Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keyhole

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I laugh at some of you over reacting to an X.X.3 update like it's the end of Apple. Seriously people, get a grip on reality.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
I have a swedish iTunes account, and since updating to this 11.1.3, my credit I had (from a gift card) has disappeared? I just lost a load of cash !

Seriously, this is crap. :mad:

richardk32

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2011
UCNJ
AirPlay and appleTV 1st Gen?

or for that matter Airport Express? Please tell me I'm missing something exceedingly simple, and what it is?
The aTV is still sync'ing with iTunes, which sees it's there under preferences, but I can no longer play music to it using AirPlay, as the icon to the right of the volume control is gone.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
In....

a mini HP with Windoze 8.1 I use when needed, I not see improvements in equalizer or any whatsoever. But in my Mac Pro, with Lion, I truly notes a better output when the equalizer uses manual settings and preamp.....:D

:):apple:

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
I laugh at some of you over reacting to an X.X.3 update like it's the end of Apple. Seriously people, get a grip on reality.

People like to complain and do so without thinking things through.

Obviously it is not that easy to optimize each app for each hardware scenario/configuration.
Millions out there, with different memory, Mac models, etc.etc.

So, as long as Apple gets the bug reports and keeps updating things we should call be happy and patient, but then ..........people like to.......

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
I had this bug when iOS 7 first released, but haven't had it happen in a while. Latest software? And did you submit a bug report?

Latest update of iOS 7 official using iPhone 4S. No I have not submitted a report yet, might do it when my life becomes that quiet! :p

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Latest update of iOS 7 official using iPhone 4S. No I have not submitted a report yet, might do it when my life becomes that quiet! :p

Hmm, interesting. Well here's hoping they fix this soon. I have a feeling 7.1, when it comes out, will be a pretty nice update for everyone.

mwjd299

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2003
Santa Maria, CA
WiFi sync still not working

WiFi Sync worked well before Mavericks and Itunes 11 with IOS 7, now after upgrades does not work at all. Was hoping that 11.1.3 would take are of the problem but no go. Now I'm hoping Mavericks update will fix it. I've tried everything but nothing solves the problem. If anyone has any answers i would appreciate it. :confused:

Bruce1967

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
Since the release of iTunes 11.1.2 I have been unable to hide or unhide any music purchases and this update did nothing to fix that problem. A problem the iTunes support people have no clue as to why it's happening or how to fix it which isn't surprising since it took 3 emails to just get them to understand what the problem was.

ogm1er

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
California
Does anyone know if this fixes the hang up during a restore, at the firmware part? Phone has been a brick since ios 7 came out. Cant seem to restore the phone back to anything, keep getting error 3. Have tried to restore on an imac, macbook pro, a windows machine, tried making new itunes account, tried tinyumbrella, I have tried everything and nothing is working. Some help would be awesome, since apple has no clue what error 3 is nor is it on there support pages. :mad:

demetr1

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2013
Something strange occurred when i updated to itunes 11.1.3.

When i clicked update within app store the update installed instantly without any download. When i reloaded app store the update reappeared and so i installed for a second time but this time an actual download occurred and installed as usually expected, now i have two itunes 11.1.3 installations completed in the app store last 30 day history.

Anyone know why this happened or how to clear the app store installation history...?

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003
It no longer hangs at "finishing sync"...so I'm happy with the update. I have no other issues with it now.
Now it hangs at "Waiting for changes to be applied".

They just moved the issue.

I wish I hadn't upgraded to iTunes 11. The previous version rocked, was intuitive and they built in the features that we liked over the years.

In the name of "innovation" demanded by many in here Apple re-did iTunes and it is no longer intuitive, functions are hidden or very hard to find, what didn't require fixing is now broke (Podcasts, album art), etc, etc and it still runs slowly and hangs. I can't even get the thing to copy a new playlist to my iPad (yes I check marked the new playlist).

Also bug fixes trickle through at a glacial pace, as though there is no priority given to these.

Apple won't hire programmers unless they graduated from high-faluting universities. I applied for Apple jobs several times and never got any reply that they even received my application. I expect these "superstars" to do a much better job than what I've suffered through with iTunes 11 and iOS 7.

Otago Lad

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
New Zealand
Has it fixed the issue where, if you have a large iTunes library, the Video app will not connect to that iTunes library (accessed via the shared tab in the Video app) and you therefore cannot play movies/tv shows on your iphone/ipad that you have locally saved and which are accessible via iTunes on your PC/Mac (i.e. not those that are accessible via iCloud).

This issue is a home sharing issue but does not affect home sharing to an Apple TV (i.e. I can use my aTV's to watch all my locally saved iTunes movies/tv shows, however I just can't do the same via the video app on my iPad).

Checked last night and can confirm this issue is fixed and I've found home sharing generally is far quicker even to my aTV's.

DVD Plaza

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2008
adelaide.sa.au
I had really hoped the Cocoa rewrite would have brought speed and a new elegant UI. When it used to be just for songs, it was amazing. These days it's just a mess. iTunes is a pig and has outlived its usefulness for media management. Apple, please gut it an start over.

No don't wish for that - given Apple's history with rewrites an entirely new iTunes would be missing features such as media management and playback :)

Seriously though, fix the damn double-click title bar to minimise bug - it really really really gives me the #%*€$ that iTunes doesn't obey that UI setting anymore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.