Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daniel L

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
(I'm in Los Angeles)

Service requested November 16, just got the envelope today. Let's see how long it takes to get replaced.

TheMacNovice

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2011
Also 6th Gen Nano replacement in Australia

Sent my 1st Gen Nano on 21st November to Apple in Sydney and it has been pending until today. Got email confirmation that a replacement has been shipped, and looked up the serial number to see it is a 6th Gen 8GB.

Cool, and just in time for Christmas :)
Cheers, Ian

johncrab

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I am really happy that Apple handled this matter in such a classy way. This was a very serious upgrade of five product generations and I just love it. I had thought of buying one to turn it into a watch with iPod benefits but decided to set some limits to my toy acquisition. Now, here it is and it's a great watch. The tuner is great and it's all iPod and great fun. Thanks, Apple. This was really classy. Oh yeah, it got me into the Apple Store for a watch strap with an hour of its arrival. :D

HelveticaRoman

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
It's interesting that all the people who just want the product they bought to be replaced with the same thing, but in working order, are being down-arrowed. Why is that so offensive to the increasing Orwellian fanboy community?

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I have a black 2gb 1st gen in nearly mint condition with no issues at all, but I supposed I'll send it in and get the replacement since there's nothing wrong with a new ipod and 4 times the storage.

IMG_1291.jpg

DevixLuvic

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
On top of a mountain
Hmm. The Apple service website seems to be down, as whenever I click on the link in my email to see my repair status is says they are down for maintenance. Anyone else have this? Do you suppose it is anyway related to the Nano recall?
Devix :apple:

neilos24

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
Hmm. The Apple service website seems to be down, as whenever I click on the link in my email to see my repair status is says they are down for maintenance. Anyone else have this? Do you suppose it is anyway related to the Nano recall?

I have this too, its down for maintenance try again later

mactmaster

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
I have a black 2gb 1st gen in nearly mint condition with no issues at all, but I supposed I'll send it in and get the replacement since there's nothing wrong with a new ipod and 4 times the storage.

IMG_1291.jpg

Good job taking care of your ipods.

---------------------------------------------------------

I purchased another white 1st gen nano via craigslist last night. I setup the replacement process on this one. Still waiting for the one I got on ebay. I'll be keeping one as a watch and gifting the other.

PhilaScott

macrumors regular
Got it!

Sent mine in last month and until early this morning, the status was pending replacement. And then this morning, I got an email from Apple with a status change and a phone call from Fedex that it was due for delivery today. Just got it a couple hours ago... Nice! :)

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Sent mine in last month and until early this morning, the status was pending replacement. And then this morning, I got an email from Apple with a status change and a phone call from Fedex that it was due for delivery today. Just got it a couple hours ago... Nice! :)

What date in November did they receive your Nano?

Mine has been in "Replacement Pending" since November 23rd..

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Here is my timeline, pasted from another thread.

Nov. 12: Sent in my request for a box
Nov. 26: Box arrived
Nov. 29: Apple received my nano, identified the issue, and authorized service
Dec. 21: Replacement product shipped
Dec. 23: iPod nano 6G to arrive

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Personally I'm not interested in any Nano that can't play video. Love my third gen fatty and don't know what I'd replace it with if something happened to it.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010

Strange. Here is mine

Nov. 21: Box arrived
Nov. 23: Apple received my nano, identified the issue, and authorized service

Repair status is still pending. Oh well, I can wait :)

Last edited:

DevixLuvic

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
On top of a mountain
Nov. 21: Box arrived
Nov. 23: Apple received my nano, identified the issue, and authorized service

Repair status is still pending. Oh well, I can wait :)

Yeah, mine is almost the same. Have my fingers crossed that I won't be one of the few who were shipped 1st gen replacements!

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I'm going to send mine in even though I already have a 16GB model I'd like one to use as a watch.

ddl42486

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2011
Los Angeles

I have the exact same time line as you! I'm eagerly waiting for it to arrive tomorrow via fedex. Already bought a watch strap to go with it!! :D:D

bladerunner88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Off World
Just got the e-mail from Apple today my replacement Nano has shipped and according to the serial # its a shiny 6Gen version... currently in PA Somewhere

Edit: Delivery tomorrow.......

Edit x 2: Shiny new silver 6th Gen 8GB Nano, BYO earphones, 30 pin usb cable.
Radio working straight out of the box.

Last edited:

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
The web page is finally displaying this:

November 23, 2011: Product received
November 23, 2011: Issue identified
December 22, 2011: Replacement Product Shipped
Shipped via UPS with tracking number 0XX000X0X000000000

However according to the image and the serial number it's exactly the same iPod. Yes, even the same serial number is the same, I just checked with the label at the bottom of the original box.

No email received yet, however. Do you get a new repair ID or something in the email? Would that explain why even the serial number is the same?

Edit: just received the email about the replacement unit. The new serial number is for an iPod nano (6th generation).

Last edited:

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
The UPS guy came today and took my box, he knew what it was as soon as he saw it. Hope everything goes well, the process might be faster since the place I'm shipping it to within Canada is 30 minutes from where I live.

akamu24

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2011
I live in Maryland, and sent in a black 4GB Nano. Here is my timeline:

Step 1 Request- November 16, 2011: Product received

Step 2 Service- November 17, 2011: Issue identified

Step 3 Return- December 19, 2011: Replacement Product Shipped

Step 4 Received- December 22, 2011: Silver 6th Gen 8GB Nano received

BlackZ

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009
November 12, 2011: Service requested
November 18, 2011: Product received
November 19, 2011: Issue identified
November 19, 2011: Product replacement pending

I live in Boston, MA. No luck so far :(

*Update*
Your service request has been completed and your IPOD NANO shipped on 2011-12-23. Please allow two business days for delivery.

And it is also a Nano 6th gen

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.