Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
You'll find your whole libary wiped clean. :D;)

Yep how'd you know? You on the Apple iTunes team? I had 2 playlists on iPhone one pretty good size. And yep the sync finally processed but when finished I had zero play lists. Yeah it deleted them both from the iPhone and iTunes. The one was a compilation from years. At least I was only syncing 2 of my playlists I have in iTunes otherwise I guess they all would have been deleted. What a POS iTunes has become. I never had issues until ver 11 then its been one thing after another. Guess I got work to do recreating a friggin playlist or two. Ver 11.1.2 would only work in manual mode. Was hoping this update would resolve those issues. Guess not.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Looks like it fixed the issue where it wouldn't show anything except the Apple logo in the status bar when you play a song. Meaning you weren't able to scroll through the song that was currently playing nor even see the info on what song it was in the first place.

i-think

Suspended
May 28, 2013
Nice to see Apple scrambling to fix minor issues like the Equalizer in iTunes or crappifying the Remote app for iPhone. Sure wish they would spend some time fixing iOS 7's problems. Like the Music app corrupting music on the iPhone, or syncing troubles with Mavericks, or the broken Mail app on iPhone & Mavericks. :rolleyes: Are they seriously trying to level the playing field and bring their hardware & software to Microsoft standards? It sure feels like it lately. :mad:@:apple:

That is exactly what I think. With all these issues I am starting to feel like Apple will eventually become as bad as Microsoft in a future not too far from now. I am surprised that people are not making a big deal out of the numerous problems with this new OS. I have a new rMBP and the "freezing" problem is making me sick. I would not expect this from a 2K laptop. We (Mac) users pay a premium for a reason: we want things to work!

Let's be more vocal and expose this to the media. Just like the "antenagate".

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Is there a setting for that? The auto-updates on my iPhone/iPad don't get transferred back to the mac. I have about 80 apps sitting in iTunes awaiting an update that's already on the device.

I'm not sure about a setting. Mine just does it when I connect via USB to iTunes.

Asclepio

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2011
I had really hoped the Cocoa rewrite would have brought speed and a new elegant UI. When it used to be just for songs, it was amazing. These days it's just a mess. iTunes is a pig and has outlived its usefulness for media management. Apple, please gut it an start over.

iTunes is new Adobe Flash.

Otago Lad

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
New Zealand
Has it fixed the issue where, if you have a large iTunes library, the Video app will not connect to that iTunes library (accessed via the shared tab in the Video app) and you therefore cannot play movies/tv shows on your iphone/ipad that you have locally saved and which are accessible via iTunes on your PC/Mac (i.e. not those that are accessible via iCloud).

This issue is a home sharing issue but does not affect home sharing to an Apple TV (i.e. I can use my aTV's to watch all my locally saved iTunes movies/tv shows, however I just can't do the same via the video app on my iPad).

Nahaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2010
Australia
Serious question. What do you think is a better app for music than iTunes? I feel like it's become fashionable to say iTunes sucks, but I find it to be a great app for managing my music, especially since I use iTunes Match (which does still have plenty of room to be improved, but for the most part works OK)

Good thing I can use MediaMonkey Gold on Windows which will work with iOS 7 as well as sync with my iDevices.

leftoverbacon

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2013
iTunes DJ

Any chance this update brings back the iTunes DJ that was quietly and unceremoniously removed?

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Nice to see Apple scrambling to fix minor issues like the Equalizer in iTunes or crappifying the Remote app for iPhone. Sure wish they would spend some time fixing iOS 7's problems. Like the Music app corrupting music on the iPhone, or syncing troubles with Mavericks, or the broken Mail app on iPhone & Mavericks. :rolleyes: Are they seriously trying to level the playing field and bring their hardware & software to Microsoft standards? It sure feels like it lately. :mad:@:apple:

You do know there multiple teams of people working on different apps, right? It's not just like, "Hey Bob, what app are we working on today? I see a lot of bug reports for Mail." "Nah Harry, today we're working on Find My Friends. Tim really likes that one." It was reported a few days ago that Apple is rumored to be working on several Mavericks app updates.

Also, "crappifying" the Remote app? Other than the horrid icon, I think it's quite an improvement. More responsive, more features, so what do you hate about it? And I haven't experienced any music corruption in iOS 7, I'm sorry to hear that's happening to you. Did you send the bug to Apple?

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
I wonder if this fixes the hanging 'finishing sync' issues that have come up across various iPhones when syncing data..

BL.

I had a problem and it was because I had Newstand in a folder. Remove it and it will sync.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2013
Hyrule
iTunes used to be lean, an excellent application. Recently, they've been turning it into a laggy poop. If they ever release an iOS 7 design one, forget it, I'm out.

EDIT: Actually, this update might have fixed the problem where it lagged whenever I tried to pause, skip, etc. It used to be especially bad using the keyboard key for pausing, delaying 10 seconds! I partially take back what I said, but it STILL uses way more computing power than the much older versions do (that is, more than it needs to), typical of anything new.

Last edited:

Krauser

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
Just went back to Snow Leopard from Mavericks on my 2008 unibody MacBook. The OS ran fine, but it was bug city for me, more so than I was willing to wait for a 10.9.1 update for. Scrolling in Chrome was shot, Safari froze and required a force quit if you 2 finger swiped between pages, scrolling in finder and preview was simply broken, mail was giving me endless issues, iPhoto decided to just forget 75% of my library existed, and every single one of my wallpapers wouldn't render at the correct resolution if set as a desktop wallpaper... all in all, really happy I left SL on a second bootable clone. Running that and forgot how solid it really was. I'm pretty sure this '08 Unibody's going to live out the rest of it's days on SL. Maybe Mavericks will impress me or get over it's many issues on a new MacBook, who knows.

triscuitbiscuit

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
I still happen to have this annoying bug that if the last song on a playlist finishes (with repeat on), and goes to the next song (which would happen to be the first on the playlist), and you then press "back," it does not go back to the last song, but rather to the second to last song.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
Fix Soundcheck

How about fixing Soundcheck? It's still a huge hit or miss with it. Specially with iTunes Match enabled where I can stream it to iOS devices, Mac and ATV.

Sound Check needs some a serious rework.

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Yep how'd you know? You on the Apple iTunes team? I had 2 playlists on iPhone one pretty good size. And yep the sync finally processed but when finished I had zero play lists. Yeah it deleted them both from the iPhone and iTunes. The one was a compilation from years. At least I was only syncing 2 of my playlists I have in iTunes otherwise I guess they all would have been deleted. What a POS iTunes has become. I never had issues until ver 11 then its been one thing after another. Guess I got work to do recreating a friggin playlist or two. Ver 11.1.2 would only work in manual mode. Was hoping this update would resolve those issues. Guess not.

I'm not knocking you, but backups would have helped. Time Machine is great. Even exporting your Playlists now and then is a good idea. Could have been prevented...

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Very happy to hear about the large libraries fix. Now if only the could do the same on the iPhone. Tapping on an artist with a large library using iTines match takes forever to load with iOS 7.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
I love the fact that Mavericks allows for auto download and install. I saw this article and I went to download and install the iTunes update and found that it was already done today from Mavericks. :)

On a different note, I have my issues with MR but I will say they ROCKED by creating the push alerts so I always stay up to date with the news! Even better there has been a lot of Mac-related news FINALLY. MR is getting better each day.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
Still no fix for the "annoying pop up button" and "album art is barely visible" issues...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.