Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Happy that i will get a new one, but my turnaround time has been terrible, I posted mine back in november and according to the apple website it was only recieved by apple on the 17th of december, which means I will get my replacement around february if a 6 week turn around is normal. Pretty poor.

garethmob

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2009
i requested my box on the 1st dec, received it on the 19th n sent it same day, my gf only wanted me to send it if it was a 1st gen model :( how am i gonna explain this to her now :'(

ApplesAndOrangs

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2011
*crosses fingers for 6th gen nano*

Hey, if anyone gets a 6th gen and I get a 1st gen, I'll swap? :D

Lol, same here!

I doubt they would agree though. Most care about sentimental value. And their engravings. Even though they knew that they were getting a swap.

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
I want a 1st Gen back. mine was immaculate and part of my collection, only sent it in because it seemed we would get like for like, won't be a happy bunny!

Frosticus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2010
Bristol, UK
I want a 1st Gen back. mine was immaculate and part of my collection, only sent it in because it seemed we would get like for like, won't be a happy bunny!

To be fair, I don't think Apple ever stated that it would be a "like for like" replacement, but simply a "replacement unit". The language they use and the small print no doubt covers them and provides them with the flexibility to meet the demand by any means.

You need to remember that they are doing this at no charge and nobody was forced to send back their prized 1st gen Nano.

Me, well I'll be happy with whatever turns up in the post... whenever that might be.

Kendall015

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

Mine arrives today...fingers crossed that it's a 6G.

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2002
Just checked the status of my replacement, and after a month of seeing "Product replacement pending" it finally changed to "Replacement product shipped."

I'll update as soon as I get my package in another day or two.

Update: Well I'll be damned... no sooner than I post this note when I get an email from Apple. Turns out I am getting a 6th gen iPod Nano. While I'm happy for the new model (I also got a settlement check a while ago for a Nano class-action lawsuit) I'm gonna miss having the old form factor. Oh well... time to hunt for a watchband.

Product replacement pending since Dec. 1.

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008

Sorry to spoil the moaning, but surely you can just sell the 6th gen on eBay and buy a 1st gen in its place. You'll have the Ipod you want together with some spare cash. Win win!!

Last edited:

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
I'll be happy to get a mint 1st-gen back, but even happier if they sent a 6th-gen.

"Product Replacement Pending" since Nov 24th.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2007
I've just spoken to Apple Care as I'm still waiting for my replacement nano. They told me that the return period was 6 weeks so I should be receiving my new 5th gen nano very soon!

The Apple Care rep told me that they had reveived 300,000 units which was x3 more returns the they expected...

I was looking forward to getting a nice clean 1st gen nano to add to my Apple collection but now I have to a 5th gen, no so happy :eek:

Did they say 5th or 6th? My one has been pending since Nov 17th.

cgc

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2003
Utah
I don't want a touch screen iPod Nano and what about us with iPod protection (e.g. covers or cases)? Will Apple provide store credit to replace these? I feel slighted if I don't get my 1st gen iPod Nano back.

afroAnt

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Damn! I wanted the 1st gen, it looked very good in my dock on my desk. Oh well might as well give the 6th gen to my dad or use it in my garage.

Last edited:

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
In all honesty, I'd rather have a 1st gen. They're retro and still have the clickwheel. The 6th gen looks cool but it's more difficult to use and has just as many features as the 1st gen anyway. The best iPod nano is the 5th gen though :cool:

dlep30

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2008
Happy that i will get a new one, but my turnaround time has been terrible, I posted mine back in november and according to the apple website it was only recieved by apple on the 17th of december, which means I will get my replacement around february if a 6 week turn around is normal. Pretty poor.

I agree with the turnaround time. I just received my return envelope yesterday 12/19 from Apple, and I initiated the process on November 23rd.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I signed up about 3-4 weeks ago and just got the return envelope yesterday. Let's see how long it takes and which model I get back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.