Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stonefingers

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
Currently living in Germany
Bigger problem than the 27in iMac's...

I've got an older 24in iMac and an even older 17in MBP (both Intel), and I've noticed graphics problems ever since I started using SL. While the fix for the 27in might be drivers for the graphics cards, I think the problem lies deeper than this patch....

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
this is alot of work so many of you have to go through in order to deal.

Many of us are wishing for that "mythical Midrange power Mac"

if only apple would sell a nicely powered mid range tower with upgradability and you can bring your own display or buy an apple one.

many of us who love Matte finish would sadly be forced to buy a different brand.

Stingray454

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
+1!
That would be nice. My i5 is perfect, apart from the yellow tinge.

Same with my i7, very slight tinge but still annoying. Though I would guess it's a defect in the screen itself and not something that is fixable by software.. sadly.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Surprised they didn't catch this issue before release.

Kinda strange, but glad it's not a hardware issue.

knewsom

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
Do Not Install If You Do Not Have Flickering.

I didn't have flickering before this update, now after it, I've noticed my screen flutters slightly when the brightness is all the way down. Frack. Nice one Apple. :rolleyes:

maccauni

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
I assume this is still software related.

Well, fingers crossed it is. But i've pretty much given up hope now. Really don't want to be dragging around the 27" box through a busy lakeside shopping centre during january sales just to exchange the thing!

astroot

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
I always assumed that the flickering was a software issue in OS X since I have never seen one screen flicker/blackout while in Windows 7 on my i7.

Will know if it's completely cured when I install this update in an hour or so.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Yay! ... I ordered a 27" iMac over the weekend and I'm hoping for no issues.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I didn't have flickering before this update, now after it, I've noticed my screen flutters slightly when the brightness is all the way down. Frack. Nice one Apple. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else without issues downloaded this update? I've got an i5 that's been flawless thus far, and don't really want to tempt fate by downloading an unneeded firmware update.

Any thoughts by those more versed than I?

peace,
wmt

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Someone will have to investigate the package contents. I'm at work and it's all Windows here.

It has an ATI Rom Flasher in the Kext.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 344
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.