Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlowingApple

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2007
Download server still can't be contacted for me, but Nate True posts a direct download link to the 1.1.3 restore image on Apple's site here. Just finished downloading for me, so I'm in the process of trying the restore...

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
There is a price to be paid for the ability to manually manage music.....

iPhone will only sync with one machine, now. No longer can you manage music on your Mac at home and sync with Outlook on your PC at work.

A message comes up stating that the iPhone was sync'd with another computer and do you want to erase or cancel.

Thats because you are changing its preferences from sync to no sync. When you get to your computer housing your music change the manual manage with that iTunes and then it will work fine...

Kedrik

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007
Michigan
Solved

When I first went to update, it downloaded fine, but I disconnected my iPhone during the download and then it gave an error. Now every time I go to redownload the update, it gives me this error :(

This happened to me too, but I went into i-tunes download window and clicked the x after the stopped download and it picked up where it left off.:)

cdavi060

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
so the update takes away the unlock and summerboard correct? The only reason I use it is to change my background. Anyone want to tell more about what happens when updating a hacked phone?

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I just wish I could delete an icon. I don't use the iTunes Download one and I hate how it just sits there alone on the bottom row.

mambodancer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2004
Denver
Music management

The update is a pretty hefty 200+ MB.

Anyway whats the music management you are talking about?

Update works great for me.

You can now manually copy music to your iPhone. Check the box in the iPhone summary tab.

Love the new additions, esp. Maps and rearranging my Home screens. Still want a separate address book app.

mikeinternet

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2006
Oaklnad, CA
Just wanted to report in from a hacked iPhone upgrade. The process went smooth, I did not need to restore my iPhone first, and it's now up and running without Installer.APP! Overall great update and worth losing the Apps!

I think i am still going to hold off. i will miss my apps too much.

Games, voice recording, aim and more, VS. locate me, web clips, and manually manage content.

this is a tough one.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Download server still can't be contacted for me, but Nate True posts a direct download link to the 1.1.3 restore image on Apple's site here. Just finished downloading for me, so I'm in the process of trying the restore...

You should be able to option-click the Update button and manually select the .ipsw file to update if you've already downloaded it.

Direct download link: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...80115.4Fvn7/iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw

Edit: option-clicking Update after manually downloading seems to be working just fine :)

Leney

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008

bennifer3000

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Great update but I still hunger for the ever evasive Flash support.

Add iChat, Flash, Copy/Paste, Horizontal Keyboard and a Sports widget and the iPhone is perfection. :)

Oh and Playlist-specific CoverFlow.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
Last I had heard, there still was no deal in place. Once a deal is in place, it will still take multiple months before a release. This would likely put an actual release in the 4th quarter of 2008, which would fit in my guess that there will be no updated iPhone until late 2008. Just my take on things, we will see though.

I also heard late 2008 for the 3G iPhone.

sergeantmudd

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2002
I don't know how to "option-click." Could you please explain? I've downloaded the file already.

Hold the option button down and then click "Check for Update" A prompt will come up and then select the .zip you just downloaded.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I don't understand why Apple chose the iPhones Dock over the iPod Touch's Leopard Style Dock...that is really my only disappointment.

Alanki30

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Ringtones...

Just installed 1.1.3. Not surprisingly the Ringtones I installed with iToner do not work. They still show up in the Ringtones list on the phone, but when tapped they don't work. Alas.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Camera app is smoother and focuses faster?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.