Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frost7

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Republic of Texas
And it still is. It's just you that's complaining that you can't do everything due to the size of the screen so that's your problem, not everyone else's.
Well, from this topic existing and the number of comments in agreement, I think it's pretty obvious it's not just me.

But hey, thank you for the totally useless input from the drooling "Apple can do no wrong" fanboy peanut gallery.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Create a thread named something along "Everyone who wants a 4" iP6, gather here".
Those who want 4" iP6s will gather in said thread.
Gather from quick glancing through a 6 page thread that more than 90% of the thread consists of fans of 4" iP6.
Proclaim how this is statistically significant on global scale.

RIP statistics.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Well, from this topic existing and the number of comments in agreement, I think it's pretty obvious it's not just me.

But hey, thank you for the totally useless input from the drooling "Apple can do no wrong" fanboy peanut gallery.

And thanks to you as well for your useless comments and your crying over a new iPhone with a 4 inch screen that's not gonna happen. Hey, and thanks a lot for the insult calling me a fanboy. Typical. When a person has no argument to back up their nonsense or they're losing one they result to personal attacks and insults. Good day.

----------

Create a thread named something along "Everyone who wants a 4" iP6, gather here".
Those who want 4" iP6s will gather in said thread.
Gather from quick glancing through a 6 page thread that more than 90% of the thread consists of fans of 4" iP6.
Proclaim how this is statistically significant on global scale.

RIP statistics.

Great idea! Because why should anybody have a healthy discussion of opposing opinions? Because people don't use forums for that nature.

Frost7

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Republic of Texas
And thanks to you as well for your useless comments and your crying over a new iPhone with a 4 inch screen that's not gonna happen. Hey, and thanks a lot for the insult calling me a fanboy. Typical. When a person has no argument to back up their nonsense or they're losing one they result to personal attacks and insults. Good day.
No, actually, I had an argument to back up my nonsense, and explained why I held the position I had.

You on the other hand just came into a thread about preferring a 4" size and declared that "It's just you that's complaining" and "so that's your problem" and describing a preference that does not match your own as "crying."

"When a person has no argument to back up their nonsense or they're losing one they result to personal attacks and insults." Yeah, exactly. Here. Have a mirror. You're describing yourself. If you're not a fanboy, you do a spot-on impression of one.

If you're so irked by getting condescending hostility directed at you, don't dish it out in a response to calmly stated opinions.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
No, actually, I had an argument to back up my nonsense, and explained why I held the position I had.

You on the other hand just came into a thread about preferring a 4" size and declared that "It's just you that's complaining" and "so that's your problem" and describing a preference that does not match your own as "crying."

"When a person has no argument to back up their nonsense or they're losing one they result to personal attacks and insults." Yeah, exactly. Here. Have a mirror. You're describing yourself. If you're not a fanboy, you do a spot-on impression of one.

If you're so irked by getting condescending hostility directed at you, don't dish it out in a response to calmly stated opinions.

I haven't personally attacked or insulted anybody here unlike you so you need to watch your tone sir. I've been stating my opinions about the 4" screen. You just didn't like it. You do realize you've already violated the forum rules multiple times calling me a fanboy. If you feel comfortable about continuing that then let's take it up with the moderator.

Frost7

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Republic of Texas
I haven't personally attacked or insulted anybody here unlike you
Oh really. I must have been reading the posts of HenryPJD and confused him with you.

II've been stating my opinions about the 4" screen. You just didn't like it.
I thought it was a silly suggestion to step down to something with 1/4 of the capacity and hardly any functionality rather than using an iPhone as the one unified device.

Your answer to that was nobody holds that opinion (obviously not since this thread exists, and obviously Apple themselves acknowledge seeing as Reachability exists), and you characterize not liking the step down in one-handed usability as crying (yet I need to watch my tone?).

For the record, I agree with your points on larger iPhones making business sense. But what makes money and what does or does not work for someone personally doesn't necessarily have to intersect.

You do realize you've already violated the forum rules multiple times calling me a fanboy. If you feel comfortable about continuing that then let's take it up with the moderator.
Oh, now I see what this is about. Fine, whatever.

I apologize for calling you a fanboy. That was out of line. For responding to an attitude of smug condescension in kind, however, I do not.

