Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankiec13

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I just signed up for my choice what does this enable me to do?
How do I switch from home delivery to hold for pick up?

Frankiec13

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I just signed up for my choice what does this enable me to do?

Frankiec13

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
just signed up for my choice what does this enable me to do?

Frankiec13

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014

Frankiec13

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014

Frankiec13

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013

If you go into the tracking info for the shipment, you should see options for "change delivery" or something to that effect.

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013

If you go into the tracking info for the shipment, you should see options for "change delivery" or something to that effect.

Frankiec13

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014

macmendel

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2013
Same track here, displays the correct destination, US.
I have the exact same tracking! Seems like our phones are together. Could you please tell me what says your tracking about the destination? Since mine displays "TO: FOSTER CITY, CA, US" even though I live in France.. Thx

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Someone said that you have to wait until it is in transit before you can have them hold it for pick up. That is what
I want to do also.
Mine only says the shipping label has been created; however it allowed me to set it for pickup at the local UPS customer service center.. guess I'll know for sure once UPS actually picks it up and it starts moving through their network.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Okay, I have a question. I called UPS this morning about changing my delivery to pick up the phone at my CC. I was told that it couldn't be done until the package has had a scan, like an arrival scan for example. I said okay and thank you and then asked if I could change the delivery via the UPS app on iOS. I was told that I could. I used the UPS app and made the delivery change. When I just logged onto the app, it shows the delivery in the list, but with a ! and the word 'Exception'. However, when I view the particulars, there is no exception message, just the 9/25 delivery date to the location I specified. I assume that 'Exception' means that I can't pick it up on the 24th, but does anybody know for sure?

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Okay, I have a question. I called UPS this morning about changing my delivery to pick up the phone at my CC. I was told that it couldn't be done until the package has had a scan, like an arrival scan for example. I said okay and thank you and then asked if I could change the delivery via the UPS app on iOS. I was told that I could. I used the UPS app and made the delivery change. When I just logged onto the app, it shows the delivery in the list, but with a ! and the word 'Exception'. However, when I view the particulars, there is no exception message, just the 9/25 delivery date to the location I specified. I assume that 'Exception' means that I can't pick it up on the 24th, but does anybody know for sure?
Try tracking it via the regular website and it should show:

Delivery Change Requested: Hold for Pickup

The IOS app shows the same, the ! with exception, but the website shows what the exception is (hold for pickup).

Reactions: CodeSpyder

briand05

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
I gotta say.. if this information is correct about my phone.. they are literally shipping them off as soon as it's off the conveyor belt..

It's interesting I checked my serial number which was added to my support profile on the 19th and it's showing it's a week 38 which according to this site means this week (21st-27th of September), but I had a tracking number and a serial number before that. Can they actually have a serial number and tracking number assigned to a phone before it's even made?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.