Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
what the heck happened to this... looks like now a much more easier interface.... I'm already missing the side bar..

Thumbs down here.....

All in all... the old design was better. Give us an option at least to revert to standard old version .. :) That I would have loved to see with any GUI changes.

Dude, the old sidebar and the status bar are both still available under the View menu; they're just not turned on by default.

theBigD23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Where do I download the version for PowerPC/10.5.8 Leopard for G5?

I don't see anywhere there is a version available.

Did Apple just ditch PowerPC users in the dark with this or something?

Sorry to say, but PowerPC is just done. Expect less and less support, the way it should be. Your system works great with all of the updates that you've received for free over the years.

nemaslov

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco
If you never used iTunes DJ, you don't know why we are all upset. :)

The coolest thing was when you had a party, and your guests could use their iOS devices to 'vote' for the next song. It was one of the coolest things I've been able to do with my Mac, and everyone seemed to get a kick out of it.

Up next does NOT replace DJ (the ability to set the next song was just part of the DJ functionality).

I've also provided music at events where I had a 'dinner' playlist and a 'dance' playlist...iTunes DJ allowed a seemless transition between the 2 (simply by changing the playlist that DJ accessed), and a traveling Air Port Express allowed remote voting for the crowd at the event.

I hate this trend where Apple is removing real functionality for the sake of iOS-like UIs.

You are so right on here. Bring Back DJ and even improve it. Don't limit it to the next 100 songs and then allow you to add in a non playlist songs like you can do with REMOTE.

smellalot

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Ahhh! How can I downgrade? Please help me and others, as I'm sure I'm not the only one around here.
The 'next' and 'previous' buttons in the information window are gone.. Why oh why do that?

Gibbage

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
I'm not at my Mac tonight so can someone let me know please if the new iTunes rectifies any if the numerous known issues with artwork in iTunes Match? I have got all my iTunes artwork looking spiffy but despite restarting iCloud several times the changed artwork just WILL NOT show on my iPhone or ipad. I'm hoping iTunes 11 is the fix for this........:confused:

Seems to have improved things for me, not sure if all issues are fixed yet

wlossw

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
If you never used iTunes DJ, you don't know why we are all upset. :)

The coolest thing was when you had a party, and your guests could use their iOS devices to 'vote' for the next song. It was one of the coolest things I've been able to do with my Mac, and everyone seemed to get a kick out of it.

Up next does NOT replace DJ (the ability to set the next song was just part of the DJ functionality).

I've also provided music at events where I had a 'dinner' playlist and a 'dance' playlist...iTunes DJ allowed a seemless transition between the 2 (simply by changing the playlist that DJ accessed), and a traveling Air Port Express allowed remote voting for the crowd at the event.

I hate this trend where Apple is removing real functionality for the sake of iOS-like UIs.

I wonder how many people have parties and only invite guest with iPhones... Is this the new snobbism? If os I'm all for it.:D Too bad about itunes DJ... But for the other 6 days a week up next works as well or better for most people.

Apple has increasingly shown it's willingness to alienate power users for the sake of simplicity. I'm not so sure that it's a bad business model... After all they are now making a ton of $$$ of the iDevice craze.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
In one of the last updates the disabled the option to change ratings while playings songs on your Apple TV. Now it disappeared from the remote app for you iTunes library as well. Why? This really sucks...

I agree, I just noticed that. They must have decided most people don't rate from the app, but I do. The ability to add and delete from playlists from the app is a nice addition though, and overall it feels way more solid than the previous version.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Ahhh! How can I downgrade? Please help me and others, as I'm sure I'm not the only one around here.
The 'next' and 'previous' buttons in the information window are gone.. Why oh why do that?

really? the buttons are still there for me.
you scared me.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that when you click on the album art, you get a resizable Quicktime-like album cover with player controls on it?

I think that's pretty cool, and should satisfy a lot of people who have been complaining about not being able to view their album art at a larger size.

It's been like that for years:rolleyes:

mr.johnnyboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Not happy

Was all excited with the new version but not so happy now that I've installed it.
Can anyone let me know how to roll back?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Dude, the old sidebar and the status bar are both still available under the View menu; they're just not turned on by default.

oh right...

I re-track my annoying groaning.

uh.. the iTunes store really needs better formatting ..

Update: Looks like there was some wired left side HTML issue or something........ seems ok now :)

Last edited:

NanoTubeReturns

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
yay the colors are back!

2ly3o2e.png

interesting it shows every tv show and movie i ever downloaded but dont even have on my library available to stream

TOTALLY!!
:cool:

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
sweet just noticed that windows explorer is back to showing the iPhone as an icon instead of the default blue camera

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Does anyone know what the "Use custom colors for open albums, movies, etc." option in Preferences does? I can't seem to notice any difference.

Sidenote: man it bugs me when copywriters misuse 'et cetera'. It's lazy writing. Albums, movies, and...what else? Who knows. It's not clear, and using et cetera there just compounds my already-existing confusion!

Nethan

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Idaho
Does anyone know what the "Use custom colors for open albums, movies, etc." option in Preferences does? I can't seem to notice any difference.

Sidenote: man it bugs me when copywriters misuse 'et cetera'. It's lazy writing. Albums, movies, and...what else? Who knows. It's not clear, and using et cetera there just compounds my already-existing confusion!

This removes the album picture and color matching done when you click on an album in album view.

one07

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
I agree, I just noticed that. They must have decided most people don't rate from the app, but I do. The ability to add and delete from playlists from the app is a nice addition though, and overall it feels way more solid than the previous version.

I don't want to sit in front of my computer all the time while listening to new albums and rating them... Maybe we can be happy that the rumors that they'll ditch the whole rating weren't true. I think they started thinking about the need of the rating option when the first problem with iTunes Match showed up...

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
I do like the change in background colours, in album view, that works dependant of cover art.

Attachments

• dark_side_of_the_moon.png
    dark_side_of_the_moon.png
    608.5 KB · Views: 139
  • momentary_lapse_of_reason.png
    momentary_lapse_of_reason.png
    745.8 KB · Views: 133

smellalot

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
really? the buttons are still there for me.
you scared me.

Ah, OK. Unter "All songs" it's just the way it always was. But under "artists" it's kinda strange.

Thanks man, I was already searching the web for an older version of iTunes.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
It all boils down to iOSification and dumbing down, really...iPad Music App, new iTunes, new Airport Utility etc...the NASTY legacy of Forstall et al.

The new iMacs look great, by the way.

did you seriously just complain that the iPad music app...on iOS...suffers from 'iOSification'? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.