Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rooster411

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2013
Anyone know where to get that purple flower wallpaper they are using in pics of the new iPhones at the
Apple website?

Bensalama21

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
I don't really use a lot of 3rd party "apps", I understand that is a selling point for a lot of people but I use Google Maps more than about every other app, lots of YouTube too. I'd be willing to bet the new iPhone won't have manual quality control (HD playback) over cellular networks which is a pretty big dealbreaker for someone who does videos professionally and has lots of them on YouTube.
What is the deal breaker for leaving the iPhone? Just curious... Also download "McTube" if you need to watch HD youtube videos over Cellular.. It's a nice youtube navigation app too.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
You know very well what their cut will be. Stop trying to play dumb. It doesn't make you look smart.

I don't. What is it and where did Apple say it? The way I took it in the keynote was apple didn't want to profit from it directly because doing so could inhibit adoption. The OP quotes Tim as saying economic advantages. As in, you have to buy an iphone to pay with your phone.

cn1dlm

Canceled
Oct 17, 2013
OK, this is something I will never forgive Apple.

They just pushed this stupid ****** U2 Album onto all of my devices.

Forcing me to download this crappy music is unacceptable.

What's next? Justin Bieber showing up in my Library, because they struck a deal with the record label?

You are aware you have to confirm it before it will download right? If you did it by your own actions, well thats not Apple fault. They aren't forcing you anything.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
I don't see much in there to tempt Android users across. They've had many of these features and bigger screens for a while. I'll probably upgrade my 5s but I'm already in the Apple eco system.

In the last 2 years I went from a Note 2 to iPhone 5s to a Note 3. Today's announcements really did not impress me. I was actually expecting a resolution higher than 1920x 1080 in the 5.5" version. And super disappointed that 16GB is still an option. So now you're telling me I need to spend $400 on contract for the 64GB iPhone 6 plus!!!! I don't think so. I would rather take my 64GB sd card out of my Note 3 and pay $300 (or less because there are always deals) on a Note 4 which beats out the 6 plus in every category. The Note is even shorter than the 6 plus which is nuts; I would have never guessed that one.
There are going to be some good deals for Android users this fall to move product. I wouldn't be surprised to see BYGO free promo's.

djorn2k

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
I actually went the other way. I've been an iPhone user for years but this IP6 announcement has me looking at Android.

I made the switch last year with the HTC M7 and I don't regret it. Try it!
Don't deprive yourself from something different.

BCWorld

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2011
Atlanta GA
I love Apple, but I am going to be honest: If Apple can convince customers to buy an iPhone 5c, this will be easy. Goodnight everyone. ;):rolleyes:

djorn2k

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
I love Apple, but I am going to be honest: If Apple can convince customers to buy an iPhone 5c, this will be easy. Goodnight everyone. ;):rolleyes:

The whole iPhone 5c was a fiasco. They were trying to get all the budget minded people to buy the phone that was useless and expensive.

kd5jos

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Denver, CO
Not even if he told you it would have the exact same amount of icons on screen, but your thumb would have to reach 2" further to touch them?

Tech lover, artist, designer, smartass. http://www.chrispanila.com

Really? You mean when you double tap the home button on a 6+ it DOESN'T move all the icons to the bottom of the screen for single handed operation like the videos show? I am a little upset Apple is faking that video...

Or do you not know what you are talking about?

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Same here, exactly why I came back to the iPhone.

App situation on Andrpid isn't as bad as you guys thought... I'd say almost all popular apps are available on Android.. You cannot really bash Android for app.

Only thing Android is lacking is that lack of tablet optimized apps. That is why I am not going back to iPhone at all but keep upgrading iPad.

darude908

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
Translation: "I don't qualify nor can I afford an upgrade right now so let me mock the new iPhone to make myself feel better about it."

No not that. Anyone who knows anything about design and its principles can see that the iphone 6 backside is just plain ugly. There's nothing visually appealing about the antenna lines and the protruding camera lens. If Jobs is still around this design would've never been approved. But then again it's now Tim Cook's apple, not Steve Jobs. What apple was known for is slowly starting to decay. Oh and just to be clear, I can afford an upgrade. I'm a designer and I know the difference between visual harmony and visual cluster****.

Luke Redpath

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
Colchester, UK
Do we know what cut they are going to take from each Apple Pay transaction?

For in-app Apple Pay transactions: zero. Apple Pay simply acts as a means of obtaining payment authorisation from the user - the one-time payment token still needs to be used by a third-party payment gateway to actually take the payment. Merchants will continue paying fees to their existing payments provider.

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
In the last 2 years I went from a Note 2 to iPhone 5s to a Note 3. Today's announcements really did not impress me. I was actually expecting a resolution higher than 1920x 1080 in the 5.5" version.

What are you doing that requires more than 1920x1080 resolution on a 5.5" screen? :eek:

It's far beyond the resolution that the human eye can detect... do you use a loupe on your phone screens?

CrimsonKnight

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Denver, CO
App situation on Andrpid isn't as bad as you guys thought... I'd say almost all popular apps are available on Android.. You cannot really bash Android for app.

Only thing Android is lacking is that lack of tablet optimized apps. That is why I am not going back to iPhone at all but keep upgrading iPad.

Having just returned a Samsung galaxy s5 , there is a considerable difference in the performance in the android apps vs ios apps. One of the many reasons I switched back.

The lack of tablet optimized apps is a given and been that way for quite sometime.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
You know very well what their cut will be. Stop trying to play dumb. It doesn't make you look smart.

Okay while I'm going to assume you are a troll, I'll make my case. I had no idea what their cut was, that's why I posted the question. A user above has replied that it will be 15 to 25 basis points (0.15% to 0.25% per transaction). So much lower than other transaction providers.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
LOL, nice try.

The next few months are going to be difficult for jerks- as they are proven wrong over and over and Apple sets new records of sales, profit, marketshare, etc. while the Galaxy Gear fades into the abyss and the rest of Android continues its race to the bottom.

But yeah, grasp at every straw you can.

This shortsighted mindset seems to miss the point that competition is what drives Apple to innovate. Building a larger iPhone was a direct response to larger smartphones. Just like the iPhone 4 blew everything out of the water in response to emerging threats in the newly emerging personal cell phone market.

Before there was competition consumers were begging Apple for basic functionality like MMS and landscape keyboards....that Apple told us we really didn't need. ("Just email your pictures.....")

Competition is best for consumers. Even if you are an Apple fan and a shareholder, you should still want competition around to keep pushing Apple to build better products. With the MS phones still lagging, I'm all for Android continuing to compete with Apple as hard as they can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.