Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack97

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2010
Any idea when it will be released to the general public? Obviously it won't be for awhile but I'm hoping middle/late summer instead of Fall...

I'd imagine soon after they announce the iPhone 5S, so September time :)

Jack97

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2010
Apple copied the MUI icon pack from Android. Not to mention the lockscreen, notification center, swipe to dismiss notifications and close apps on the multi task page. Not a single feature is innovative, just copied from Android or WebOS. I'm really surprised they didn't copy Android's widget concept, but I guess they have to save some new features for IOS 8.

*cough* android's a blatant iOS clone *cough*

who said that?

----------

+1 please!

All I know is there's a dynamic blue one (default) and it's also available in grey. I think they're the only dynamic wallpapers though.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
I have iOS 7.0 up and running on my phone now, so from now all will all the beta updates be OTA?

and what happens when the official 7.0 gets released in the fall? how do I go to that?

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
It now on my 4s. Pretty slick

I'm curious to know if the 4S has any difficulty in running all the new stuff. I'd like to keep my 4S a little longer, but this update could well drive me to upgrade, assuming the software is laggy on the 4S.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
*cough* android's a blatant iOS clone *cough*

who said that?

----------

All I know is there's a dynamic blue one (default) and it's also available in grey. I think they're the only dynamic wallpapers though.

I was actually hoping someone could post them so I can use them on my iOS6 iPhone 5. I thought the one used at WWDC was a sky.

I realize they won't be dynamic but...

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, but the entire homescreen looks terrible. Comparing it side-by-side with a device running iOS 6 it looks atrocious—a lot of the design changes seem to exist solely for change's sake.

That's what it is. I couldn't put my finger on why some of it bugged me. For change's same. Yeah that is a good way of putting it. That and to shut up folks demanding it.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Do I have to do a complete wipe with the beta? I tried doing the update method (option+update, find beta file), but it crashed then I had to restore my iPhone from a backup with iOS 6.

I was able to do my iPad last year without erasing but it was extremely crash happy etc so I ended up erasing it and starting over. So you might do it that way just to clean it out of any debris etc

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
My attempt at making the icons less hideous.
I like your music and mail app icons better, definitely, but it is a matter of taste I suppose, as they have just slightly different colors and gradients. I usually complain about iTunes icon color changes, too, then I get used to it.

Your phone icon is a picture of the whole device, which gives no clue as to which function on that device this button will lead to. And I am sorry, but your Safari icon is more hideous and more confusing. At least Apple is depicting a crushed, but still recognizable compass. Yours look like a sea turtle. :)

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I'm curious to know if the 4S has any difficulty in running all the new stuff. I'd like to keep my 4S a little longer, but this update could well drive me to upgrade, assuming the software is laggy on the 4S.

Few apps are broke but thats to be expected.

Its lagging a bit but I'm assuming they have "turned off" quite a bit of the OS to bug fix. Bit like running in safe mode but not quite that extreme. :)

mikvo

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2013
Calendar Repeating Events

My longest standing complaint against the iPhone calendar is it's inability to create appointments anything but the most basic repeating criteria. Has this changed with the updated calendar? Third party apps do it all the time, but I hate having to rely on two different calendar apps. Can I create appointments for, say, the 3rd Thursday of the month, or every 6 weeks, or things like that? Or is it still limited to the surprisingly paltry set of options available up through iOS 6? Anybody with the beta that can comment on that?

downpour

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
I've update a few more of the iOS icons. What do you think...

Attachments

• ios7_fixed.jpg
    ios7_fixed.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 271

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
The icons are especially surprising after the excellent and refreshing WWDC intro. I expected a soft monochrome theme based around circles rather than curved border app icons, with a few touches of color here and there to draw attention and give the apps character, and nothing like those icons.

The intro seems more like what Jony Ive might put out, too.
Are they sure he did actually work on those icons and not just the video? Haha. :p

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
I've update a few more of the iOS icons. What do you think...

The washed down colors are great.

But the icons are either too adobe-like or metro-like.

The game center one is great tho. Way better than Apple's one.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
I'm going to ask a really stupid question but here goes.

If I download the new Beta which is a .dmg file will I be able to update my iPhone on my Windows PC or do I have to wait to us my Mac at home?

You can extract the IPSW from within the DMG with a utility like PowerISO.

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
Few apps are broke but thats to be expected.

Its lagging a bit but I'm assuming they have "turned off" quite a bit of the OS to bug fix. Bit like running in safe mode but not quite that extreme. :)

Thank you for letting me know. I don't much care if the only things missing are the funky weather animations or moving home screens. If the actual phone functions are slow that's a bad thing. What truly miffs me is the rumor that the voice memo app has been entirely removed. I can't tell you how often I use that for work. I suppose I'll need to find a third party app for that. Sigh.

Last edited:

shiny01

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2013
no Voice Memos??

Its true, I just looked and can't find it or any sort of replacement.. hopefully they are just working on upgrading it or something and will be released later.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Thank you for letting me know. I don't much care if the only things missing are the funky weather animations or moving home screens. If the actual phone functions are slow that's a bad thing. What truly miffs me is the rumor that the voice memo app has been entirely removed. I can't tell you how often I use that for work. I suppose I'll need to find a third party app for that. Sigh.

Whoa hang on. I have voice memos of my kids on that. How do I recover them!?

bigrash

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Everything seems to be working nicely so far. It was a little slow, so I ended up resetting everything and it's a lot smoother now.

Question- What do you guys see when you try to change the wallpaper? When I go to choose wallpaper, it says I don't have any photos (didn't take any pics yet). I wonder if the stock wallpapers deleted when I performed the reset.

yukycg

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
Using an iPhone 5 with iOS7, I found the following:

1.In order to have the weather info appears in the "Today" lockscreen, location services for weather need to be turn on.
For people that travel to different places, it will be hard to tell the current weather is refering to the current location or not.
2. The weather info in lockscreen is in text. Not an pic with a sun or clouds.
3. If u in airplace mode, the weather info still appear, in IOS6 it will said offline.
4.When scrolling up the inbox, the text overlap the top screen bar, make it hard to read the time and battery %
5.When typing the url in safari, "." and "/"button is now replaced with "sapce" button, when typing url like abc.apple.com/abc taken a slight more time.
6.If Apple is obsess with the genie effect when open and close app, why remove the delete a photo genie effect?
7. You can now delete a song in the music app, but I cannot find the song rating setting.
8.I would like to add toggle of 3g/lte/off in the control center.
9.mixing flat and regular icon is ugly.
10.Moving the icon to a different page within a folder is a little bit more hassle(drag too outside you move the icon out of the folder), innovate a new way to rearrange icons, Apple!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.