Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
how does that work?
you make 68m iphones and load the matured ios 8 together in sep, and in the main time they just siti n a storage while ios 8 is in its beta phase?

Well, it's not as though 68m phones pop into existence in a day... The factory has to gear up and get running.

From this page it looks like they pump out about 500k a day. So it would take 136 days to make 68m.

136 days is roughly 4 months. Which just about fits the normal story of 'stock sells out at launch, inventory catches up in November'.

Getafe

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2011
Lynchburg, VA
think about how many people left iPhone because the "screen is too small" . they're going to get a LOT of those customers back plus customers who have an upgrade PLUS customers who have never had an iPhone or have never had a smartphone for that matter . included is the fact that Apple does Reuse & Recycle so people can trade their phones in at Apple and have that trade-in potentially cover the cost of the new iPhone ? done deal .

it's gonna be insane .

Totally correct, I left iPhone because the screen was far too small, and I'll be forced into stucking with Android if Apple do not release the 5.5 inch iPhone 6.

I've heard rumors saying that tablets (not just iPad's) will decline sometime during 2015 (for the first time) due to Phablets growing in popularity. A phablet does the job of a phone AND tablet (to a certain extent), so a lot of people are just buying a phablet (Can also be cheaper). This is why I think Apple are/have considered the slightly larger 5.5 inch phone. Otherwise Apple are losing out with at least two possible markets. People that want only a phablet, and people like myself that just like larger phones :p

myrv

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2014
Guys, it said an order for 68 million. I assume that is for worldwide launch? I think we could still see sales constraints in areas, especially if you want the larger storage models.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
Wow.
Getting in to debt and paying interest when you have a phone that works just fine.

That's smart thinking :apple:!

you dont know how to use your credit cards properly.

Why spend your own money now when you can leverage debt and spend someone elses.

you don't have to use a credit card to rack up big debt and pay interest. on almost every transaction yo do not pay interest until 30 days from the point of transaction.

I put all my purchases on my credit cards. But i never carry a balance, which means I never pay interest. Why I use a credit card? again, why spend my own money up front when I can spend someone elses. My Credit card has more room on it then my debit card (5k daily limit on purchases vs 500). I also earn points on my card for free groceries and gift cards, that using cash or debit don't accumulate. a 650 purchase on Credit card would net me around $10 in free money.

So yeah, Assuming that everyone who uses a credit card to purchase larger ticket items clearly has debt problems.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Wow.
Getting in to debt and paying interest when you have a phone that works just fine.

Or maybe most of us pay off our credit cards monthly and only need to use it when we buy something online.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Wow.

You clearly don't know how to use a credit card.

I use my credit card as a debit card.

The reason for that is that it gives me Cashback (5% currently) and also extra layers of damage protection.

I make a payment, then simply transfer the money to pay the amount off immediately.

allanfries

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2013
Canada
Just renewed back in January with a 32GB 5s, so guess I will be passing on this one. Wonder what's on the plate for early 2016. :cool:

----------

I am pretty sure that there will be no 5.5" iPhone just like that teardrop shaped iPhone that was rumoured ahead of the iPhone 5 launch never happened

I agree, just wishful thinking for the few that like that sort of thing.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Who are those people? (How many active iPhone users not on the first year of a 2-year contract are there?)

perealb

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2009
My credit card is ready.
Tell me about it!

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
Wow.

Not sure if this is what the original poster does but a credit card is much more than that.

With a credit card you can build up a credit rating which is good in future years when you want things like a mortgage. Also they are there for just incase a rainy day comes along.

My current credit card came with 15 months of no interest, a lot of cards come with rewards for spending. Not only that but if you are a victim if fraud with a credit card it is easier and more likely that you will get your money back. This in itself is a perfectly good reason to use a credit card over a debit card.

Also even if you don't have a long no interest period then you still have about a month from the date of purchase to pay it off before accruing interest. Also buying an iPhone on a credit card and paying it off over time whilst having a sim only plan maybe cheaper than the equivalent contract. Also debt it itself isn't bad so long as it's manageable, it's unmanageable debt that is bad.

Lastly, electronic item purchases on credit cards have an extended warranty.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Give it to me dis.
My phone is out of warranty.
My sleep button rattles and my down volume button stop working months ago.

2005CTS

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I can't help but think there is huge pent-up demand for the 6 though. I know a ton of people still on 4/4s.

I agree. I look around in the office and most are using 4/4s and looking forward to the 6. I think for many folks that aren't heavy users the slightly larger screen and LTE wasn't enough for them to make the move. Also - as many have pointed out - most of the regular smart phone market do not upgrade every year like some of us. Like the 4S, 5 and 5S - I will be purchasing my 6 on release day.

----------

Who are those people? (How many active iPhone users not on the first year of a 2-year contract are there?)

There are lots of ways to handle the upgrade cycle. Some people use their one year old device and give it as a hand-me-down to someone else in the family. Others have the new high priced plans that allow for upgrades. I have a dummy line for $10/month that I bounce upgrades off of and trade in my device at purchase. So - I am always on contract but always have an upgrade when the next iPhone launches. My wife isn't into upgrades like me...so she tends to hold onto her phones for a while. She has a 4S now - so she is upgrade eligible now. So - we will have two new iPhone 6 come September. I can't wait!!

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
Guess I was one of the lucky few who were able to order the 5S (the gold one at that) via VZW's website on launch day, and have the phone on my doorsteps a few days later. Looking forward to the i6 dropping this year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.