that is installed by default? I dont recall installing it after jailbreaking.

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011

Yes! I had to remove it

----------

I don't have flipswitch installed and couldn't get out of safe mode until I removed Couria

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011

updating flipswitch worked. Has to be downloaded from above repo.

Don't see anything new with the recent update though. Still cant see images from the quick reply screen, only on messages app itself. Still not able to tell which phone number is which when composing either. Does anyone know what has been updated????

****New issue***

Now it crashes on the quick compose screen when trying to select a contact. This is not ready for prime time yet, back to bitesms....

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
So is anyone's group chat quick reply working I don't know what's going on but mine have not worked for awhile now. Works perfectly with a one on one chat.

Chargerdan

macrumors member
May 24, 2011
Is flipswitch something that is installed by default? I dont recall installing it after jailbreaking.

It's one of the default programs. You have to change your user type to Developer to see it listed.

After adding the repo I was able to update Flipswitch and the latest beta is working for me.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
updating flipswitch worked. Has to be downloaded from above repo.

Don't see anything new with the recent update though. Still cant see images from the quick reply screen, only on messages app itself. Still not able to tell which phone number is which when composing either. Does anyone know what has been updated????

****New issue***

Now it crashes on the quick compose screen when trying to select a contact. This is not ready for prime time yet, back to bitesms....

Pictures show up as [Photo]Tap to View. Clicking them opens up a preview. And when composing it should just pull contacts? I did see a crash in QC when typing out a contact today but it hasn't happened again. I've had many more crashes with bite. Neither are perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.