Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinSum

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2014
Hey everyone!

Just Friday got the call after my third interview and was told they wanted to proceed with a BGC! I was really excited... until I got to the HireRight website.

On my resume, I only listed relevant work experience, but does HireRight want every single job I've ever held? I've had quite a few over the course of my life, and I'm hazy on dates and things like that. A couple of places are even out of business.

All help is appreciated!

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Hey everyone!

Just Friday got the call after my third interview and was told they wanted to proceed with a BGC! I was really excited... until I got to the HireRight website.

On my resume, I only listed relevant work experience, but does HireRight want every single job I've ever held? I've had quite a few over the course of my life, and I'm hazy on dates and things like that. A couple of places are even out of business.

All help is appreciated!

I did the same. As per my recruiter...Hireright only validates the dates of the employers that you list. Just make sure the jobs that you did list have the correct dates and you'll be fine!

Last edited:

medicdj911

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
Hello Miss Manson.

Hi I do have a few questions.

How do you like the Job?

do you get overtime and if so how much average overtime do you get?

do you feel this is a secure job or are you worried about loosing the job because of the metrics?

thanks for the help.

Radazak

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
Hi everyone. I've been following this thread throughout my hiring process and am happy to say that I've got the call! Thanks to everyone for your insights as to how the process works, it really helped me calm my nerves.

However, I was told that I'd be sent an email that confirms my offer and it hasn't come through yet. It's been almost a week since I got the offer call. Is this normal? I just wanted to be sure it didn't get lost and is awaiting my reply.

Thanks for any information you can give.

NachoBiz

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
When is your start date? Mine was approaching quickly, so the email came in less than an hour. Paperwork came the very next (Saturday morning)

kslingo

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
I submitted my application and now am waiting for the phone call.... I really want to work for Apple, been a dream of mine for years!

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
I submitted my application and now am waiting for the phone call.... I really want to work for Apple, been a dream of mine for years!

Welcome to the waiting game!! I'm waiting for my BCG to be completed. Day 4!
Good luck to you!

emperor4ok

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
I am waiting on my BGC as well. I am to start on the 17th but still waiting. The waiting game is killer. I wished they would hurry up by now.

emperor4ok

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
How long has it been? 4 days for me and my start date is the 24th.

It has been 4 days so far. BGC make me nervous. I have some traffic tickets that keep coming up with Hireright. My last job used Hireright and it showed the tickets on the BGC. I am hoping this wont effect the offer with Apple.

tat200

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
I9 question

Hi everyone I am filing out my paperwork and I was wondering when you go into an apple store to have your i9 verified do you just make a genius bar appointment?

NachoBiz

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Hi everyone I am filing out my paperwork and I was wondering when you go into an apple store to have your i9 verified do you just make a genius bar appointment?
No, on the call they said NOT to make a Genius Bar appt. You call and ask for a manager (tell them why). Mine was a quick and easy process.

Ldubb

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
Hello I am new to the forum. I to will be in the nov 17th class. Do you guys think we will be able to exchange numbers in the near future?

medicdj911

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
I also Start on the 17th of November I have a pretty secure job at the moment I wonder if doing this job for Apple can really be a life long opportunity with Apple.

Ldubb

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
You know I also have a pretty secure job and I understand there is a lot of growth with the company I am a little frighten by testing but I'm sure all will be well! That's y I was hoping I could get with some of my peers maybe for study buddies or something I am in sacramento ca. Where are you located?

medicdj911

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
Im in So Cal I was worried about the test too until they said you had to pass with a 70%. I also thought there was a test every week but they only mentioned one test.

Ldubb

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
True 70% should be good. Well I know a few aha's and they seem to love their job. Also I already put in my two weeks notice so, I better pass! Lol#

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Day 7! This waiting is making me CRAZY! HR said they are only pending on one thing but should recieve it today! Fingers crossed my BGC will be completed today!

drswitz

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Day 7! This waiting is making me CRAZY! HR said they are only pending on one thing but should recieve it today! Fingers crossed my BGC will be completed today!

Same Here!, mine is held up on Clark County Nevada, guess what happens in vegas takes a really long time to find out lol

BeyondApple

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
True 70% should be good. Well I know a few aha's and they seem to love their job. Also I already put in my two weeks notice so, I better pass! Lol��

Working at Apple as an AHA is not what some may think or expect.
In fact, Apple is more geared toward the customer than the employee.

If you are a customer you should expect great things from Apple; that is not only a testament to the product line, but also how Apple employees are trained.

However, as a current Apple Employee it is my honest opinion that Apple sucks on the employee front.

Last edited:

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Same Here!, mine is held up on Clark County Nevada, guess what happens in vegas takes a really long time to find out lol

Have you heard anything yet?
My BGC is done... I'm just waiting for an offer call or the email of death!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.