Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
Not with 1 gig of ram I ain't

But it will, people don't know what ram is. People who could get by with an 8 GB iPhone will want to pay 100$ for the 64 GB version. Nowadays they just follow the heard. It's big, it's apple, it must be better.I think it looks great, but I will not get one, I have a Nexus 5 and wanted to jump back to Apple. Maybe I will change my mind after using one in person and see if the Ram is holding it back.

pacfolly

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2010
Do we know what cut they are going to take from each Apple Pay transaction?

Yes, "part of the card present interchange fees – 15 to 25 basis points – on each transaction," as detailed here.

It's not worth giving Apple extra revenue for the convenience of not having to carry around a couple cards in my opinion, but they're certainly poised to make a lot from it if it catches on :rolleyes:

Last edited:

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
OK, this is something I will never forgive Apple.

They just pushed this stupid ****** U2 Album onto all of my devices.

Forcing me to download this crappy music is unacceptable.

What's next? Justin Bieber showing up in my Library, because they struck a deal with the record label?

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
I love how positive they are. This is handsdown one of the lamest updates to the phone but don't get me wrong. I need a new phone and will be sticking with apple. This phone just doesn't really offer anything that amazing.

I was going to ask... "Did you see the keynote?" :eek:

But then again, I don't know who did...

I'll be up at 3am to order. Mrs. thequick gave me permission!

:cool::D:cool:

cn1dlm

Canceled
Oct 17, 2013
Makes no sense whatsoever.

And people complaining about a 5.5" screen as too big seem to have forgotten about this revolutionary product.

Attachments

• first-cell-phone-pic.jpg
    first-cell-phone-pic.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 171

NextGenApple

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Apple knows what they are doing. The iPhone 6 only has 1 GB because it only really needs that amount. iOS 8 will be even more optimized and the fastest phone on the planet with the A8 chip.

The only people who look at specs closely are Android fanboys. I love specs - on a computer - but I don't care about them on a phone or tablet as long as said phone/tablet can run all my apps without lagging.

You was probably saying the same thing about bigger screens a few years back. Ease off the apple juice mate. Try water.

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
Apple really insulted us all by starting the iPhone6 with a puny 16gb. SHAME ON YOU APPLE! I won't be buying the iphone6 for that reason. I'm not going to pay an extra $100 for decent storage when the base should have that.

They should have said, "record 240fps slo-mo with your iPhone, however with just 16gb on the iphone6 that'll give you about 10 seconds of video."

TTMax

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2011
Switch from your HTC One/Galaxy S/Nexus 5 to iPhone 6? Ha, don't hold your breath there Apple.

jcm1271

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2014
I'm going to be one. Started with Apple iOS, tried Android on Galaxy, going back to Apple iOS. Miss it, love it, buying it.

pacfolly

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2010
Is it just me, or does the space gray look close to the silver? Serious question. I expected a much darker tint to it, but I can't tell.

I noticed that in the pictures as well.

The space gray model looks slightly darker than the silver but I wish it was closer to black than stainless steel since all the iPhones are really light now with the exception of the space gray's black front.

The iPhone 5S was darker with its black bands and I'm considering just getting that instead of the iPhone 6 for the savings, design, and form factor :cool:

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Translation: "I don't qualify nor can I afford an upgrade right now so let me mock the new iPhone to make myself feel better about it."

I could afford to upgrade. I still don't like the 6 enough to upgrade, one reason being those garish bands.

polbit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2002
South Carolina
I'm going to be one. Started with Apple iOS, tried Android on Galaxy, going back to Apple iOS. Miss it, love it, buying it.

Me too. I replaced a small tablet and a phone with my Note II, then Note III. That was the main reason why I dumped iPhone. Now that Apple listened and is releasing a large iPhone, I can't wait!

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Yes, like my upgrade to the Galaxy Note 4

Nice. Nothing still can't touch the original beast phone! Apple tried hard but just made a bigger iPhone that will pi$$ off iBuyers use to smaller phones. Gosh, the new 6 plus is taller than the Note 4!!!
But there is at least one more major phone announcement coming from Google; the 5.9" Motorola Nexus. Come November and December it's going to be a war.

3lite

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2011
Lmao you clowns are salty.

Apple will break sale records once again.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
What? Did you reply to the wrong comment or something? I am asking if anyone knows what their cut will be. PayPals system takes about 2.9-3.5% + 20p. IIRC.
Apples the master at taking fat margins, that's why they have such vast reserves of cash stashed in tax havens off shore.

I'm sure they will make larger profits than Pay Pal right from the start.

cn1dlm

Canceled
Oct 17, 2013
Speak for yourself. I don't find him with the drive of Steve.

The Steve Jobs era is over and ended in 2011. Apple is trying to usher in a new chapter and it's been going that way for quiet some time now. Get over it already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.