Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
WRONG!
It's easy to be impressed if you are short-sighted or a corporate shill.
If you live in the area you would not like the impact on traffic (they closed a five-lane road for chrissakes), the environment and the people who live in the area.

Many Apple staff live in the area and are quite familiar with the traffic.

I've been there 15 years myself.

The construction project has caused problems that back onto Highway 280 and made that area a nightmare. It may go away when completed but who knows?

The I-280/Wolf has always been backed up long before HP moved out of the property.

Party of Apple's development is to improve the roads.

There are also tremendous environmental impacts.One example can be seen in the landscaping. The project is surrounded by a nice green lawn, however people in the area are being forced to reduce their water use because the state is in a drought.

Clearly you don't actually live next to this site because no one in these neighborhoods is being FORCED to do anything with their water usage.

Also Apple has taken all of the non-native water sucking plants off of the property and will be planting south bay native vegetation and trees.

I live in the area and don't know of a single person who supported this project, in spite of all the money Apple spent on PR.

Very strange considering many Apple staff already live in the surrounding property and will have a very nice walk to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.