Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Try tracking it via the regular website and it should show:

Delivery Change Requested: Hold for Pickup

The IOS app shows the same, the ! with exception, but the website shows what the exception is (hold for pickup).
I did track it using the website, it is like you mentioned. Thanks.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
It's interesting I checked my serial number which was added to my support profile on the 19th and it's showing it's a week 38 which according to this site means this week (21st-27th of September), but I had a tracking number and a serial number before that. Can they actually have a serial number and tracking number assigned to a phone before it's even made?
It doesn't let me check my serial number it doesn't let me check gives me an error

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
I just called a customer center and they said any one can pick it up as long as their ID lists the same address. I don't trust their word so I'm waiting for delivery.
Interpretation by an employee of his/her responsibilities according to what the company wants is up in the air these days.

Even at Apple stores.

Remember the inconsistencies in regards to people getting warranty repairs for 'bent' iPhone 6 units?

Best to wait for it like you are.

Reactions: bueller1

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
It's interesting I checked my serial number which was added to my support profile on the 19th and it's showing it's a week 38 which according to this site means this week (21st-27th of September), but I had a tracking number and a serial number before that. Can they actually have a serial number and tracking number assigned to a phone before it's even made?

Possibility. I know mine is week 38 as well and the SN showed up on my Support Profile today along with it shipping today. I ordered my iPhone at :05 & got a confirmation email at :06 on the 12th. And it appears as though it just finished being manufactured according to that site. So, I don't know what's going on..

Shwangheim

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Looks like my 6S+ is likely sitting at this UPS facility in Rialto, CA. Now just have to sit tight until it gets to the UPS Customer Center on Friday so I can go pick it up! Ordered just after 1 AM MST. St. George, UT
ups.PNG

julienpdx

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
Portland, OR
So. I preordered the silver T-Mobile 64GB model at 12:07AM PDT. It is now 9/21. I do not have it added to my support profile, I cannot "track by reference" like I could last year and I'm still stuck in processing. I had a pre-auth on my credit card that fell off but no actual charge. I live in Oregon, USA.

I am completely lost as to why so many of you have so much more info than I do.

I am also wondering if this is a geographic thing--that the majority of you with that much info are on the east coast...,???

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
So. I preordered the silver T-Mobile 64GB model at 12:07AM PDT. It is now 9/21. I do not have it added to my support profile, I cannot "track by reference" like I could last year and I'm still stuck in processing. I had a pre-auth on my credit card that fell off but no actual charge. I live in Oregon, USA.

I am completely lost as to why so many of you have so much more info than I do.

I am also wondering if this is a geographic thing--that the majority of you with that much info are on the east coast...,???

Give it time.. if you got that pending charge which fell off.. Eventually your order will be processed. I ordered mine at :05 & it just finished being manufactured. Shipped off today. They are going to have a sh*tload of orders being delivered on the 25th.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I'm in Maryland and my 6s Plus is in Harrisburg, PA. I just selected to pick it up at my local UPS Customer Center, which opens at 8 am.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
For those of you wetting your pants (or worse)... keep in mind that some people never had the shipping update until delivery day. There were even some reports of people with phone in hand and no update yet on the Apple site. **** happens folks.

As to those that are calling UPS/FEDEX asking for a hold for an order that does not even exist in their system.. STOP. Leave those poor customer service people alone. They can adjust an order that does not exist (in their system that is).

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Fortunately, we're a small segment of the population that are getting their iPhones on the 25th, or I'd be afraid of massive lines at the UPS Customer Centers on Friday morning.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Possibility. I know mine is week 38 as well and the SN showed up on my Support Profile today along with it shipping today. I ordered my iPhone at :05 & got a confirmation email at :06 on the 12th. And it appears as though it just finished being manufactured according to that site. So, I don't know what's going on..
The components are "made" before being assembled together.

I guess this is kind of like anti-abortionists saying life begins inside the womb. In this case, iPhone begins inside the factory before it ships.

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
As to those that are calling UPS/FEDEX asking for a hold for an order that does not even exist in their system.. STOP. Leave those poor customer service people alone. They can adjust an order that does not exist (in their system that is).

Those people must hate this time of year. But I gotta agree. Those of youse in here running like chickens with their heads cut off gotta chill. It's still Monday. Besides, as tech geeks y'all should know systems like these that are tracking millions of things are NOT flawless.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
Fortunately, we're a small segment of the population that are getting their iPhones on the 25th, or I'd be afraid of massive lines at the UPS Customer Centers on Friday morning.

This is one of the reasons I'm having mine delivered to my local store - it's easier to pick it up, no crazy line like at my CC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.