Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I'm trying to restore all content and settings on my iPhone 6 and it says verification failed, there was error connecting to iCloud. What am I doing wrong?

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
And I am sure he can replace/fix his own servers in less than 5 hours time too! Must be nice to have money.

not even money can buy you THAT control of the situation. some people are just delusional and feel so "special" they have their own server that according to them is guaranteed 100% uptime 24/7/365 .

gijoeinla

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hm, wonder if that's why my iPhone 6 just will not restore anything. It keeps sticking at the end of that restore progress bar. Either way - sort it out Apple!

Um that may absolutely nothing to do with iCloud, it's services etc...

My iPhone 6+ took some days to finish restoring from a backup...
Why?

I had 9000 photos, videos, etc at 40 gb...And one app was corrupted...Should I blame Apple for everything? Are they now too responsible for the viability all of my content, every single file, every single app, the web traffic at the time, your ISP's BS, etc etc etc?? Seriously.

People, its' OVER THE AIR... Do you expect miracles??

Btw -- restore only works if you LEAVE THE PHONE ALONE. If you are using the phone constantly -- like you can't put it down since its a new device, we've all been there -- that delays your backup completing.

In the scheme of things...take my iCloud -- I have an iPad back up, a 5s back up, a 5c back up, a 6+ back up, all under ONE iCloud account... Less than 3 years ago this was unheard of, so I think they are doing a pretty damn good job being able to manage my 9000 photos, videos etc and get them back onto my device OVER THE AIR....

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
hope it stays live for a few minutes it'll take me to remove all this iCrap from all of my :apple: devices......

You should move to Google Drive I'm sure you will be much more tolerant when they have yet another outage. They have had quite a few this year that no one talks about at all. Whats funny is if you do a Bing search a ton of articles with people complaining about it comes up. They had one in February, 3 in one week of March lasting as long as 3 hours for over a third of users. Another in June. An this is just Google Drive. Why don't we hear anything about these significant outages?

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Go for it.

Dropbox has had multiple outages, as have google, and OneDrive.

Funny how when Google or Microsoft services go down (and they certainly do), few bat an eye.

An Apple service goes down even for 10 minutes and everyone goes nuts.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
You should move to Google Drive I'm sure you will be much more tolerant when they have yet another outage. They have had quite a few this year that no one talks about at all. Whats funny is if you do a Bing search a ton of articles with people complaining about it comes up. They had one in February, 3 in one week of March lasting as long as 3 hours for over a third of users. Another in June. An this is just Google Drive. Why don't we hear anything about these significant outages?

because we aren't listening about non-factors like them

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Yup, super annoying. Hopefully they fix it soon. No point selling Cloud services if they can't actually provide the services.

They get all the attention, but Google's Services have been down numerous times this year. Google drive at least 6 times

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
When I saw Beats I stopped buying Apple products because it was suddenly obvious that Apple is about to be driven into a hole by management. An arrogant management as well.

I think that's a bit exaggerated, imo. I just think they need to hire more people and tighten management at the upper levels.

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
An outage of about an hour or so is not the end of the world, but it still erodes confidence in iCloud.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
It's just a minor glitch that Apple will resolve quickly. This happens to everyone including Google. Hopefully everyone can stay calm and avoid any unnecessary drama.

FYI this isn't affecting me at all. I've had 100% uptime with iCloud since the day it launched.

This entire month have been nothing but screw ups. This has to be the biggest roller coaster rides in any companies history. Crap; nude pictures are still being slowly released from that iCloud breach.

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
An outage of about an hour or so is not the end of the world, but it still erodes confidence in iCloud.

I'd be more worried about the type of confidence that gets you getting laid. like.. for an hour. to cover the outage of iCloud.
confidence, lol.

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008

So the three times in one week that Google Drive was down in March for as long as 3 hours should really erode your confidence in them. Drop Box had a 3 hour outage in January of this year and several smaller ones since. They just don't get the same press that Apple does.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/26...gle-drive-hit-by-three-outages-this-week.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/10/dropbox-suffers-outage/

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
This entire month have been nothing but screw ups. This has to be the biggest roller coaster rides in any companies history. Crap; nude pictures are still being slowly released from that iCloud breach.

No. Just a lot of haters trying to impede Apples product releases. There have been quite a few hacks, breaches and major outages affecting far more people for much longer times from Google and DropBox this year. Where is the outrage?

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
I don't trust "clouds" any further than I can throw one, especially with all the recent bozo eruptions at Apple.

gijoeinla

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

And I think THIS COMPANY is attempting to do a ton of new things trying hard to keep people like you from complaining...

Two brand new products, a global launch, totally new back end on iOS to bring YOU more features, more flexibility, etc etc etc...

Do you yourself ever stop, stop for one second and think about Apple managing it's incredible growth, the production of parts in the tens of millions, production of the units in the TENS OF MILLIONS in a couple of months time, quality control, software installs, packaging, distribution under tight security, managing 4 separate carriers, producing packaging for 3 color variants, different memory sizes, locked phones, unlocked phones, getting the correct phones in the right packaging, managing the distribution of all that alone, talking ONLY the US, factor in the rest of the world, carriers, LANGUAGES, currencies, etc etc etc etc etc.

Some honest Perspective is really needed here. What company on earth today is attempting such a feat in such a short time to try to keep so many satisfied... Yea admit it, its a VERY TALL ORDER... So cut them some ********* slack...

Stop with the entitlement whining and attempt this stuff yourself and then talk.

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
It's related. Tim Cook is probably unaware of the issue. To busy counting, and telling people "Only Apple could make such amazing products. Only Apple could make such amazing software and services"

But yeah, it's related.

In Cooks defense, he did promise excitement ;)

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
I'd be more worried about the type of confidence that gets you getting laid. like.. for an hour. to cover the outage of iCloud.
confidence, lol.

I don't get the joke. What so funny about not being confident in having one's data on a remote server?

Enlighten me...

----------

Hoping you meant to say "confidence in CLOUD services in general", Over the Air is exactly what it says...

Certainly cloud services in general, but I was referring specifically to Apple's iCloud services in this particular context.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.