Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
no TBolt camera

...updating the cienma display with thunderbolt 720p face time camera?

...with Thunderbolt Ports/FaceTime HD Camera.

Extremely unlikely that it will have a TBolt camera, extremely unlikely.

What is quite possible is that it will have a USB 720p ("HD-lite") camera, and a TBolt->USB3.0/1394/GbE/eSATA multi-function adapter. (maybe 802.11 and bluetooth as well, and perhaps an optical drive if the next laptops drop the optical)

This would turn the display into a nice docking station for a TBolt-enabled laptop. Connect power/TBolt cables to the laptop, and the rest of your peripherals are connected to the monitor.

krimp

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
Thailand
Come on... PC issues are pretty rare if you know what you're doing -that includes buying from the right hardware vendor...

And you using a Mac? well i know what i'm doing with a PC and they still have issues. They also seem a lot less reliable!

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Define "reliability"

And you using a Mac? well i know what i'm doing with a PC and they still have issues. They also seem a lot less reliable!

Is an MBP more reliable than a $300 netbook?

Probably - but is it that Apples are more reliable than Windows systems, or that higher-priced electronics are more reliable the cheapest electronics?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.