Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
Just got my ship notice over night! However it says it won't be here till Wednesday of next week.. . That's almost an entire week. Have any of you found this to be true or do you think I might see it sooner?

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
Yes that's true. But the last few days there have been quite a bit more of the 6s+ in the stores according to istocknow.com.
I've checked my local Apple Store stock everyday since the Sim Free model was released at 8AM and again at 2PM. So far only the 6S as been available everyday and not one 6S Plus. I'm going to keep checking, though.

Facedesk

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2015
Boston
I got the phone it's amazing iPhone 6s Plus 64 gb T-Mobile pre ordered on 9/22 shipped 10/13 delivered 10/15 good luck everyone I hope you guys enjoy your new phones too !!:):):apple:

Reactions: Eileen89

nabeel24

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2013
Hey guys, quick question. So mine changed to shipped the other day and currently shows it will be delivered on the 19th, which is a monday. I'll be out from 12-4PM that day, is it better for me to change the delivery to be picked up from a UPS office?

Or should I just leave it be? Trying to get it as early as possible.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
I've checked my local Apple Store stock everyday since the Sim Free model was released at 8AM and again at 2PM. So far only the 6S as been available everyday and not one 6S Plus. I'm going to keep checking, though.

That's what I did. Finally snagged a rose gold 6s plus 64gb in store. I was hoping to find a 128gb

Reactions: gwsmith

gwsmith

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Mine just arrived in Louisville, KY about an hour ago. And the delivery date is still Monday Oct. 19. I was soooo hoping it would be bumped up to Friday Oct. 16 or even Saturday.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
That's what I did. Finally snagged a rose gold 6s plus 64gb in store. I was hoping to find a 128gb
They had the one I ordered in the store today. However, when I went to reserve it, I got an error message that said "you have reached your limit on reservations". So I guess I'm just going to have to wait till mine ships.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
They had the one I ordered in the store today. However, when I went to reserve it, I got an error message that said "you have reached your limit on reservations". So I guess I'm just going to have to wait till mine ships.
My store had the one I wanted in stock yesterday, but I got that same error message you got. Few hours, the apple store that I go do didn't appear anymore. I'm going to check again at 8 am today and try again, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get that message. I might stop at the apple store and see if I can snag one without reservation. Otherwise I have placed an order of the 128 GB on 10/11/15 with the expected deliver from 10/28/15 - 11/3/15 and have selected the next day shipping option.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
My store had the one I wanted in stock yesterday, but I got that same error message you got. Few hours, the apple store that I go do didn't appear anymore. I'm going to check again at 8 am today and try again, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get that message. I might stop at the apple store and see if I can snag one without reservation. Otherwise I have placed an order of the 128 GB on 10/11/15 with the expected deliver from 10/28/15 - 11/3/15 and have selected the next day shipping option.
I thought you had one, or are you ordering another one for someone? I always get that message now and I'm not sure why because I only reserved 2 6S SIM frees when they first came out 2 weeks ago. But I changed my mind and decided to wait for the 6S+ that I really wanted. I know there is a 2 a day limit for reserves. So that should have reset itself by now. I'll just take this as a sign that the one Apple is shipping me will be perfect and I'll be set till next year, lol.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I thought you had one, or are you ordering another one for someone? I always get that message now and I'm not sure why because I only reserved 2 6S SIM frees when they first came out 2 weeks ago. But I changed my mind and decided to wait for the 6S+ that I really wanted. I know there is a 2 a day limit for reserves. So that should have reset itself by now. I'll just take this as a sign that the one Apple is shipping me will be perfect and I'll be set till next year, lol.
I do have one but kind of regret getting the 64 GB, so I wanted to try and get the 128 GB model. I checked istocknow.com and my apple store shows that it has it in stock, just have to wait 30 minute before it turns 8 am to check.

Yesterday I was like, it can't be possible that I've reached my limits because I never reserved yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'll get that message too today again when I try.

Reactions: Eileen89

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I do have one but kind of regret getting the 64 GB, so I wanted to try and get the 128 GB model. I checked istocknow.com and my apple store shows that it has it in stock, just have to wait 30 minute before it turns 8 am to check.

Yesterday I was like, it can't be possible that I've reached my limits because I never reserved yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'll get that message too today again when I try.
Oh, I would definitely go for the 128GB model if that's the one you want. I know a lot of people who couldn't wait to get their new iPhones that took whatever model was available just to get one. Well they ended up regretting it later when they either ran out of storage from the 16GB model or didn't like the color they choose. I'm perfectly fine waiting to get the Silver 128GB model that I really want. One or two weeks of waiting won't kill me.

