Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
It's great to be alive during this time in history! Think about it. Not too far in the future these type of issues will be distant memories of a reckless time of errors mixed with shenanigans and hijinks.

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
Both my Mac and iPhone keep pestering me for my iCloud password. Is this related or another issue I'm having?

richardsonrs

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Was wondering why it kept asking for my password. Waiting for the people who aren't affected to start accusing me of lying. Anybody need my username in a pic next to an iCloud error message?

erio

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2004
Fantastical keeps asking for my iCloud password. I just closed it... Ugh!
They're probably fixing all those iCloud reset problems using Time Machine. :p
So, it might take some time!

Bfarmer38119

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
Memphis
So glad this is happening while I was trying to set up my new iPhone 6 plus. Can't log out of the old iPhone to be able to set up the new one.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Both my Mac and iPhone keep pestering me for my iCloud password. Is this related or another issue I'm having?

It's related. Tim Cook is probably unaware of the issue. To busy counting, and telling people "Only Apple could make such amazing products. Only Apple could make such amazing software and services"

But yeah, it's related.

fermat-au

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2009
Australia
With all this problems Apple is having with iCloud, is it time for Apple to outsource all their online serves to a company with experience in the area ... maybe Google? and just concentrate on making gold watches?

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
They are probably trying to fix the iCloud Drive document loss when reseting your iOS device

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
fyi
dailyicloud.png

Fwew

kwmbe

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
Mine down as well. One strange thing. I have two iPhones. When I open mail on one (and just see that it was last updated earlier in the day after it checks for mail) and then on the second I get an app window appearing on the left side of the home screen with an envelope labeled From "first iPhone name". When I tap the icon it opens mail. Not sure which iPhone it is reading from. I only updated the second iPhone to iOS8 today after we got the all clear from work that our apps work.
Very strange. Maybe the two step verification has gone haywire.

DOH!!! All is fine now. When I updated second iPhone 5s Handoff became active. That was my strange behavior as I had not seen it since neither my 17" MBP or iPad HD is Handoff compatible. Just happened at same time as iCloud issue.

Last edited:

iSteve-O

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
Consumer Report just did a test...

Consumers Report: "It's all overblown, there is no issue here."

*Apple proceeds to hand them a bag of money*

iceperson

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2014
Surprised this thread isn't full of apologists saying this is all a ploy by Apple competitors. I guess when it happens to them it's hard to bury their head in the sand...

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I am getting the feeling that Apple is spread too thin at the moment. It's not even so much that things are going wrong - that happens at every company - it's that it's all happening at the same time. :(

When I saw Beats I stopped buying Apple products because it was suddenly obvious that Apple is about to be driven into a hole by management. An arrogant management as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.