Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
And just when I thought Merle seemed to be ok he decides to kidnap Maggie and Glenn, I'm not going to be happy with this outcome :(

Last edited:

MusicEnthusiast

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Los Angeles
Who thought tonight's episode was BEYOND EPIC?!?!?

It's too bad they're holding off the latter half of the series till February. The wait is gonna kill me!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
We finally got glimpses of the comic Governor in this episode. The motivation for Michonne's actions seems a bit unclear to me though.

This whole parallel universe thing is a bit frustrating now that Tyreese is here, who know what role he will have. In the book he dies not to far from now in the story line, but we've got a lot more invested in him.

Weird.

B

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
We finally got glimpses of the comic Governor in this episode. The motivation for Michonne's actions seems a bit unclear to me though.

This whole parallel universe thing is a bit frustrating now that Tyreese is here, who know what role he will have. In the book he dies not to far from now in the story line, but we've got a lot more invested in him.

Weird.

B

Ugh,, February can't come soon enough. I so want to know what is going to happen to the brothers.

It seems the governor has stepped over the insane line and maybe we will see some good stuff from him.

What a way to end the season, hell of a cliff hanger at that.

Did anybody else catch Andrea's face when she see's the hood removed from Daryl!!! Going to be interesting to see if she stays with the governor or Ricks group.

In the previews we see her go the prison.....

Did I mention February can't come soon enough.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas

What are you confused about? She's always thought the Governor was hiding things and that he had sinister motives. The fact that he sent people to kill her after she left was the final straw.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I agree about Andrea, she is watered down and this new thing with the Governor is from left field as there was not even a hint of this type of relationship with any female and the Governor in the book .

The Governor is trying to keep Andrea under his thumb, in a blatantly misogynistic way. Did you notice her frustration when he directed her to check on the residents, rather than help his soldiers repel the "invaders"? He might as well have said "Shut yer whore mouth, woman-- us men's are talkin'!"

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
What are you confused about? She's always thought the Governor was hiding things and that he had sinister motives. The fact that he sent people to kill her after she left was the final straw.

I just find it very weak compared to the book. She had much stronger reasons to do what she did to him in the book.

I get that she wants to take out the Governor because she has a bad gut feeling about him, but that just doesn't seem like enough to sit in wait for him at his home where he would potentially have come in with allies.

B

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Who thought tonight's episode was BEYOND EPIC?!?!?

It was very good!

This whole parallel universe thing is a bit frustrating now that Tyreese is here, who know what role he will have.

I just find it very weak compared to the book. She had much stronger reasons to do what she did to him in the book.

I get that she wants to take out the Governor because she has a bad gut feeling about him, but that just doesn't seem like enough to sit in wait for him at his home where he would potentially have come in with allies.

I was surprised to see Tyreese. I always thought TDog took his place. Then I thought the convict took his place. Well, move over TDog and the convict (who bit it). Referencing the comic and Tyreese, was one of those other show characters, his daughter's boyfriend? Did not seem like it. Wink... ;)

In the book, there were clear and brutal reasons for the conflict between Michonne and the Governor, a reason for her to sit in wait for him. In the comic he had no redeeming qualities and was a sadistic monster. Compared to the payback he got in the comic, a shard of glass in the eye was relatively mild, lol. I agree that Michone's motivations in the show are decidedly weak, other than she suspected he was a bad guy and he did try to kill her after letting her go. This has been incredibly watered down due to the nature of AMC. I can't overemphasize how brutal the comic is in comparison.

Did anybody else catch Andrea's face when she see's the hood removed from Daryl!!! Going to be interesting to see if she stays with the governor or Ricks group.

Yes! :)

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas

I'm sure the book has much more depth of story and character development. I'm just saying that from the perspective of someone who watches the show only that her motives for wanting to kill him seemed pretty clear.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My wife didn't think it was that clear, and she hasn't read the book. ;)

B

Well The Gov did send people to kill her after letting her go. Maybe she bears grudges. For anyone who has not read the comic, if and when you do, there will be no doubt, no inference required to understand what motivates her. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Sad to see spoiler> Merle <end spoiler go. Based on character, a surprising choice. Too bad they had to kill the character off. Looking forward to next week's finale.