EDIT: Actually, going through your post history just of the last few hours I see multiple instances of blatant flamebaiting and then telling people they need to watch their tone when they go off on you. I'm going to assume this is regular behavior for you and add you to my ignore list. You're apparently one of those types of posters. Now I'm just sorry for taking the bait.

Last edited:

blcfla

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2013
Holding onto my 5S until it starts to get sluggish and show it's age.

Hoping as well for some revised model of a 4" phone. A lot of women don't even want anything bigger than the 4S (my wife included)

Techies and phone lovers don't account for the entire demographic of users

If I'm forced into something bigger then so be it but I'll weigh my options when that time arrives lol

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
But what about next year? I'm sure it won't handle iOS 9 as smooth as the 6S+ will.

There's no hardware reason why it won't, but I strongly suspect that Apple purposely slow down the older generation phones via software.
In real world use there is no speed difference between the 5S and the iPhone 6. They also both have the same amount of RAM (as does the even older iPhone 5).

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
This thread is hilarious, I am more than certain had Apple released another 4" phone this year there would be lots of thread complaining about why no larger phone or phablet. In fact if anyone bothered to do a search they would come up with tons of threads complaining why the "iphone is still too small." I am NOT saying anyone is wrong to want a smaller phone by the way but:

They aren't the only ones who want larger phones if the numbers for phablets or regular flagship phones by Samsung, LG et al. are anything to go by. Heck, look at the huge sales numbers for the iPhone 6 and 6+, seems a lot of people are not put off by the larger screen. I do agree there is probably still a market for a 4" iPhone but I can't see Apple further fragmenting their line-up. Then again I could not see them selling two different flagship models just 3 years ago so who knows? :p

quackers82

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
I've had the iPhone 6 for a month now and i've got use it to, but if they bring out a 6S with a 4" screen i will go down to the smaller screen, the iPhone 5 size is my preference. iPhone 6S Mini please!

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
How do you hold your iPhone 6 with one hand such that it's gripped securely and also usable with that hand? Pinky shelf?

Sometimes, other times gripped round, its called manual dexterity, I move the iPhone around as needs be, I learnt manual dexterity doing small tasks, sometimes flipping card/coin tricks as a kid, other tasks too playing with toys when young building things etc spinning cigarettes between fingers when I smoked, spinning pencils/pens the same. Lots of things built up. So many.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Sometimes, other times gripped round, its called manual dexterity, I move the iPhone around as needs be, I learnt manual dexterity doing small tasks, sometimes flipping card/coin tricks as a kid, other tasks too playing with toys when young building things etc spinning cigarettes between fingers when I smoked, spinning pencils/pens the same. Lots of things built up. So many.

And do you think the majority of consumer are required to have the same dexterity by "doing small tasks, sometimes flipping card/coin tricks as a kid, other tasks too playing with toys when young building things etc spinning cigarettes between fingers when I smoked,.."

Man, I wished I had picked up smoking when I was younger.

But seriously, you seem to be very good with your hands and that 's great. But what would you say to people who are not gifted with your level of dexterity? It is too late to learn?

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
And do you think the majority of consumer are required to have the same dexterity by "doing small tasks, sometimes flipping card/coin tricks as a kid, other tasks too playing with toys when young building things etc spinning cigarettes between fingers when I smoked,.."

Man, I wished I had picked up smoking when I was younger.

But seriously, you seem to be very good with your hands and that 's great. But what would you say to people who are not gifted with your level of dexterity? It is too late to learn?

no its not too late to learn, but you have to want to, you have to use the thing and move it around until you natural develop the skill. It doesn't take long... but it does take a want to attitude.

yes I was lucky I had a fun childhood playing and learning lots of different things. action men probably helped too, as did toy cars. The list is long. I had tons of fun :)

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
no its not too late to learn, but you have to want to, you have to use the thing and move it around until you natural develop the skill. It doesn't take long... but it does take a want to attitude.

yes I was lucky I had a fun childhood playing and learning lots of different things. action men probably helped too, as did toy cars. The list is long. I had tons of fun :)

Have you ever consider offering a bootcamp to teach this skill? May be a series of classes such as:

Fun with index finger
That's what the little finger is for
Thumb your way through life
Power ring finger
Here comes the middle finger

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Holding onto my 5S until it starts to get sluggish and show it's age.

