Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Yes, I believe I have her name in the confirmation email. Thanks! You too! I am doing okay with my meds. Just hoping my voice will keep. I wish I knew someone who had done it with them before, but I'll just keep studying up on my breaks and try to keep calm and confident.

I am sure the hire paperwork will be fine. Just let them know what happened, I think it'll be fine.

I have spoken with two friends of mine who currently are AHA's. Neither of them have told me anything different than what is on these forums! Read through them. Make sure you have examples ready so you're not scrambling to try to think of something on the spot when you're asked about customer service/technical support experiences both good and bad.
I will post again after my interview is over! One hour and 16 minutes to go!!!

drifterlily

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
just found this forum and i am a bit worried

I got the job offer from apple and was sent the new hire paper work
I got it and completed the paperwork and sent it in on friday
I checked my email later only to find out i need to register for a call and i shouldn't send my paperwork until after the call
am i screwed
I hope i didn't kill my chances working with apple

hey joker....so they really just want to make sure you do everything thoroughly and correctly. Did you have the I9 verified properly? That's probably the biggest thing.

Worst case scenario, if something was done incorrectly the E-mail confirmation the day of your paperwork session will have copies of the paperwork and you should be able to fix it at that point.

Just let them know, I'm sure that this isn't going to break your chances with Apple, but I would be honest about the error.

Last edited:

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
I edited my initial post and I'm not sure if that is what I was supposed to do. Sorry I'm new!

My FaceTime interview went great and I'm moving on to round three! I'm so happy that I did not have to wait to receive an email to find out whether or not I made it!

I was so nervous but I definitely did not need to be. It was very laid-back and very personal. It was like sitting and talking with an old friend about Apple products. There was one role-play that was very simple and no technical questions at all. I guess it all comes down to each particular recruiter and how they conduct these interviews. It seems like everyone is different and everyone has a different experience.
I am anxiously awaiting the email so I can sign in and schedule my third and final interview!

WHEW!! So glad that's over!

Saerise

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee
I edited my initial post and I'm not sure if that is what I was supposed to do. Sorry I'm new!

My FaceTime interview went great and I'm moving on to round three! I'm so happy that I did not have to wait to receive an email to find out whether or not I made it!

I was so nervous but I definitely did not need to be. It was very laid-back and very personal. It was like sitting and talking with an old friend about Apple products. There was one role-play that was very simple and no technical questions at all. I guess it all comes down to each particular recruiter and how they conduct these interviews. It seems like everyone is different and everyone has a different experience.
I am anxiously awaiting the email so I can sign in and schedule my third and final interview!

WHEW!! So glad that's over!

Way to go! :D I still have a few hours to go. Did she say it would be for the November class?

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Way to go! :D I still have a few hours to go. Did she say it would be for the November class?

It was originally for the November class but that class has been changed to start in December. I wonder if we will be in the same class together if we make it!

Saerise

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee
Congrats. I'm in the Nov class. Hope to see you guys there!

Congratulations! I really hope so! 15 minutes until my interview. Reading over a few things, and making a few notes. Trying not to get too nervous. But I probably will, anyway. :D This would be a dream job. Best opportunity I've gotten since I graduated.

Antman4344

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2014
Congratulations! I really hope so! 15 minutes until my interview. Reading over a few things, and making a few notes. Trying not to get too nervous. But I probably will, anyway. :D This would be a dream job. Best opportunity I've gotten since I graduated.

Awesome! Tons of empathy and connection with caller while striving for first call resolution. Relax be yourself. Let us know how it goes. Be well!

acesag13

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
Oct 3rd - 1st cold call/interview - 2nd interview scheduled over the phone
Oct 10 - 2nd interview w/ recruiter - told I'm moving on
Oct 10 - received e-mail to schedule 3rd interview
Oct 15th - 3rd interview with Team Manager

Hiring process went well. Nothing I wasn't knowledgeable about I have ALOT of customer service leadership history and am able to speak to it very well. Did three role plays all of which he stopped me on as soon as I gave the answer he was looking for.

Hoping for the offer now!!!

Saerise

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee
Awesome! Tons of empathy and connection with caller while striving for first call resolution. Relax be yourself. Let us know how it goes. Be well!

