Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sk2bbb

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2012
Same boat for me, though let's keep hoping for the 3rd.

Same, same, but from 1990-2002.

----------

Has anybody called after the 2nd (video) interview to check on progressing towards the 3rd interview (and further steps)?

For what it's worth, during my 2nd interview with a male, I heard a woman in what was probably an adjoining cube doing an interview. The guy I talked to was personable and easy-going. I'm glad I could make an initial comment that made him chuckle.

Crossed fingers!

The person that interviewed me as well was a male . I'm wondering if the person that interviewed us was a bit more picky .

Sjbuckeyes

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
I just received email asking me to answer some questions about the job, quiet area, phone line availability and 10/22 start date. I responded to the email and was wondering how long until I get word on actual interview?

acj757

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2012
I just received email asking me to answer some questions about the job, quiet area, phone line availability and 10/22 start date. I responded to the email and was wondering how long until I get word on actual interview?

You'll probably receive a phone call out of the blue in the next few days. That recruiter will ask a few general questions and schedule a more formal interview with someone else if you're moved on.

acj757

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2012
I respect your opinion but I respectfully disagree. In my situation, I have been at home with my kids for a while. This opportunity while entry level will get me back into the workforce while at the same time being able to work for a wonderful company. I am by no means an apple fangirl but I do love Apple products. It is probably easier to move into another Apple position from the inside instead of applying from the outside in my situation.

The hiring manager that interviewed me stated that they have had many AHA employees move onto other positions within Apple and will support you wanting to grow with the company. My background is computers but I am hoping to move into Human Resources or something else related once I complete school. I have gone back to school so there is nothing wrong with being optimistic. I don't live my life being pessimistic.

I think you're like a lot of people applying or just recruited for this position. We love the products and Apple is willing to pay us(quite well in fact) for helping people with them from the comforts of our own homes. How is this a bad situation with the greedy corporate giant out to extract slave labor out of us? :rolleyes: I dunno.

The article that was referred to is also out of date and before Apple took action and raised retail salaries.

ebl1112

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
Did you get your e-mail with the link to sign into MyPage?

I was just wondering if anyone thats scheduled to start in the 9/10 class heard anything since turning in your I-9 form? I sent mine in last Tuesday but havent heard anything yet. Im gonna email my recruiter in a few but since she was probably off during the holiday, figured I wont hear a response until tomorrow

----------

I agree with you both. I have been working from home for over 7 years doing customer service and tech support for different companies. None of them have paid as well as Apple with the same quality of benefits available to part-time/full-time employees. If some people here feel that they are too "intelligent" for this position - then apply for an IT or engineering job with Apple. Why take your time to bash the people in here who are earnestly trying to apply for this position? This thread is a very helpful and positive thread. It has helped me to actually get the job. I hope that it can continue to help others who are qualified to do the same.

I think you're like a lot of people applying or just recruited for this position. We love the products and Apple is willing to pay us(quite well in fact) for helping people with them from the comforts of our own homes. How is this a bad situation with the greedy corporate giant out to extract slave labor out of us? :rolleyes: I dunno.

The article that was referred to is also out of date and before Apple took action and raised retail salaries.

jlb13085

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2012
Summerville, SC
So I have my new hire paperwork phone session at noon today but have not received the paperwork via FedEx or the soft copies via email. Will I be able to participate in the the call without them?

----------

Can anyone give me some possible interview questions please :)

Just about every answer you need in located in this thread multiple times. So read the whole thread. Don't be so lazy.

DentTheUniverse

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
I was just wondering if anyone thats scheduled to start in the 9/10 class heard anything since turning in your I-9 form? I sent mine in last Tuesday but havent heard anything yet. Im gonna email my recruiter in a few but since she was probably off during the holiday, figured I wont hear a response until tomorrow

Same here. Sent my paper work in last Thursday. I emailed and called I am sure we will hear something by today or tomorrow.

----------

Did you get your e-mail with the link to sign into MyPage?

----------

I agree with you both. I have been working from home for over 7 years doing customer service and tech support for different companies. None of them have paid as well as Apple with the same quality of benefits available to part-time/full-time employees. If some people here feel that they are too "intelligent" for this position - then apply for an IT or engineering job with Apple. Why take your time to bash the people in here who are earnestly trying to apply for this position? This thread is a very helpful and positive thread. It has helped me to actually get the job. I hope that it can continue to help others who are qualified to do the same.

The people who are bashing this thread are most likely jealous, un-employed or are just pessimistic by nature. Apple pays more than most to do this type of work...and the benefits are awesome! I'm very thankful!

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012

1. Why do you want to work for Apple?
2. Why didn't you go through this thread? Every possible question they are going to ask has been posted... most of them just a few pages back.

----------

I sent mine in last week as well. I have not received any equipment or e-mail as of yet other than the "My Page" login. Training starts in 7 days and I'm still holding off on activating a dedicated phone number until I have an iMac and headset sitting here.

Sjbuckeyes

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
Not sure why people are so mean on this thread. I just asked a question. I read the entire board last night I just wanted some insight from people who recently had phone interview. Sorry to bother anyone

jlb13085

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2012
Summerville, SC
Not sure why people are so mean on this thread. I just asked a question. I read the entire board last night I just wanted some insight from people who recently had phone interview. Sorry to bother anyone

The questions aren't going to change drastically and the answers on this thread are mostly recent.