This week, watched the Talking Dead show afterwards where they discuss what just happened in the episode and guest David Morrissey, The Governor. A shocker (for me at least), his English accent ! ;) But it is interesting, instead of having the Governor be bad from the very start, they chose to move him from relatively decent to bad. Or it can be argued that he has been bad, but has been good at hiding it until now. Now Andrea is spoiler> sitting in the dentist chair <end spoiler and I wonder what she has to look forward to?? Some very brutal things happened in the comic, but this isn't the comic.

Last edited:

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
this isn't the comic.

The preview at the end of the show and in Talking Dead made that abundantly clear. Something will happen that has nothing to do with the comic.

It kind of hinted at them abandoning the prison, and since Lori is already dead the Governor will not meet his end for quite the same reason. (In the comic he is killed by one of his own after killing Lori and Judith).

"Nice" to see the Governor coming closer and closer to his comic book counterpart in brutality. What will he do to Andrea? Will Daryl make it bacl to the prison in time?

B

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio

"Nice" to see the Governor coming closer and closer to his comic book counterpart in brutality. What will he do to Andrea? Will Daryl make it bacl to the prison in time?

Oh yeah, Daryl will make it back, deus ex machina style.

However, I have a strong hunch about one potential killing (SPOILER): Milton. The actor portraying Milton has reportedly signed to work on another television series, so he's as good as gone. My wild guess? Andrea uses Milton somehow to get free of the chair and/or offs him on her way out. (END SPOILER) Nevertheless, this should be one interesting finale.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Since the wife is gone and in the arch of the comic book the wife and child are killed. I am wondering if they will take it so far as to say, Carol and the child are killed during the battle, if there is a battle. Pay homage to the comic book and then have the governers troops turn on him.

But for some reason the prison already looked empty when they showed the previews.

I actually liked the way Merle bit the dust. We were able to see a small shred of humanity if you will and to see him possibly thinking about the others as opposed to himself. Fitting to see his brother do the final deed on him.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Since the wife is gone and in the arch of the comic book the wife and child are killed. I am wondering if they will take it so far as to say, Carol and the child are killed during the battle, if there is a battle. Pay homage to the comic book and then have the governers troops turn on him.

But for some reason the prison already looked empty when they showed the previews.

I actually liked the way Merle bit the dust. We were able to see a small shred of humanity if you will and to see him possibly thinking about the others as opposed to himself. Fitting to see his brother do the final deed on him.

I think Carol and the baby will be killed.

Supposedly a ton of deaths, maybe Herschel and Beth as well from Rick's group.

Really hope the Governer finally bites it as well.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I think Carol and the baby will be killed.

Supposedly a ton of deaths, maybe Herschel and Beth as well from Rick's group.

Really hope the Governer finally bites it as well.

If it plays out like the CB, I know I say that alot, I can see two including the baby from Ricks group, several from the Governer's group including the governer.

Herschel will probably go next season after the battle and they are all in split up.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
I say either Glenn or Hershel Dies tonight ! Gov lives to fight another day ! good possibility Morgan comes to the rescue .

Happy Easter
561223_622178217795867_857185428_n.jpg

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
This was just posted on TWD Facebook page "27 people will die tonight. Who's in your finale death predictions?"

This could mean 1 of 2 things...

1 - everyone will die and that's the show done and over.

2 - 20 of the Govs people will die and 7 important characters will go.

I think that Michonne will die and probably so will Carol they will chuck a curve-ball and kill 2 people that you wont expect like Carl,Glenn or Maggie.

but this is just my predictions.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
1 - everyone will die and that's the show done and over.
Unlikely.
2 - 20 of the Govs people will die and 7 important characters will go.
Why only that split and not 26 from Woodbury and from the prison? :confused:

Rick's group only consists of 10 (Rick, Carl, Judith, Carol, Beth, Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, Daryl, Michonne) So killing 7 of them would be pretty much the same as #1. (11 if you count Andrea, I wouldn't count Tyrese's group in the prison side of the ledger.)

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.