Got a third interview! It will be next Thursday morning! We did one roleplay and it was a lot of fun! I have a bit of customer service experience, no professional tech support experience, but I do troubleshooting and fixes for friends and family and love to figure new technology out. I was really tired yesterday, so I am just now getting a chance to post. Good luck to you all!

Sounds good, Ace! Perhaps we'll all be in the same group? My recruiter said it would be for iOS.

Antman4344

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2014
Got a third interview! It will be next Thursday morning! We did one roleplay and it was a lot of fun! I have a bit of customer service experience, no professional tech support experience, but I do troubleshooting and fixes for friends and family and love to figure new technology out. I was really tired yesterday, so I am just now getting a chance to post. Good luck to you all!

Sounds good, Ace! Perhaps we'll all be in the same group? My recruiter said it would be for iOS.

Awesome! Keep up that empathy. My third interview was just about getting to know me, and how I handle people. Good Luck!

acesag13

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
Oct 10th - 2nd interview w/ recruiter - told I'm moving on
Oct 10th - received e-mail to schedule 3rd interview
Oct 17th - Call from recruiter - moving on to BGC
Oct 17th - received HireRight e-mail
Oct 17th - HireRight Background turned in

Got the offer to moved on to the BGC!! Very pleasant surprise to get the call so quick. Class will start in Nov!!

Antman4344

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2014
Oct 10th - 2nd interview w/ recruiter - told I'm moving on
Oct 10th - received e-mail to schedule 3rd interview
Oct 17th - Call from recruiter - moving on to BGC
Oct 17th - received HireRight e-mail
Oct 17th - HireRight Background turned in

Got the offer to moved on to the BGC!! Very pleasant surprise to get the call so quick. Class will start in Nov!!

Cool beans! My BGC is completed just waiting for recruiter. My class also Nov. ###

atlya

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014
AHA Exams?

Wow I cant believe I found this forum after reading part one I found part 2 with 2014 candidates, congrats all. With or without going into details can someone who has gone thru the exams shed some light on what are they about or what they include? Thanks you guys!! :apple::apple::apple:

Antman4344

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2014
Well guys this will be my last post as I just received my "official" offer post my successful BGC!!!

Here is my timeline:
Submitted Resume: 9/21/2014
Recruiter call first interview : 09/30/2014
Second Skype Interview: 10/03/2014
Third Skype Interview: 10/09/2014
Call from recruiter for Hire right BGC 10/11/2014 (Saturday)
Hireright email: Received and submitted back on 10/13/2014
Hireright BGC completed on 10/15/2014
Official offer call from recruiting 10/20/2014
Longest week of my life!!!

Few notes that may help someone else: My hire dates on my resume and Apple application was a full year off, but I was able to call previous employer and look in old email and find correct offer dates. I submitted the new info on the BGC and informed my recruiter and I still got the offer!!

Another note: during your interviews be passionate and excited about the process. During role play reiterate the issue... Express empathy...and strive for first call resolution...These steps got me thru all the way to my offer letter!!

I will be in the Nov class. Good Luck everyone!!!

Reactions: Coffeelover01

winkthehouseelf

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2014
Well guys this will be my last post as I just received my "official" offer post my successful BGC!!!

Here is my timeline:
Submitted Resume: 9/21/2014
Recruiter call first interview : 09/30/2014
Second Skype Interview: 10/03/2014
Third Skype Interview: 10/09/2014
Call from recruiter for Hire right BGC 10/11/2014 (Saturday)
Hireright email: Received and submitted back on 10/13/2014
Hireright BGC completed on 10/15/2014
Official offer call from recruiting 10/20/2014
Longest week of my life!!!

Few notes that may help someone else: My hire dates on my resume and Apple application was a full year off, but I was able to call previous employer and look in old email and find correct offer dates. I submitted the new info on the BGC and informed my recruiter and I still got the offer!!

Another note: during your interviews be passionate and excited about the process. During role play reiterate the issue... Express empathy...and strive for first call resolution...These steps got me thru all the way to my offer letter!!

I will be in the Nov class. Good Luck everyone!!!