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012

Not sure if you're referring to my response. I don't think folks are being mean. I would heed the suggestions of those who have been hired. Encouraging you to read the entire thread and take notes is to your benefit. You'll find that the overall theme to getting hired is beyond just answering the questions posed by the interviewer.

Sjbuckeyes

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
I was referring to the "lazy" post. I interviewed once about 9 months ago and got rejection. I applied again and want to knock this interview out of the park. Thanks everyone :)

----------

Thank you though. I will be researching the questions and answers and prepare for the interview. Hope the call comes soon!

ebl1112

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
Hi :) This question has been asked and answered many times. Not being mean, but if you just go thru the thread from the beginning, you will find all that you need pertaining to questions that may be asked during the interviews. No one knows for certain what your interviewer will actually ask. When I joined here, I read everything from the very first entry :)

----------

Ditto :d

same here. Sent my paper work in last thursday. I emailed and called i am sure we will hear something by today or tomorrow.

----------

the people who are bashing this thread are most likely jealous, un-employed or are just pessimistic by nature. Apple pays more than most to do this type of work...and the benefits are awesome! I'm very thankful!

----------

Sorry, I did not read down before I responded to you. It seems others already said the same thing I did in their own "special" ways. ;)

DentTheUniverse

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012

I believe if you go a few pages back someone posted almost all the questions that have been asked. I was able to type out 10 questions and 10 of my responses before my interview. Thankfully 8 out of those 10 were asked! You will do well, if you just review those questions and take some time preparing. Just be comfortable and be yourself...

----------

1. Why do you want to work for Apple?
2. Why didn't you go through this thread? Every possible question they are going to ask has been posted... most of them just a few pages back.

----------

I sent mine in last week as well. I have not received any equipment or e-mail as of yet other than the "My Page" login. Training starts in 7 days and I'm still holding off on activating a dedicated phone number until I have an iMac and headset sitting here.

The "My Page" login...what is that? I had not received that yet, but I did send my recruiter an email and left him/her a voice-mail. I am sure the recruiters are getting in from a long weekend and busting this stuff out! Training is 6 days away, so we have to be hearing something very soon!

mistatnn

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
Just review this thread THROUGHLY and you should be fine. If you have any type of background in IT, youll be fine. I think they more look for a good personality than anything. While having the IT knowledge is very helpful, I think they looked more people with personalities. All the IT info can basically be taught to you in training

I just received my "MyPage" info this morning btw. Guess I should be expecting my iMac next.

For those that have already started, how long did it take for your actual equipment to come in? And what size screen model did you get?

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
The "My Page" login...what is that? I had not received that yet, but I did send my recruiter an email and left him/her a voice-mail. I am sure the recruiters are getting in from a long weekend and busting this stuff out! Training is 6 days away, so we have to be hearing something very soon!

It's your "home page" for the Apple employee web site.

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
Woot! Just received my offer letter. Immediately replied with "I Accept". Got the phone call three days ago. My recruiter said it would be here by today. The people I've spoken with have been on point throughout the process. When they said something would happen in a certain time frame, it did.

Best wishes to everyone. I know this process can be unsettling at times. Pure anxiety even.

Received email to schedule New Hire Paperwork Session for 9/6. 9/24 training class.

DentTheUniverse

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
Ok, So I am setting up my telephone line. I know that Apple says NO-VOIP, I got that...I have another option that might work; Verizon Home Phone Connect, it's $20/month...anyone use this for Apple At Home calls?

MignDallas

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
I was going to wait to setup my telephone line until I recieved the equipment but decided to go ahead and set it up. Turns out that it takes a couple of days to actually set up the line on their end.... So for those waiting go ahead and set it up otherwise it might be after we start on the 10th. The soonest that they will be able to turn it on will be the 7th which is just 3 days before my training begins.

----------

Also for those in the Dallas Area I had to go to 2 stores for the I-9 Verification First I went to the store in Northpark Mall but the Manager their said that he couldn't because I needed my Social Security card that my permanent resident card wasn't enough. Then I went to the store on Knox and spoke to G one of the managers and he said that it shouldn't be a problem and went ahead and verified and called them and everything went well. Apple sent me the email with the shipping label and sent it to them on Thursday, just waiting now for them to contact me with more information.

DentTheUniverse

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
I was going to wait to setup my telephone line until I recieved the equipment but decided to go ahead and set it up. Turns out that it takes a couple of days to actually set up the line on their end.... So for those waiting go ahead and set it up otherwise it might be after we start on the 10th. The soonest that they will be able to turn it on will be the 7th which is just 3 days before my training begins.

----------

Also for those in the Dallas Area I had to go to 2 stores for the I-9 Verification First I went to the store in Northpark Mall but the Manager their said that he couldn't because I needed my Social Security card that my permanent resident card wasn't enough. Then I went to the store on Knox and spoke to G one of the managers and he said that it shouldn't be a problem and went ahead and verified and called them and everything went well. Apple sent me the email with the shipping label and sent it to them on Thursday, just waiting now for them to contact me with more information.

I sent my paper work in on the exact same day. Who did you end up using ofr telephone?

VA-Enthusiast

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2012

For an easier way to locate previous postings with interview questions, you may want to use the "search forums" feature and search with keywords, i.e., "interview questions," "interview," or "questions." Just some examples. That should get you what you need a little faster. I did! Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.