Reactions: MsRandall

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Oh, I would definitely go for the 128GB model if that's the one you want. I know a lot of people who couldn't wait to get their new iPhones that they took whatever model was available just to get one. Well they ended up regretting it later when they either ran out of storage from the 16GB model or didn't like the color they choose. I'm perfectly fine waiting to get the Silver 128GB model that I really want. One or two weeks of waiting won't kill me.
Yea last friday when sim-free model was available, I wanted the 128 GB model but didn't had any, and the 64 GB was available so I decided to take that instead but wish I had not gotten the 64 GB. haha.

We'll see, if I can't reserve, then I'll just wait for mine to be shipped. It's possible that it might prepare to ship next week.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
Yea last friday when sim-free model was available, I wanted the 128 GB model but didn't had any, and the 64 GB was available so I decided to take that instead but wish I had not gotten the 64 GB. haha.

We'll see, if I can't reserve, then I'll just wait for mine to be shipped. It's possible that it might prepare to ship next week.
In this thread there were a few people who ordered theirs around the same time you and I did and theirs is getting ready to ship. Therefore we might see ours go into the prepare to ship status by the end of the weekend. **keeps fingers crossed**

needsmoar

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Canada
I was super excited on Tuesday morning when I got ship notification. Wasn't so excited when I got a status update this morning. Going to take like 2 weeks to get from China to Canada :(

Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/16/2015 19:40 Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 10/13/2015 19:16 Departure Scan

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
In this thread there were a few people who ordered theirs around the same time you and I did and theirs is getting ready to ship. Therefore we might see ours go into the prepare to ship status by the end of the weekend. **keeps fingers crossed**
Well, the thing is, were those the 6S or the 6S Plus? I read that 6S gets processed much faster then the 6S Plus.

Well sadly I got the same message again so looks like I'll just have to wait for mine to be shipped :).

Plus I don't think Apple ships anything during the weekend.

Last edited:

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
Well, the thing is, were those the 6S or the 6S Plus? I read that 6S gets processed much faster then the 6S Plus.
There is a member here who ordered the same 128GB 6S+ Silver model as I did on the same day (10/9) who said theirs went into prepare to ship status 2 days ago. That's why I think ours will be moved up too.

philbeeney

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Vankleek Hill
I was super excited on Tuesday morning when I got ship notification. Wasn't so excited when I got a status update this morning. Going to take like 2 weeks to get from China to Canada :(

Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/16/2015 19:40 Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 10/13/2015 19:16 Departure Scan

I got a shipping notification on Tuesday as well and then wake up this morning to find my delivery schedule has changed from Monday (19th) to Wednesday (21st) because my phone has just left Hong Kong. Seriously.!!!!

How can a phone take 3 freaking days to get from Shenzen to Hong Kong. I could walk that distance in a few hours. Apple has billions in the bank and yet can't spend a little more on shipping to get their products into the hands of customers in a timely fashion.

Having said that, it's probably more to do with the UPS shipping method. The phone is being delivered using World Ease and having searched the UPS website, I came up with this.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/worldease.html

Seems that using World Ease allows Apple to ship multiple items to one country in one shipment for ease of customs transit. I'll bet they'll finally got enough iPhones produced for Canadian orders to be able make a full shipment.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
There is a member here who ordered the same 128GB 6S+ Silver model as I did on the same day (10/9) who said theirs went into prepare to ship status 2 days ago. That's why I think ours will be moved up too.
I see, Yea I think I'm going to just wait of mine to ship, not going to deal with reserving and making a trip. I'll just use my 64 GB model for now. But my return expires next friday so I think I'll use it till then and return it and go back to my 6 Plus for the time being until the 6S Plus gets delivered.

needsmoar

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Canada
I got a shipping notification on Tuesday as well and then wake up this morning to find my delivery schedule has changed from Monday (19th) to Wednesday (21st) because my phone has just left Hong Kong. Seriously.!!!!

How can a phone take 3 freaking days to get from Shenzen to Hong Kong. I could walk that distance in a few hours. Apple has billions in the bank and yet can't spend a little more on shipping to get their products into the hands of customers in a timely fashion.

Having said that, it's probably more to do with the UPS shipping method. The phone is being delivered using World Ease and having searched the UPS website, I came up with this.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/worldease.html

Seems that using World Ease allows Apple to ship multiple items to one country in one shipment for ease of customs transit. I'll bet they'll finally got enough iPhones produced for Canadian orders to be able make a full shipment.

Yes, its pretty wild. Took 3 days when it should have taken 3 hrs to get to hong kong. It will probably go to the USA and bounce all over the place there before it makes it to Canada as well. It is estimating next Thursday for me now. They really cheaped out on the shipping.

cruzmisl

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Did you guys do free shipping or expedited?

I did 2-3 day and I got preparing for shipment on Tuesday, shipped on Wednesday night, sat in Zhongsomething China for about a day before going to Incheon, South Korea for a few hours. It just arrived in Alaska from South Korea today.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA

I've never heard of that message before. How many are you allowed to make?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.