Congrats! "See" you in training

atlya

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014
Question:

Wow I cant believe I found this forum after reading part one I found part 2 with 2014 candidates, congrats all. With or without going into details can someone who has gone thru the exams shed some light on what are they about or what they include? Thanks you guys!! :apple::apple::apple:

What I mean to ask is during training what are the exams focused on? Is it focused on Apple history or is it based on company procedures and products? Thanks again.

NachoBiz

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
What I mean to ask is during training what are the exams focused on? Is it focused on Apple history or is it based on company procedures and products? Thanks again.
I've not been through training yet, but I have been through a similar type training. Tests are based on what you learn in class. You need to pay attention in class, bookmark important pages, take notes, and you'll be fine. The content of the exams is likely to be the types of things you'll deal with day to day as an AHA.

----------

Congrats! I'm still waiting on my Hireright. They have been in contact with me, but they're just moving sloooowwly! Edit: Hireright says completed! Now for more waiting #

Last edited:

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
I had my third interview today and I think it went very well! we seemed to really connect and now I am just waiting for a phone call!

ReadyFreedy

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
ok So my final interview was the 9th I was offered the job on the 16th for a class in Nov. I got my hire right info on the 16th how long does it take for them to process i am on pins and needles I cant sleep lol :confused:

NachoBiz

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
ok So my final interview was the 9th I was offered the job on the 16th for a class in Nov. I got my hire right info on the 16th how long does it take for them to process i am on pins and needles I cant sleep lol :confused:

It took mine exactly a week, due to a slow employer, but no official offer call/email yet.

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Totally shaken up at this point...

I am having the craziest situation going on right now and I don't even know how to even proceed from this point.
I have been waiting for word back from a past employer to confirm my dates of employment. my recruiter is fully aware of the situation and will accept the updated information when it is received. Well I just received it and my dates versus their dates are so far off that I cannot even make sense of it. We are talking a two year difference for one instance and another is the fact that I have corresponding emails from supervisors during times when I supposedly did not work for them. bottom line, they are wrong! I worked for this company for six years, not eight years which can be proved through the IRS I'm sure but as for the actual dates...all I have our emails and I don't know how good that's going to do me.
Normally people claim to have worked longer than they really did, in this situation it's just the opposite!
I work for the company two different times for a total of six years. I still have both official offer emails that are dated completely different than what's in their records. Boy oh boy I sure don't know what's going to happen from here...

Saerise

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Tennessee
Totally shaken up at this point...

I am having the craziest situation going on right now and I don't even know how to even proceed from this point.
I have been waiting for word back from a past employer to confirm my dates of employment. my recruiter is fully aware of the situation and will accept the updated information when it is received. Well I just received it and my dates versus their dates are so far off that I cannot even make sense of it. We are talking a two year difference for one instance and another is the fact that I have corresponding emails from supervisors during times when I supposedly did not work for them. bottom line, they are wrong! I worked for this company for six years, not eight years which can be proved through the IRS I'm sure but as for the actual dates...all I have our emails and I don't know how good that's going to do me.
Normally people claim to have worked longer than they really did, in this situation it's just the opposite!
I work for the company two different times for a total of six years. I still have both official offer emails that are dated completely different than what's in their records. Boy oh boy I sure don't know what's going to happen from here...

That is a bit crazy! But as long as they're not showing you as being horribly fired and banned from the premises or something, I'd say not to worry, too much! What did your recruiter say about how they normally deal with discrepancies like that?

Stay positive!

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
That is a bit crazy! But as long as they're not showing you as being horribly fired and banned from the premises or something, I'd say not to worry, too much! What did your recruiter say about how they normally deal with discrepancies like that?

Stay positive!

I emailed my recruiter immediately to let her know I did receive the dates. I asked her to please call me as there are major discrepancies and I'm waiting for her to call. That's all she knows at this point so once I find out I will definitely update here. I haven't read every post on this thread but I have skimmed through it and all kinds of different issues arise and I think it's really cool that we have this place to gather. Although I haven't read one quite like mine, hopefully they can help someone out later on if this type of issue arises again.
I guess the only thing I can do is wait! And be grateful that it wasn't the other way around!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.