Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Yup, super annoying. Hopefully they fix it soon. No point selling Cloud services if they can't acutally provide the services.

OMG!!!!! I'm leaving Dropbox for iCloud Drive. God help me........

Last edited:

TheGrandMoff

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2014
Utah
Server side update

Given the timing, I would suggest that it is probably down so Apple can fix the reset settings bug. At least, I sure hope it is.

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Given the timing, I would suggest that it is probably down so Apple can fix the reset settings bug. At least, I sure hope it is.

8054.image_5F00_thumb_5F00_35C6E986.png

...aaaaand we're back.

nope

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
It's just a minor glitch that Apple will resolve quickly. This happens to everyone including Google. Hopefully everyone can stay calm and avoid any unnecessary drama.

FYI this isn't affecting me at all. I've had 100% uptime with iCloud since the day it launched.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Hm, wonder if that's why my iPhone 6 just will not restore anything. It keeps sticking at the end of that restore progress bar. Either way - sort it out Apple!

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
Sure glad I didn't enable iCloud drive yet!

That's a pretty major bug so I hope they figure it out and users can get their data back.

jm001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Oh for Pete's sake, the clouds' been down before. People panicking for nothing. Sure it's annoying, but it's not the fricken end of the world. We're a bunch of spoiled tech-brats. Relax and all will be fine. Don't get so "bent out of shape" ie. Don't get 6+'d.

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
hope it stays live for a few minutes it'll take me to remove all this iCrap from all of my :apple: devices......

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
There's a problem, feathers, iron
Bargain buildings, weights and pulleys
Feathers hit the ground
Before the weight can leave the air

Buy the cloud and sell the cloud
And tell the cloud, and tell the cloud
Fall on me (what is it up in the air for)
Fall on me (if it's there for long)
Fall on me (it's over, it's over me)

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
This is why I don't like "cloud" services. My data, my servers, my control. If something goes wrong, I'm the one who can fix it. Much better.

Yeah sure, cause if your home server goes down because your ISP ducked something up and your internet is down YOU are the one who fixes it. You actually CAN do something about it.. Suuuuuuure...

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Yeah sure, cause if your home server goes down because your ISP ducked something up and your internet is down YOU are the one who fixes it. You actually CAN do something about it.. Suuuuuuure...

And I am sure he can replace/fix his own servers in less than 5 hours time too! Must be nice to have money.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Oh for Pete's sake, the clouds' been down before. People panicking for nothing. Sure it's annoying, but it's not the fricken end of the world. We're a bunch of spoiled tech-brats. Relax and all will be fine. Don't get so "bent out of shape" ie. Don't get 6+'d.

Right? Maybe they are testing new thing, like apple pay, like sms relay or something else. Maybe they are implementing them right now to iCloud. The report says for SOME users, in fact i don't have any problems with it, but people are so goddamn arrogant and feel so entitled.. "i can't send an iMessage.. i can't take this BS anymore!!!!!!!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.