Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleMactablet

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
The two questions are:

1.Can the ipod touch take photos
2.Does the ipod touch still have that chrome back?

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I was hoping for a Nano for my car that had at least 32gb why are they restricting these devices to 16gb? To keep it small there are so many better choices out there now for less money than the Ipod Line.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I've been waiting for this iPod touch for a long, long time and am not disappointed. A retina display, gyroscope, dual cameras, A4 processor and the ability to record 720p video? It's the king now.

Anyone know the resolution of either of the cameras?

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
Hi,

Take Note that the 8GB Touch does not come with microphone headphones. The other models do.

For the price for a mic it may be worth it to jump up to the 32GB so as to take advantage of Skype.

Wait a sec... HOW DOES FACE TIME WORK WITHOUT A MIC? Apple's website isn't working well for me so I can't tell if the Touch itself has a mic.

s.

Cereal

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2008
I don't see a market for the Nano. It seems like money would be better spent on a Shuffle and an 8GB Touch. I will definitely buy an Apple TV for the Netflix streaming.

I just bought the new Nano for one main reason - working out. Built in clip, lightweight, and I don't need to wear that damn armband! So for me, there's a market for the Nano. I like having a display - the shuffle doesn't make sense IMHO.

Meandmunch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Even skinnier huh? Wonder what camera they got in there.

That is the question I cannot find an answer too. It's not even listed in the iPod Specs. Will the camera also be able to do the fancy touch to focus feature the Phone 4 can? Questions man I've got questions! : P

PeterQVenkman

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2005
No flash, no hi-res stills, but the video still looks pretty good.

Probably not as good as the iphone 4. I'll have to wait and see what reviewers say about the new touch.

The Apple TV is what it should have been all those years ago. Cheap, awesome, and it finally does a lot more right.

clientsiman

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
Crete,Greece
46% smaller on the Nano. Who cares? The constant need for Apple to miniaturize their products into uselessness is starting to wear on me.

This should be an iTouch Nano. This is what Apple should have done and kept the original Nano's basic specs. I've officially bought my last Nano. Sad.

Good news is that there are probably deals to be had on last year's Nano models.

I am sure next year nano would be much bigger. I don't think it would be easy to scroll on this tiny display.
I love my 5 gen nano but I think the new one is a failure.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
iPOd touch camera records 720p but only does 960x720 stills. Touch to focus etc all work but that's a low res still.

Look fine on the web but you wouldn't want to make prints,

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Good things from keynote.
-A+ update to ipod touch
-Ipod shuffle is back to gets 2nd gen design good thing!
Meh things from keynote.
-Apple TV - all the things this thing offers me i can get on my ps3 or directly from my HDTV. So it just doesnt seem like a product for me.
-Ipod Nano - Okay kinda cool they were able to shrink the nano to be that small with a screen but it lost so many things, video, video cam, speaker. I miss the click wheel to be frank and honestly it looks like it would be hard to navigate.
Bad Things from keynote.
-Ipod classic was not updated, which i hate, There is still a market for this thing but i guess to apple it's all about ios,touch screens now :(

A Mac Gamer

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2004
US
46% smaller on the Nano. Who cares? The constant need for Apple to miniaturize their products into uselessness is starting to wear on me.

This should be an iTouch Nano. This is what Apple should have done and kept the original Nano's basic specs. I've officially bought my last Nano. Sad.

Good news is that there are probably deals to be had on last year's Nano models.

I agree, I like having the physical click wheel so that in the winter I can skip songs in my pocket without having to take my gloves off. I guess since Apple is located in southern Cal, they don't have this problem.

AppleMactablet

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
I've been waiting for this iPod touch for a long, long time and am not disappointed. A retina display, gyroscope, dual cameras, A4 processor and the ability to record 720p video? It's the king now.

Anyone know the resolution of either of the cameras?

The front one is 0.3 mp VGA but the back is still ?

Scott549

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2010
Disappointing to me; I was really hoping for the 128gb Touch. Looks like it will be another year before we see it. The 3g on the Touch would have been nice too. So what we got was basically the bare minimum of what everyone expected and nothing more.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
Apple really brought it this year. The new iPod Touch is a total win! Can't wait to have it on my hands next week! I don't know if I should pre order it or wait to get it at the Apple store next week!

PeterQVenkman

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2005
iPOd touch camera records 720p but only does 960x720 stills. Touch to focus etc all work but that's a low res still.

Look fine on the web but you wouldn't want to make prints,

I have no idea why they would implement 1280x720 video, but only 960x720 stills. I new they would gimp the still capability on the touch.

Hollows2

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
Uk itv price

How come the apple tv price in the uk equates to £99. Even allowing for the exchange rate plus vat - £74 - this still leaves a shortfall of £25. The usual excuse is shipping charges but surely the difference between shipping to the uk rather than the USA can't be that great. I'm a fanboy but this leaves a rather bitter taste.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Disappointing to me; I was really hoping for the 128gb Touch. Looks like it will be another year before we see it. The 3g on the Touch would have been nice too. So what we got was basically the bare minimum of what everyone expected and nothing more.

-128gb would be to costly do you wanna pay 500 bucks for a ipod touch?
-Lack of 3G would kill iphone sales this thing already has cameras and retina display that is plenty for a "gaming device".
-This has been the best update to the ipod touch since it's release so be happy about it :)

mjohnson1212

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2007
You can't even watch any video on the nano and it costs $130 more than a shuffle.

A huge loss for me compared to the previous generations of nano.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.