Hoping as well for some revised model of a 4" phone. A lot of women don't even want anything bigger than the 4S (my wife included)

If I'm forced into something bigger then so be it but I'll weigh my options when that time arrives lol

I'm not trying to chime in for or against, but I actually find that a larger display is a feature which non-techies seem to appreciate a great deal, because it's something tangible. The things that get techies excited like more RAM, or more pixels per inch are not even noticed by most users.

Also, a lot of women opt for a bigger phone, because as a female fried of mine who got a 6+ rather than a 6 pointed out, most women carry purses, so having a phone that fits comfortably in their pants pockets is less important than for men.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
I'm not trying to chime in for or against, but I actually find that a larger display is a feature which non-techies seem to appreciate a great deal, because it's something tangible. The things that get techies excited like more RAM, or more pixels per inch are not even noticed by most users.

Also, a lot of women opt for a bigger phone, because as a female fried of mine who got a 6+ rather than a 6 pointed out, most women carry purses, so having a phone that fits comfortably in their pants pockets is less important than for men.

Also don't forget people who wear reading glasses. The bigger screen significantly enhance usability. If I have trouble reading the screen, nothing else matters.

A mobile is much more personal than a computer, and I think for a company to be successful it has to cater to as many segments of customers as it can. It's harder for mobile phone to distinguish itself from another now a day, so I think companies will pay more attention to usability.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006

And you want to have to juggle your phone around in your hand just so you can use it? I want a phone I can use without unnecessarily risking a drop because I'm fumbling around trying to reach something on the screen.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
It took me a little bit to get used to the bigger screen of the 6. I have kept my 5s, and I find myself switching my SIM card back and forth between the two phones. I still prefer the form and comfortability factor of the 5s, but the 6 certainly isn't unusable for me.

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
it's so funny how people sometimes are - when apple had the 4/5S, everyone's clamoring for them to have a bigger screen iphone. now that they have it in 2 flavors, people want a smaller screen iphone. to anyone who wants a smaller screen iphone, you can still buy the 5 and 4 and be done with it. but asking apple to make a new smaller screen iphone is not going to happen as technology dictates a bigger screen iphone. i can see the logic behind a smaller screen phone years ago as people will only talk and text but nowadays, people do so many stuff with their phones. they watch movies, do web browsing, doing some office works and everything else. and these activites certainly can be done better with a bigger screen phone. maybe if we go back to just plain ol' talking and texting, then we can ask them to make a 4 inch screen iphone.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
it's so funny how people sometimes are - when apple had the 4/5S, everyone's clamoring for them to have a bigger screen iphone. now that they have it in 2 flavors, people want a smaller screen iphone. to anyone who wants a smaller screen iphone, you can still buy the 5 and 4 and be done with it. but asking apple to make a new smaller screen iphone is not going to happen as technology dictates a bigger screen iphone. i can see the logic behind a smaller screen phone years ago as people will only talk and text but nowadays, people do so many stuff with their phones. they watch movies, do web browsing, doing some office works and everything else. and these activites certainly can be done better with a bigger screen phone. maybe if we go back to just plain ol' talking and texting, then we can ask them to make a 4 inch screen iphone.

But isn't that what tablets are for?

Take cars for example, if I the choice, I would have a sporty car for normal outing, and a SUV for camping trips.

Some people are happy with a sporty wagon for every use, and there is nothing wrong with that. I think what is wrong is forcing a single choice on everyone because it works for you.

Any how, people vote with their money. So regardless what some people here think about the 4" screen, Apple will make them if there is a market for it. As I have posted in an earlier response, annual sale figure for iPhones exceed 120 millions in recent years. If only a modest 5% people prefer a 4" screen, that is 6 millions phones to sell. It's crazy to think that 6 millions phones is a small number.

I don't care to buy another 4" screen, but I don't mind if Apple make them for people who want them. Why does anyone here have a problem with this? It's like saying to Subway, "please don't offer a meatball sandwich. I don't like meatball sandwiches." Isn't that being selfish?

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006

Sounds like you want a tablet. The human body dictates that mobile use needs a smaller device.

cocoua

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2014
madrid, spain
Iphone 5 size with a little bigger screen , edge to edge, smaller bezels...whatever, but one handed
I bet there will be a new iphone 4" in two years again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.